[Book Spoilers] Chekov's Chain

I was so, so excited when they showed that chain. They have to use it to kill Shae. They zoomed in on it and everything and it just has to be important. I want him to kill Shae. Not because I want her dead or dislike her, but because it's very defining for Tyrion's future storyline.

Since the hand of the King badge seems to be a pin instead of a necklace, this golden chain will likely be what Tyrion uses to strangle her.

The hands badge of office is also a pin in the books,( Ned wears it) it is silver instead of bronze. I don't think that they had ever intended to leave out Tyrion and Shae's scene.

After every snit fit she has I keep waiting for Tyrion to finally slap her in the mouth (hey, it's fiction, I'm not a misogynist :)) and say "Yo, babe. Remember, you were nothing but a ho-ho when we first met and considering everything I've done for you perhaps you could, y'know, maybe stop bitching and shut the ---- up?"

I imagine he's saving all the animosity up knowing he's going to strangle her one day.

I am really wondering how they are going to handle Shae's betrayal or if it will really even happen in the show. Maybe she will be forced against her will or something. The book version of Shae is so terrible most of us were wishing Tyrion to cut her loose during Clash. If they go the same route with Shae turning on Tyrion then maybe making her a somewhat sympathetic character was a big mistake.

I'm very tied King's Landing in general on this show, I don't have much hope for the Red Viper vs Lurch, so I am ready for Tyrion just to leave, but I worry they'll expand Tyrion's adventures with the Cheesemonger given the choices they made this season.

I'm very tied King's Landing in general on this show, I don't have much hope for the Red Viper vs Lurch, so I am ready for Tyrion just to leave, but I worry they'll expand Tyrion's adventures with the Cheesemonger given the choices they made this season.

Oh if they continue the white washing he won't do things like threatening whores. He'll probably be super nice instead.

but chekov's guns are used as red herring too...maybe D&D are in ramsay mode and trying to fuck with or minds

It's only a red herring if there is a way we can suspect it'll be used for what it's going to be used.

At this point, no one has any idea Tyrion is going to strangle Shae, so it can't really be a red herring.

It could be a red-herring for book readers, but that'd a be a little dumb.

It wouldn't surprise if, as someone already suggested, Tywin is Shae's murderer, and that's why Tyrion commits patricide. From the way they've sanitized Dinklage's character thus far, who couldn't see this one coming?

Saying that, I thought Ros would end up on the Iron Throne and they quite literally put that theory to bed.

It's a good thing I'm not in Russia then

Haha I know this is really pedantic, but Chekhov is the writer whose name means roughly 'Czech'.

Chekov is the guy from Star Trek! His name translates as 'Cheque/Check'. Potentially a big difference!

It wouldn't surprise if, as someone already suggested, Tywin is Shae's murderer, and that's why Tyrion commits patricide. From the way they've sanitized Dinklage's character thus far, who couldn't see this one coming?

stop. If that happens, I quit. It would completely ruin one of the THE main characters of the series.

oh they can. Everyone loves Tyrion!! He would totally like, never do something bad like that!!!!

As horrible as some of this actions are, I NEED HIM TO START ACTING LIKE THE CRUEL, NASTY BITTER MAN THAT HE OFTEN IS.

YES, he does some ''nice'' things but Tyrion is NOT a nice or GOOD man. I need them to stop this white washing because I'm afraid I'll be disgusted with the show if they white wash him any further and he doesn't end up killing shae, and tywin kills shae and tyrion is the doomed hero who kills his father in revenge for his lost love.

They also won't have the scene where he rapes a sex slave in the novels, they didn't have bard soup did they? they didnt have antler men they didnt have the forced marriage of sansa on the wedding day, in stead NICE TYRION TELLS HER

NICE TYRION OBJECTS AND SAYS ITS NOT FAIR ON POOR SANSA

oh my god, what theyve done to this character PISSES. ME. OFF.

oh....god....no....

Archived