Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Spoilers within)

Rhom

The mystery hero in the trailer seems to utilize cybernetics. Deathlok?

I'm maybe getting his arm mixed up with Coulson's in the trailer? There is a quick glimpse of an arm with some yellow tech in it but i focused more on that than the colour of the arm. Deathlock would be cool but i thought his whole deal was being dead? Could be an origin - marvel likes them :)

EDIT: Apparently in an interview someone almost said the character's name and started mouthing "m". Michael Collins was a Deathlok and apparently his company Roxxon Corp was mentioned in Iron Man 3. That's a lot of things lining up. And it was his arm apparently.

Executive Producer Jeffrey Bell Talks Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Reveals Luke Cage is Not the Mystery Character

Easily the most high profile new show coming to network TV this fall will be Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Joss Whedon is the co-creator and one of the executive producers on the series (and directed the pilot), along with Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen and Jeffrey Bell. Bell previously worked with Whedon on Angel, where Bell served as showrunner for the final two seasons.

At ABC's Upfront party last night, I spoke to Bell about Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. We talked about what the show will be week to week, the return of Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) and all the rumors concerning the mysterious character played by J. August Richards in the pilot. There's been a lot of speculation Richards is playing Marvel's Luke Cage, but it seems that is not the case after all. So let the speculation... continue!

I'm sure he'll pop up from time to time.

Or.

Joss being Joss,

"LOOK! FOR I AM THE BIG BAD VILLAIN! NONE SHALL DEFEAT-" *awesomely funny line, villain dies in the middle of epic speech before getting to the good part*

"Well... that was easy."

It's on Tuesdays at 8, against NCIS. I have to question whether or not that's a good idea in terms of getting viewers.

Viewers who aren't in their 60s? Seriously though, it is a concern, though I don't know anyone who actually watches NCIS except my mother. Really. Who watches that show that it's that popular and has its second spin off coming?

And does Shield HAVE to beat NCIS or simply beat everyone else and maybe chip away at NCIS's numbers...?

Viewers who aren't in their 60s? Seriously though, it is a concern, though I don't know anyone who actually watches NCIS except my mother. Really. Who watches that show that it's that popular and has its second spin off coming?

And does Shield HAVE to beat NCIS or simply beat everyone else and maybe chip away at NCIS's numbers...?

This.

I have yet to meet a single person who ever talks about watching NCIS. I don't even see people talking about it on Facebook as much as Grays Anatomy! Color me confused.

It's on Tuesdays at 8, against NCIS. I have to question whether or not that's a good idea in terms of getting viewers.

They don't need to beat NCIS. They just need to have great figures for that all important 18-49 range and I have a feeling that the show will do well up to the 40 age range (and likely above). Plus this show is going to be popular for selling overseas. The Marvel films have made billions worldwide so people around the world are also going to be curious about a TV show set in the same world. I have a feeling fans of NCIS (never seen the show) who are Marvel studio fans are lilkely to record NCIS and watch SHIELD live. I've no idea if NCIS is something american's talk about around the watercooler but SHIELD has a chance of being one of those shows.

I just hope they hit the ground running. By the time "dollhouse" hit its stride it had already lost too many viewers. Then again "dollhouse" had an unsavoury premise.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I watch NCIS. It's one of my favorite shows. It's also still the highest watched show on television. I wonder thought if the episodic nature of the show plus how long it's been on the air may be why there's not much online discussion. Hard to say.

They don't need to beat NCIS. They just need to have great figures for that all important 18-49 range and I have a feeling that the show will do well up to the 40 age range (and likely above). Plus this show is going to be popular for selling overseas. The Marvel films have made billions worldwide so people around the world are also going to be curious about a TV show set in the same world. I have a feeling fans of NCIS (never seen the show) who are Marvel studio fans are likely to record NCIS and watch SHIELD live. I've no idea if NCIS is something american's talk about around the watercooler but SHIELD has a chance of being one of those shows.

I just hope they hit the ground running. By the time "dollhouse" hit its stride it had already lost too many viewers. Then again "dollhouse" had an unsavoury premise.

Actually, I'll be watching NCIS and recording SHIELD. For one thing, SHIELD is a brand new show and thus untested. Second, while I'm a fan of the movies, I was never a fan of the comics so it's not such a big deal to me that I have to watch yet another version of it live. I will be watching it though because it does look good.

Well, I watch NCIS. It's one of my favorite shows. It's also still the highest watched show on television. I wonder thought if the episodic nature of the show plus how long it's been on the air may be why there's not much online discussion. Hard to say.

I watch it a decent amount, but I think there is an age gap in terms of average viewers. Or maybe the viewers just don't spend a lot of time on forums?

I also think you're right about the episodic nature. It's also a very straight forward show so there often isn't much to discuss. I can't think of too many major issues to argue about or analyze. Shepherd's dad is the only thing I've got off the top of my head.

I used to watch NCIS everyday on USA. Ah, those were the days. It's actually a pretty good show if you get past the stand alone-ness of it. Definitely better than CSI and Law and Order in my opinion.

Haven't watched it in forever though.

• 1 month later...

Just saw this on my Facebook feed.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

It's official. Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. premieres Tuesday, September 24 at 8|7c on ABC. Are you ready?

Sadly, I'll be having to record this. 8 o'clock is right in the bathtime/bedtime window for my 3 year old. However, its not so bad when you record it and then watch it right away at nine, I do that with HIMYM and BBT sometimes.

Sadly, I'll be having to record this. 8 o'clock is right in the bathtime/bedtime window for my 3 year old. However, its not so bad when you record it and then watch it right away at nine, I do that with HIMYM and BBT sometimes.

lol

Yeah, I have this same problem. I have to watch Arrow the day after it airs on cwtv,com because of my kids' bedtime.

I quite enjoy NCIS, but have never watched it in primetime nor even seeked it out. Just sometimes I'm bored and turn on USA. BOOM instant NCIS. Also, I was a Sailor so I'm automatically a little bit interested.

But it's been on forever. And like many of you I don't know anyone my age or younger (38 or <) that watch it other than on an occasional basis. Pretty sure most people in that age range would prefer The Avengers.

Archived