[TV SPOILERS] Jon, Ygritte & Orel Love Triangle

most of the nudity and sex scenes are pointless and such a cheap trick, pod n 3 whores in a brothel. I just keep thinking that could have been 3 minutes with cat n robb or Jon or ANYONE important to the story.

Likewise, that scene took the cake for their 'whore in every third scene' system, and was quite disgusting with the woman doing her somersault thing. And I thought it was a bit creepy that the character who is an underfed child loyal to Brienne gets sent to a brothel by his male mentors in the TV show. I also don't see why Bronn is cast as a big client of whores, he seems like he'd be more inclined just to pick up a tavern girl or get a kept woman like Shae.

Again, you're wrong. You can write essays proving your point, but you also need to back it up with facts that are not only your interpretation.

I did. The Oxford English Dictionary is a fact, not my interpretation. So if I'm wrong, so is the Oxford English Dictionary.

To have a love triangle one of the three people has to be involved with TWO of the three. That is not true in this case.

Orell likes ONE person: Ygritte

Jon likes ONE person: Ygritte

Ygritte likes ONE person: Jon

Just because two guys like Ygritte, doesn't make it a love triangle. What if 10 guys liked Ygritte? Is that a 10-way love triangle? Or 100? Or a million?

If Ygritte liked both Jon & Orell, it would be a love triangle, but she doesn't.

I don't consider it a love triangle. Orell is jealous of Jon Snow and tried to undermine his standing with Ygritte. She shut him down, end of story.

The way I see it, one or all the people involved must be torn for it to be a love triangle and each character seems clear on who they are in love with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I didn't really see this has a love triangle, Jon and Ygritte are in love and Orel is jealous and Ygritte does not return his feelings. I also found it a little pointless, we already knew Orel didn't trust Jon because he is still a crow, but after episode 6 we also knew Ygritte knows this herself. Also has there was only a couple of scenes about this it didn't seem to develop or go anywhere, which to be honest I am quite glad about, I'm a big fan of Jon and Ygritte and there season 3 scenes were awesome!

• 1 month later...

The reason for Orell's expanded role seems to be an "alternative option" for Ygritte, so that the viewers will connect to her better.

But what offends me is how damn fast the relationship of Jon and Ygritte developed. So Jon's being his usual sullen and honorable self, they go the a cave, Ygritte undresses, and bam, they're lovers. No building attraction, inner conflict or guilt whatsoever. And I thought that was a really interesting part in the books...

The reason for Orell's expanded role seems to be an "alternative option" for Ygritte, so that the viewers will connect to her better.

But what offends me is how damn fast the relationship of Jon and Ygritte developed. So Jon's being his usual sullen and honorable self, they go the a cave, Ygritte undresses, and bam, they're lovers. No building attraction, inner conflict or guilt whatsoever. And I thought that was a really interesting part in the books...

Yeah, but their relationship had already been building up since they met in season 2. The cave scene was just the breaking point.

Archived