[NO SPOILERS] Need Advice

Dacnomaniac

So, I finished ASOS: Part 1 yesterday, and have Season 3 recorded. I want to read the book before I watch the TV Season. Now, my question is, I remember reading somewhere that Season 3 is only based on the first half of the book, so can I watch the TV Season without revealing any book spoilers from ASOS: Part 2?

Now I've only read the first and second book, but from what I've been told I can say that Game of Thrones season 3 even features some storylines from the fifth book (A Dance With Dragons), and I can't imagine that the producers strictly stick to only the first half of ASOS in season 3... I'm sure some storylines will go further into the second part of ASOS. So it's not safe to say that you can avoid all sorts of spoilers. To be on the safe side, I'd read the 2nd part of ASOS as well before watching season 3!

So, I finished ASOS: Part 1 yesterday, and have Season 3 recorded. I want to read the book before I watch the TV Season. Now, my question is, I remember reading somewhere that Season 3 is only based on the first half of the book, so can I watch the TV Season without revealing any book spoilers from ASOS: Part 2?

No. If you want to avoid any and all spoilers for the books then I recommend that you read part two of Storm of Swords as well as A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons, just for good measure. There are a few plot points that borrow from the final two books in season three, so best to get reading!

Archived