[Book Spoilers] Jaime/Brienne

The petty fangirl shipper in me really really really wants Cersei to eventually learn that Jaime did indeed abandon her "for such a creature."

"Put this in the fire", LMAO!

Possible set up for the 'younger and more beautiful'?

Ah, the famous post of proof. You're a Legend.

• 7 months later...

- there was definitely some CGI involved in the bear scene. a little bit.

- I am angry that Jaime never called her wench.

- I hate that they left out Hoat's lisp. It made him one of the best villains in the series. Contrasting his horrible actions with a comical flaw.

- no "YOU THLEW MY BEAR!!!"

- no "I dreamed of you" or "I only save maidens" (but I hold out on the hope that they will have that next episode with them

- I am very angry that they spend like, 10 minutes on Theon getting some last action before losing his member, and 10 more minutes on Robb getting some last action before.....you know...and then there's like, 8 minutes left in the show, and Jaime is just heading back to Harrenhal. and I'm like "wtf, how are they gonna do the bear thing in this short of a time!!"

- like most of the problems with this series, they rushed the scene. They could have shortened Theon's torture scene this episode by half, and give that time to Bart the Bear.

I get chills just imagining what /that/ scene is gonna be like when those certain musicians start playing that song.....

You just took the words from my mouth. Or my brain, rather. The moment the episode was done, I grabbed my paperback copy,snapped a picture of it and sent a caps lock message to HBO because I was so furious they had left THAT line out. It is, for me, one of the best damned lines in the entire book series. I was so upset that they changed that. https://twitter.com/MidnightsFury/status/333769043343446016/photo/1

I know it may be futile, but I hope we see it this season. After all, they walked out BUT we have not seen them afterwards. They could fix this. HBO could redeem themselves, lol. I know we'll just have to wait and see, but I do so hope. It seems the sort of clever machinations those two would employ to rile us up. :)

Not true. They could just show a shot of him waking up looking determined/startled then cut to him riding to Harranhal. Easy enough to put together. But I don't think it was necessary, same goes for "wench" and the Vargo Hoat silliness.

I don't know, I kind of missed the "wench", and the "you thlew my bear !" (though "the fuck you doin' to mah bear" was pretty great, loved the delivery :laugh: )

Regarding the dream, as much as I loved it on the books and think it's important, it might not have translated well on screen - doesn't mean the "I dreamed of you" is necessarily out of question (but that's just wishful thinking).

Anyway I don't mind (and even appreciate) how it went on the show, as Jaime's decision to come back for her is made completely conscious.

Archived