[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick without repercussion?

I just LOVED the reference to the Rains of Castamere at the ending, ohmygoshhh that was great.

Still don't like what's happening to Sansa. And did GRRM just reveal that Margaery obviously ain't a virgin? And where do they think they're going with Talisa and stuff? The Northern Conspiracy-theory was so.. Nice. :frown5:

I wouldn't search for any relations to the books anymore, the changes are alread to big

She will testify against him, just like in the books.

Yes except in the books it was made very clear from the start that she never loved Tyrion, she was obviously just in for the money and Tyrion was just in complete denial. So if you look at it objectively, she technically never betrayed him.

In the show, it's a lot more ambiguous. There's obviously love between them. They're gonna give her a reason to get really jealous, she is going to go all hell hath no fury on Tyrion, she's going to testify against him. People are going to freak out because the WHORE betrayed Mini-Ned and Tyrion will come off as poor victim of a scorned woman cliché. So when he kills him, it will be a crime of passion and people will feel sorry for Tyrion and cheer for her death. I'm calling it now.

I don't feel at all disgusted by Tyrion's urges. Martin makes a big deal of how beautiful Sansa is, and how well developed she's become for her age. it's not like he's a paedophile or anything. He's about the only character that does have a problem with her age, His family clearly don't see the age gap as an issue, the men of the court were cheering when it was time for her bedding, and the Tyrells were planning to marry her to a guy in his 30s.

His 30's? Willas is not in his 30's. Garlan is about 23, there isn't such a huge gap between them. I think Willas and Tyrion are similar in their age, since Tyrion is about 25-26, right?

I wouldn't search for any relations to the books anymore, the changes are alread to big

Yes, but.. THE NORTHERN CONSPIRACY! That was just so.. Great. Like, awesomely great. It could still change of course.. Or maybe it means Jeyne Westerling is pregnant in the books. But, as you said, I shouldn't bring up the books here. Too bad.

His 30's? Willas is not in his 30's. Garlan is about 23, there isn't such a huge gap between them. I think Willas and Tyrion are similar in their age, since Tyrion is about 25-26, right?

Willas and Tyrion are roughly the same age in the books, Tyrion is 25 in ADwD so late 24 in ASoS, Willas is also 24 there is only a few month between them if anything

Yes except in the books it was made very clear from the start that she never loved Tyrion, she was obviously just in for the money and Tyrion was just in complete denial. So if you look at it objectively, she technically never betrayed him.

In the show, it's a lot more ambiguous. There's obviously love between them. They're gonna give her a reason to get really jealous, she is going to go all hell hath no fury on Tyrion, she's going to testify against him. People are going to freak out because the WHORE betrayed Mini-Ned and Tyrion will come off as poor victim of a scorned woman cliché. So when he kills him, it will be a crime of passion and people will feel sorry for Tyrion and cheer for her death. I'm calling it now.

Hooker with the heart of gold goes bad? Ingenious. I'm now on board with they won't have him kill her at all, they'll have his father do it instead, thus preserving hero Tyrion Dinklage for the entirity of the series.

I'm pretty sure they will keep Tyrion killing both Tywin and Shae. There's no way they aren't aware that they've made him way too nice. His conversation with Bronn was not how I pictured it at all...it was too innocent for some reason. Maybe it was the acting, or maybe it was his comment about "evil notions," but you're supposed to be disgusted that he wants to have sex with her. Yes, he stops himself, but he still wants to. They played it as some kind of bashful, aw shucks moment and I didn't care for it. So I hope he kills both of them because it will be a shock to people who think he's a mini Ned Stark, minus the blind adherence to niceties.

Don't be so sure, here is what I think will be concerning Shae:

I think Tyrion will kill Shae but only after they turned her into a villian. Most likely the one who delivered Sansa to LF (they pretty clear showed what he is by now), after she made sure Sansa wore the poison for Joffrey so Tyrion could be blamed.

I doubt they cut the murder of Shae out but it will still be a big change. D&D not simply cutting out the impacts of the characters from the books they simply twist them until they fit in their vision of how the characters should be for their show.

Tyrion will look like the hero who kills the monster, Shae, in righteous wrath. Because she sold his wife, he just long to protect, to the evil show villian No 1 after Joffrey is dead. Prepare yourself, it will be whitewashing on a whole new level

Hooker with the heart of gold goes bad? Ingenious. I'm now on board with they won't have him kill her at all, they'll have his father do it instead, thus preserving hero Tyrion Dinklage for the entirity of the series.

To be honest, I don't know which would be worse:

1.Tywin killing her

or

2.turning her into a complete villain and Tyrion killing her in a heroic gesture.

Yeah you're right. I always age up Loras's brothers in my head for some reason. I do the same thing with Stannis even though I know he's younger than Robert In my head he's in his 40s.

Point still stands though. The Tyrells were perfectly happy to see Sansa wed to Willas, and they'd have been just as eager as Tywin to see her bedded.

Wait, I completely forgot about one of my main nitpickings or faults or whatever .. What the heck is up with all the Theon scenes? Come onnnn, we have seen enough torture and needlessly naked girls already. He wasn't even supposed to show up until a later season. I understand why they have to show him now and then, but this is just too much.

1.Tywin killing her

or

2.turning her into a complete villain and Tyrion killing her in a heroic gesture.

I was going to answer one of them, but now that I think of it .. I seriously wouldn't know either.

Excellent post. :) I agree with pretty much all of it, especially your comments on war. There's just... no atmosphere in Westeros, for some reason. Would it have been hard to spend an extra ten minutes this season showing the effects of war?

There's a similar problem beyond the Wall. The Night's Watch scenes were just... dull. But I guess Iceland is to blame for this, because the mutiny at Craster's had a far more sinister atmosphere, with the darkness and the heavy snow (although the writing was still underwhelming).

Dany's scenes are genuinely the only ones with any consistent quality (and atmosphere) this season, which is actually quite strange; the scene in the last episode was literally based on about 2 or 3 pages of material in the book.

zero sense of urgency north of the wall. Tine for sam to singcampfire songs

1.Tywin killing her

or

I don't think they can turn her into a villan, that would be crazy over the top melodrama, she has a been the hooker with a heart of gold since she came on the show, she loves Tyrion, she loves Sansa, doesn't care about money, it would not be believable to turn her into a villan worth killing, she's been begging the guy to leave for Essos for two seasons now. And so he refuses, marries a hotter, younger, upper class chick, and Shae is the one who will be the bad villan when she flips out over this betrayal?

She still sold him out by lying about him plotting to kill Joffrey. Whether she loved him or not, and whatever level their relationship was on, I'd still call that a betrayal. Just as if Tyrion had framed Bronn for some awful crime

I don't think they can turn her into a villan, that would be crazy over the top melodrama, she has a been the hooker with a heart of gold since she came on the show, she loves Tyrion, she loves Sansa, doesn't care about money, it would not be believable to turn her into a villan worth killing, she's been begging the guy to leave for Essos for two seasons now. And so he refuses, marries a hotter, younger, upper class chick, and Shae is the one who will be the bad villan when she flips out over this betrayal?

Of course they can. Jealous Shae must simply make sure that Sansa goes with LF at the next possibility, together with the great villian he his portrayed as we have a reason for good Tyrion to kill her. She would have sent his wife, he protects, as the hero, to hell. If she also is responsible for the hairnet they have a jackpot

uh yeah. You don't get to frame someone for murder just because they left you for a younger woman, and it's pretty clear that that's not what's going on with Tyrion and Sansa anyway.

She still sold him out by lying about him plotting to kill Joffrey. Whether she loved him or not, and whatever level their relationship was on, I'd still call that a betrayal. Just as if Tyrion had framed Bronn for some awful crime

But she's a whore, she goes wherever the money is (is that where whores go?), she made that very clear. Also, she was just saving her own skin. Didn't turn out as she planned, but knowing what she knew at the time and given the circumstances she was in, testifying against Tyrion was the smart thing to do.

It's funny you'd bring up Bronn, cause Bronn basically betrayed Tyrion too but no one gives him flak.

uh yeah. You don't get to frame someone for murder just because they left you for a younger woman, and it's pretty clear that that's not what's going on with Tyrion and Sansa anyway.

But you get to strangle them with a chain for false testimony? Oh well, I wasn't sympathetic to him when he killed Shae in the books who was a character without any redeeming qualities at all, so I will certainly not be sympathetic when he kills this nice TV Shae person, if he does, which I doubt.

Point still stands though. The Tyrells were perfectly happy to see Sansa wed to Willas, and they'd have been just as eager as Tywin to see her bedded.

However Willas was a marriage she was offered and agreed to. The Tyrells had no reason to kill her or harm her and their non involvement in the RW meant a son of Sansa and Willas could rule the north, where a grandson of Tywin Lannister's couldn't. The Lannisters forced a Jailor upon her, whereas the Tyrells offered her a marriage. In one instance there is acgency and consent, in the other there is force and rape. The Lannisters planned to kill her at worst and keep her a permenant prisoner at best.

The Tyrells are also an awful choice, but at least they gave her a choice.

Archived