Ross Mullen (White Walker) at Ottawa Comic Con (possible show spoilers)

Blaer Dayle

This thread is specifically targeting those who wondered whether Sam the Slayer would appear at all, now that Sam and Gilly are no longer with the Night's Watch. I attended Ottawa Comic-Con today and got a hint from Ross Mullen himself, who plays the White Walker.

Ross said that he worked on 1 episode this season, and only worked with John Bradley, Hannah Murray, and the baby. We also went on to say that the episode would air tonight or next week, based on the director he worked with, although he wasn't sure which episode it would be.

Finally when asked whether he would return in later seasons he said that he has been contacted by the producers, and made a comment that really struck me as confirming his White Walker dies. He said that the white walker is so heavy on prosthetics (which he actually told us were all prosthetic, only color correction and the mist from his body were CGI) that he could return as pretty much any character and nobody would be the wiser.

He also discussed the quality of production behind the show as being equal to any movie he's been in, and said that Ian White, whom he is good friends with has been contacted to film further work as the giant for Season 4, and that he would also play a giant if asked.

He mentioned that he is reading the books and just got to the part where Catelyn gets to King's Landing, and that he is very intrigued about Littlefinger, and the philosophy behind the Starks and the North, being the last believers of the old ways, as well as being pleased about the importance of the White Walkers.

Someone mentioned that he would make a good Bloodraven, as he has a good face for the character and is not adverse to heavy prosthetics, which he showed great enthusiasm for without even knowing much about the character (he promised to read Dunk and Egg as well)

So discuss whether you think this confirms the presence of "Sam the Slayer" for the show, and anything else Ross said.

I just did a google search and John Bradley himself basically says it'll happen, and goes on to say 'it'll be worth the wait'. This is news from a couple weeks back. So its a done deal, and I'm going to hazard a guess that it'll be tonight. Just a guess tho.

Edit: here's that article I was referring to

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/39862/game-of-thrones-season-3-john-bradley-on-sam-the-slayer/

Archived