(book spoilers) Lame Lothar

SerMudz

I noticed that during the scene between the visiting Freys, and the Starks/Tullys, when the Freys leaves one of them has a visible limp as he walks...was this a nod to Lame Lothar from the books? My memory's hazy but didnt he have a limp?

Has it been confirmed if those too are actually supposed to bé Lothar and Walder Rivers? Or was it just a nod to book fans and theyre just random un-named freys?

He gave me the creeps. big time.

Exactly. Too creepy. I pictured Lothar as clever enough to hide his game masterfully. In that scene there is so much shade being thrown that even Rickon would see what a backstabbing bitch Lame Lothar is.

Both castings have been confirmed to be Black Walder and Lame Lothar. And I think the limp was definitely a nod to book readers.

http://winteriscomin...ck-walder-cast/

http://winteriscomin...casting-update/

Nod? What nod? The actor plays Lame Lothar, Lame Lothar has a limp! Where's the nod? It's like saying Melisandre's red hair is a nod to book readers!

Nod? What nod? The actor plays Lame Lothar, Lame Lothar has a limp! Where's the nod? It's like saying Melisandre's red hair is a nod to book readers!

Well, they could have easily left it out. IIRC, Dagmer Cleftjaw didn't have a cleft in his upper lip in the show, so his name was pretty stupid. He could simply have been Lothar Frey, and it wouldn't have changed anything

Well, they could have easily left it out. IIRC, Dagmer Cleftjaw didn't have a cleft in his upper lip in the show, so his name was pretty stupid. He could simply have been Lothar Frey, and it wouldn't have changed anything

They didn't actually call him Cleftjaw in the show though. I think.

Archived