• Mel thinks Gendry is Azor Ahai
  • Gendry is legitimized by Shireen
  • Gendry Baratheon first of his name is the next King
  • He makes Davos his Hand and is sailing to aid the Wall
  • "GENDRY GENDRY GENDRY"
  • Gendry & Jon best bros
  • D&D happy

who couldn't get behind all of this

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but I think the 3 leeches will be replaced with Stannis' dead sons.

Well if you need the fires to be burning strong in someone for the fire magic to work I can't think of fires any weaker than years long preserved miscarried foetuses. If you want an incantation NOT to work using those 3 boys is the way to go. Seems to me that blood magic pretty much needs fresh / living tissue to work.

I think a second shadow-baby ight be Mel's plan, but I don't see why one is necessary, so perhaps Gendry will resist her charms.

Edric's life is wanted to wake the stone dragon, and if that's still the plan for the show then I think things will pretty much play out as in the book using Gendry.

But just as in the books, I wonder if Gendry has any further part to play in the story. It seems a bit of a waste for a character like this to simply disappear off stage. One assumes Arya will come across Edric somewhere in Essos, so one assumes Arya will hook back up with Gendry in Essos ion the TV show. But where does that leave Gendry in the books? Does he hook back up with Arya when Arya returns to Westeros?

My guess:

Davos helps him escape... like he did Edric. (Where did Edric go?)

Davos sends him into westeros, and Gendry is no longer associated with the brotherhood, and winds up as blacksmith at the Crossroads like in Book 4.

that way it explains what happened in the book without really telling.

After Arya escaped the brotherhood, we have no idea what happens to BwB nor Gendry. Taking Gendry out of the BwB does explain a few things.

Stannis is going to rock next episode. His speech about duty, and probably about sacrifice as well. And the preview shows Gendry being leeched. I am glad they kept the leeches. Burning the stillborns instead would be pretty weird.

What's the point of more shadow babies? I mean logically that's not even apart of stannis' plan anymore.

they still need to kill Cortnay Penrose, thought that is something i expected they would skip. actually im still bothered by having Davos sail Mel under the wards at Storms End so she could use a shadow baby to kill Renly who is sitting in a tent with no magical wards

Could we tell from the previews that it was a leech? I couldn't really tell what she was doing, but it seemed clear that it wasn't sexual as implied in the inital previews of that scene from early in the year.

We still see a (presumably) naked Mel so IDK.

Just some random doomsaying, its never going to happen. Now Balon on the otherhand...

http://asoiaf.wester...ndre-and-balon/

Get Hyped!

I knew it in March!

~~~

Going off the preview for next week Mel is holding a cup of Gendry's blood I'm assuming... (uggh) not sure if she leeched him to get the blood or not, my new guess might be some kinda magic we haven't seen yet.

Does anybody else find it a bit rushed? Ideally, we should have had Gendry been taken away last episode, so that Stannis' dilemma and Davos' decision to smuggle him out of Dragonstone is reasonably well-paced. Davos still hasn't been released yet, so it's a bit alarming that he would betray Stannis' orders so soon after being released from prison.

I feel like the end of Stannis story for season 3 will end with Davos telling him to go to the wall. Obviously that is going to take a while for them to get from Dragonstone to the wall so they might as well have that as the time that goes by between seasons.

He's replacing Edric Storm

they could cast that boy, he would be important in the future, as Gendry would become a member of the brotherhood

with thatm they cut the siege of Storm's End and they'll probably cut Brienne meeting him in the Inn of the Crossroads, or I don't know if later he'll be there

I just didn't want them to cut Robert's bastards, I wonder if we'll see Mya in the Eyrie with Sansa?

It will be interesting to see when Stannis gives his speech about duty and what he actually says. Stannis and/or Shireen may be the ones to let Davos out so that he can smuggle out Gendry. Either Stannis has a change of (fire) heart and realizes the madness of this all (or will be jealous of Mel's attention of "Robert's son") and has Davos help Gendry out of a bad situation or Shireen realizes that Gendry is her cousin and pleads to her father to help him (they seem to be setting her up as a sweet (insightful?) girl who is Stannis' weak spot), and he gives Davos the okay to help Gendry.

Thus, Davos will again be in Stannis good graces just in time to tell him in ep. 10 to go to the Wall (with Mel confirming that this is the right path). I just can't see Davos getting out of jail without Stannis's say so.

He's replacing Edric Storm

they could cast that boy, he would be important in the future, as Gendry would become a member of the brotherhood

with thatm they cut the siege of Storm's End and they'll probably cut Brienne meeting him in the Inn of the Crossroads, or I don't know if later he'll be there

I just didn't want them to cut Robert's bastards, I wonder if we'll see Mya in the Eyrie with Sansa?

I HOPE SO.

It's my wistful dream to somehow play Mya Stone in the show but I know it will never ever happen :P

Archived