[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick without repercussion?

Once again no Ironborn! No that i'm a fan on Balon and his crew but how can they be completely ignored up to this point.

I think we'll get no Ironborn this season. And, well, they didn't do much in book 3 IIRC.

Maybe we'll hear about Balon's death at the end of the season and see the kingsmoot next year.

UGH. yes. so annoyed.

Really? The only reason i can imagine for being annoyed at that change, is that it kind of whitewashes Jaime, in the sense that they are panically afraid of him being associated with the RW (which is kind of fair, as he didn't have anything to do with it actually).

Really? The only reason i can imagine for being annoyed at that change, is that it kind of whitewashes Jaime, in the sense that they are panically afraid of him being associated with the RW (which is kind of fair, as he didn't have anything to do with it actually).

Oh my reason isn't even that good. :) I'm just one of those people who always wants a line that I loved to be exactly the same in the show as it is in the book (though I realize that is not always possible, nor does it always make sense), and will it now change when it's repeated (or supposed to be) at the RW? But you have a fair point, he was not directly involved in the RW so if they are trying to convey that it's the Lannisters and not pin-point Jaime, it makes sense.

That's a fair point. I suppose in the end that's what he came to want, what with Robb actually becoming a king, but it's true, the marriage at first was to the heir to Winterfell... not really a much more august personage than the Lord of Riverrun, in his way, and in fact, a Tully marriage would be superior to a Stark marriage since that could more directly impact the fortunes of House Frey.

I hated the bear pit scene. I LOVE that scene in the book. In addition to the bear being obviously trained, we missed some of the best lines.

"Get the wench" "Her name is Brienne, the maid of Tarth. You are still a maiden I hope? Good I only rescue maidens." How can you cut that out?!?!

I also missed Vargo Hoat. Locke was a stupid invention. Why would the two Bolton men fight each other? In the book, you really had no idea what Hoat was going to do. You also miss the epic "You thlew my bear!" Line. Really upset about that scene in general. It was so much more dramatic in the book.

i agree with the Cat situation. And the Blackfish is just a douche. Seriously, what is his problem? And why did D&D decide to butcher such a likable, loyal character in the book?

I think they could have kept Vargo Hoat, another of D&D's unexplained inventions.

Still in the books and now the screen both Lockhe and Hoat were Bolton men.

Bolton asked Jamie to explain that Jamie's maiming was not his fault.

I thought in the book and here on the show, if I was Tywin, I would of said "The Hell with that."

"Lockhe/Hoat was one of your men!"

Bolton would have been on Tywin's S-bomb list no matter what.

Even GRRM does not seem logical at times.

And that's the reason she cites in episode, in addition to his dwarfism. It's just he's also the only Lannister who has protected her and been kind to her at every turn.

I haven't been following the SoIaF fandom for long enough to know, but I'm guessing there are many book readers who likewise responded very negatively to how Sansa treats Tyrion, given how he's been nothing but kind and protective to her. In the show, he's not even ugly or morally ambiguous. He's a straight up hero, about to be treated like shit by the ungrateful little bitch who can't see past his height and his last name.

I agree with you. Although there is a hefty group of "Sansa a can do know wrong and Tyrions the devil" type around here that will disagree.

I think they could have kept Vargo Hoat, another of D&D's unexplained inventions.

Still in the books and now the screen both Lockhe and Hoat were Bolton men.

Bolton asked Jamie to explain that Jamie's maiming was not his fault.

I thought in the book and here on the show, if I was Tywin, I would of said "The Hell with that."

"Lockhe/Hoat was one of your men!"

Bolton would have been on Tywin's S-bomb list no matter what.

Even GRRM does not seem logical at times.

That isn't exactly true, The Brave Companions were their own company, and had been hired by Tywin originally, right? So, it would make more sense that even though they switched sides Bolton could get away w/being absolved of Jaime's hand because they were a separate sellsword co. that Tywin himself had hired first.

It makes much less sense that Bolton thinks he can be absolved of Jaime's hand being cut off by one of his own men who he doesn't even punish.

I agree with you. Although there is a hefty group of "Sansa a can do know wrong and Tyrions the devil" type around here that will disagree.

Tyrion forcibly wed and was willing to rape a 12 year old girl until he realised how petrified she was. In this situation, she's the only victim, and Tyrion is her victimiser.

Tyrion forcibly wed and was willing to rape a 12 year old girl until he realised how petrified she was. In this situation, she's the only victim, and Tyrion is her victimiser.

Well that's at the very least unfair to say, he told her she had a choice. And before someone says that it's a choice between a Lannister and a Lannister, well yes, but what is Tyrion to do about that? He at best can decide not to marry her, he has no influence over Tywin, who would then just marry her off to Lancel. Tyrion explicitly asks Sansa if she prefers it that way, which points out that he is not as willing to hop into her bed as some people accuse him. Sansa is getting the worst out of this deal, no doubt, but it's not like Tyrion yelled "YEAH THAT'S WHAT I ALWAYS WANTED" when he got the news.

Rape is an exaggeration. He wants to sleep with her and eventually decides not to because she's clearly horrified. I don't remember him once mentioning rape in that chapter.

Sansa wasn't giving proper consent; therefore it would have been rape.

And in fact he did nothing. Tyrion hoped she'd want it too, when it was clear she did not he backed off. He never considered raping her.

In the books, at this point in the story, Sansa is younger and her life is basically one giant episode of PTSD and Tyrion is much darker. In spite of his "kindness" towards her, her disgust of him is perfectly justified and understandable.

In the show it's basically "ew, dwarves are gross".

In the books, at this point in the story, Sansa is younger and her life is basically one giant episode of PTSD and Tyrion is much darker. In spite of his "kindness" towards her, her disgust of him is perfectly justified and understandable.

She did also say "he's a Lannister", though I agree that the emphasis should have been more on that then his appearance.

Why? While it's perfectly understandable for her to hate all Lannisters, basically all of Tyrion's "darker" actions happen outside of Sansa's view. She doesn't know he killed Symon, he threatened to hurt Tommen, he threatened to hurt the smiths who wouldn't forge his chain etc. All she sees of Tyrion really is him defending her from ser Meryn. I agree with how ridiculous she sounded in the show with the "yuck sex with dwarf?" line, but in the books she is disgusted by the prospect of wedding a particularly ugly Lannister, and not because of some particular evil crimes Tyrion has comited.

She did also say "he's a Lannister", though I agree that the emphasis should have been more on that then his appearance.

But the way she said it sounded more like "he's a Lannister, aren't we supposed to be enemies?" rather than "he's a Lannister! They killed my father in front of me and have been torturing me physically and psychologically for 2 seasons". I didn't feel any sort of fright or worry in that conversation, it was just so casual and gossipy. Margaery was all like "hey when you gotta sex, you gotta sex" and Sansa was like "ew sex hehe"

"Your mom taught you that?"

C'mon...

Why? While it's perfectly understandable for her to hate all Lannisters, basically all of Tyrion's "darker" actions happen outside of Sansa's view. She doesn't know he killed Symon, he threatened to hurt Tommen, he threatened to hurt the smiths who wouldn't forge his chain etc. All she sees of Tyrion really is him defending her from ser Meryn. I agree with how ridiculous she sounded in the show with the "yuck sex with dwarf?" line, but in the books she is disgusted by the prospect of wedding a particularly ugly Lannister, and not because of some particular evil crimes Tyrion has comited.

Indeed. But she is barely 13 (iirc?) at that point and she's in severe shock and she just lumps all the Lannisters together. IIRC, on several occasions, she notes that Tyrion is kind with her and goes on to think "Joffrey was kind to me and then he chopped of my dad's head in front of me" and also "Cersei was kind to me at some point".

Okay it's maybe not totally justified, considering Tyrion has never harmed her directly, but it's definitely understandable.

Archived