[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick without repercussion?

But the way she said it sounded more like "he's a Lannister, aren't we supposed to be enemies?" rather than "he's a Lannister! They killed my father in front of me and have been torturing me physically and psychologically for 2 seasons". I didn't feel any sort of fright or worry in that conversation, it was just so casual and gossipy. Margaery was all like "hey when you gotta sex, you gotta sex" and Sansa was like "ew sex hehe"

"Your mom taught you that?"

C'mon...

So true, that dialogue was incredibly out of character on so many different levels, it's just ridiculous :D

Not enough Arya!

Oh, and Ygritte annoys me. She annoyed me in the book too but at least I didn't have to hear her annoying accent :P

For me Arya IS the story, so I agree with you on that. But I don't know if that's legitimate even as a nitpick, because I also think there should be more Arya (and less Dany) in the books.

The show's producers really like Rose Leslie, the actress who plays Ygritte. Apparently they really, REALLY like her, if all the screen time she gets is an indication. I swear, if I hear "You know nothing Jon Snow" one more time.. (I don't really know what I'd do, tbh :P ) I found it poignant as heck when Ygritte died in the books, but I'm going to cheer and do a little dance when she gets it on TV.

Shae being Shae....seriously what does Tyrion see in her?

Really, incredibly uppity for a whore. Tyrion should just confront her with that. "Listen honey, do you want to be my whore or my lover? Because if the latter, I'm going to stop paying you." Sadly, he's deluding himself on that front.

Oh dear. The Orell/Jon/Ygritte love triangle is just ridiculous. I know Georgie wrote it, but come on.

Srsly. I don't like the Orell character much either. He could have been left out in favour of the much more interesting Varamyr Six-skins.

I think they could have kept Vargo Hoat, another of D&D's unexplained inventions.

Still in the books and now the screen both Lockhe and Hoat were Bolton men.

Bolton asked Jamie to explain that Jamie's maiming was not his fault.

I thought in the book and here on the show, if I was Tywin, I would of said "The Hell with that."

"Lockhe/Hoat was one of your men!"

Bolton would have been on Tywin's S-bomb list no matter what.

Even GRRM does not seem logical at times.

There is a bit of twisted logic to it actually. Tywin is portrayed both in the books and on TV as having sent Gregor Clegane into the Riverlands to rape and pillage, then later denying that HE was responsible for HIS bannerman operating on HIS orders. It would be hypocritical for him not to expect the same logic to extend to Roose Bolton.

(And I DO realize the irony of that, really I do. "It would be hypocritical" of Tywin not to realize what a hypocrite he is. :P )

I actually loved everything about this episode. The only thing that made me frustrated was that Talisa kept turning her tits the other way..

I kept yelling "turn over" in my head during that scene. My GF was happy she didn't. I wasn't

Just curious, I know George wrote the episode, but does he get to invent the scenes? Some people are saying that the Bolton girls were George's "perv side" coming out, but doesn't he have to write them in...? They were cast for the show for these roles. He writes a scene with Melisandre and Gendry even though they aren't together in the books. I wish I knew more what goes on behind the writing/collaboration/editing process. Is it like, "here's a list of scenes for your episode" and then they edit and change what they want? Or does he choose everything he wants and they barely touch his writing? I'm assuming D&D are involved somewhat to have some character consistency and the fact that the show is theirs.

I don't know.... I was expecting more from GRRM. I waited all week for....this?

Was Theon always well endowed? Don't remember that.

Why is Cat even on the show anymore. I haven't heard a peep from her.

Why doesn't Tyrion tell Sansa about Shae? I bet Sansa would be overjoyed to not bang an imp. She could have a male Shae around.

Also, just thinking, why didn't Jaime just let Brienne take him to KL and help the trek be a little smoother? He didn't have to fight her.

I hope we see Gendry and Mel bang. Both with full frontal.

Just curious, I know George wrote the episode, but does he get to invent the scenes? Some people are saying that the Bolton girls were George's "perv side" coming out, but doesn't he have to write them in...? They were cast for the show for these roles. He writes a scene with Melisandre and Gendry even though they aren't together in the books. I wish I knew more what goes on behind the writing/collaboration/editing process. Is it like, "here's a list of scenes for your episode" and then they edit and change what they want? Or does he choose everything he wants and they barely touch his writing? I'm assuming D&D are involved somewhat to have some character consistency and the fact that the show is theirs.

Is that to say that there's no way George could have ever come up with something you don't like? I'm just asking.

Anyway yes, I think they have a series of events to develop, and then they develop them separately. After that, they check everything for internal consistency.

Is that to say that there's no way George could have ever come up with something you don't like? I'm just asking.

Anyway yes, I think they have a series of events to develop, and then they develop them separately. After that, they check everything for internal consistency.

Uh, no. Thanks for assuming though.

where does one start with this episode???????????

you stole the words right out of my mouth.

I'll try to lay it out:

the Theon torture scene. Why were the chicks enjoying it and not being scared shitless knowing what Ramsay would do to them? Why have we spent like 40 min off screen time this season just watching him get tortured. we get it- Theon is being tortured.

Margaery and Sansa scene. So Margaery has been around the block and Sansa is dumbass. Sansa was devastated about marrying Tyrion, but Marge is like "don't worry, he's nice and good looking" and Sansa is like "yeah, guess it's not so bad" and they both have a good laugh. huh?

Bran scene. yawn. and why are they going to castle black. And on a side note, why does Robb still know they're alive. Where does Rickon keep running off to, and why doesn't anybody care?

Showfish. what a dick.

Talisa scene. "oh I love u so much Robb" -naked butt shot- "I love u too, u look so hot naked" -naked butt shot- "what are u doing Talisa?" -naked butt shot- "oh nothing, writing my mom" (huh?) -naked butt shot-

"oh, tell her I said hi. Did I mention u look really hot rite now?" - naked butt shot- "yeah, im pregnant though" -naked butt shot-.

Bear scene- meh. They took all of Jamie's cool lines away

All Jon & Ygritte scenes. God, they're getting annoying. psssst- hey, TV viewer. Jon isn't REALLY betraying the night's watch. Thats why he says YOU and not US, get it? Oh and Ygritte likes to make fun of Jon and their cultures are really different so their relationship is doomed. get it?

Dany scene. The wise master looks sort of like how xaro should have looked last season. She has a few less titles, which IMO is a good thing. Nice dragon CGI, but they should quit hogging the budget. I'm still mad about the lack of zombie polar bears at the battle of the fist of first men. and about the lack of a battle at the fist of first men.

Bran scene. yawn. and why are they going to castle black. And on a side note, why does Robb still know they're alive. Where does Rickon keep running off to, and why doesn't anybody care?

What on bloody Earth are you all people talking about? Rickon was with Bran&friends both in episode 6 and 7! He even spoke in episode 6! This is like people saying that Greywind has never been shown this season, or that it looks like noone is in Riverrun except Robb and relatives, when THE WHOLE NORTHEN ARMY was marching toward Riverrun in episode 2!

What on bloody Earth are you all people talking about? Rickon was with Bran&friends both in episode 6 and 7! He even spoke in episode 6! This is like people saying that Greywind has never been shown this season, or that it looks like noone is in Riverrun except Robb and relatives, when THE WHOLE NORTHEN ARMY was marching toward Riverrun in episode 2!

He literally does keep running off. I wasn't using that as a figure of speech to mean that he hasn't been present. A few episodes ago he took off running away with shaggydog, they all watched him run away, and were like "meh" and nobody batted an eyelash. then he came back, then he was gone again. He's six, and he's important, you would think they'd keep a better eye on him.

He literally does keep running off. I wasn't using that as a figure of speech to mean that he hasn't been present. A few episodes ago he took off running away with shaggydog, they all watched him run away, and were like "meh" and nobody batted an eyelash. then he came back, then he was gone again. He's six, and he's important, you would think they'd keep a better eye on him.

Fine; sorry for jumping at your throat, but sometimes people here rant about the absence of things that actually were on the show. Anyway, I believe Osha said "Rickon! Stay with us!" and Bran told her "Don't worry, Summer will keep an eye on him". I don't recall him running off a second time, though.

We saw some people marchin in E2 that's true. Can you name a northern bannerman with them, now that Karstark is beheaded? I guessed no...

No offense, but why are you even in this thread? You seem to be complaining about everyone. It's kind of a place for people to vent, rational or not.

Mate, I only point out when nitpicking is completely irrational, like when people say "Greywind has never been shown this season". You call that venting? If I came here and said "D&D are completely mad, they killed off Dany in episode 2x03", wouldn't you tell me "what the hell are you talking about"? I'm perfectly ok with nitpicking, it helps me analyse the show.

Yeah, but, um, what happened to them since then? Since then, all we have seen is Robb, Talisa, Cat, Thug Blackfish, Edmure, a couple of guards and Karstark. No Northern bannermen, no war councils, nada. Just these same people sitting in a room talking to each other. Oh wait, Cat doesn't really talk anymore, she lurks, I guess she's practicing for when she becomes a zombie.

Why can't we get a shot of them camped at RR, or a sense that Robb Stark is there with an ARMY. For all you can tell from the last several episodes they might as well be holed up at a Bed and Breakfast.

And where exactly is Grey Wind and why is he no longer by Robb's side? Book Robb kept him away once he married his dumb bride and the wolf could tell they were all traitors, but we have had no similar scene/reason or any explanation for why the wolf is nowhere to be found.

We saw some people marchin in E2 that's true. Can you name a northern bannerman with them, now that Karstark is beheaded? I guessed no...

We're shown two Bolton bannermen marching with their banners in their hands, in E2. But yes, I agree, noone has been specifically mentioned. We only know the whole army has moved to RR, so, whoever is in the army, is there.

We're shown two Bolton bannermen marching with their banners in their hands, in E2. But yes, I agree, noone has been specifically mentioned. We only know the whole army has moved to RR, so, whoever is in the army, is there.

Oh come on no one is arguing they are literally the only people in Riverrun... Of course Robb marches with his army, servants etc. The problem is right now there exactly 0 northern lords with him. Every Robb scene now is either sex scene with Talisa or a war council that strangely looks like a family meeting.

Archived