Talisa's letter (possible spoilers)

So I used to think that the Talisa spy theory was just crackpot but after this weeks episode something about her writing a letter to her 'mother' in a language Robb did nit understand gave me the creeps. Also the fact that she wrote a similar letter the first time we meet her in season 2 just makes me wonder. I hope they don't do it as it would make the RW more about how Talisa is a backstabbing b**** than Robbs mistakes. What are your thoughts

So I used to think that the Talisa spy theory was just crackpot but after this weeks episode something about her writing a letter to her 'mother' in a language Robb did nit understand gave me the creeps. Also the fact that she wrote a similar letter the first time we meet her in season 2 just makes me wonder. I hope they don't do it as it would make the RW more about how Talisa is a backstabbing b**** than Robbs mistakes. What are your thoughts

I hope she's not enemy

because Jeyne Westerling (Robb's wife in the books) is not evil

I am still of the opinion that this is red herring material thrown in to confuse the audience.

I don't see why they would make Robb into such a total chump.

would it actually surprise you to see them ruin a character or make them in to a total chump? Stannis did dry-hump Mel on the beach. And don't get me started on showfish.

I thought this was total crackpot too until last night. who writes a letter to their freakin MOM rite after sex. that scene was either just badly written, or shes a spy. both of which are strong possibilities.

would it actually surprise you to see them ruin a character or make them in to a total chump? Stannis did dry-hump Mel on the beach. And don't get me started on showfish.

LOL, but what would be the purpose of making her a spy in the show unless they're going to keep her around and the people who said Ramsey will marry her are right. OMG I might actually have to consider not watching if they do that. Otherwise, who cares, because the RW coming up..would Robb find out that she was a spy? Is Cat going to kill her instead of jingle bell? It would be SO STUPID on so many levels.

I don't think she's a spy. I think she's going to die at the RW, which makes it that much more tragic. Which shouldn't be necessary, but since Cat has been marginalized and Robb has been so offputting, they are looking for someone else to garner sympathy.

Also, while Jeyne's mom was in on it with Tywin, I don't think Jeyne herself was a spy.

I too would be very disappointed if it turned out that Talisa was a spy and co-conspirator for the Red Wedding. As mentioned by many previously, it really reduces the villainy of Roose, Tywin, and Walder. The audience could very well blame her for the massacre itself, which in my opinion is unacceptable. It's just the kind of thing the stupid show runners would pull off though. "Improving" the Red Wedding and the drama behind it in their own deluded minds. If it happens (that is, they botch what is perhaps the most iconic moment in the series) I may drop the show altogether.

I won't panic yet though. With any luck Roose will slit her throat before he makes his move for Robb.

I don't think she's a spy. I think she's going to die at the RW, which makes it that much more tragic. Which shouldn't be necessary, but since Cat has been marginalized and Robb has been so offputting, they are looking for someone else to garner sympathy.

Also, while Jeyne's mom was in on it with Tywin, I don't think Jeyne herself was a spy.

That's correct. Although it always made me wonder what a slut Jenye must have been for her own mom to know all she had to do was put her in a bed chamber with Robb and the rest would take care of itself. Maybe she should compare notes with Margaery?

I really hope she isn't a spy.

This episode made me believe a bit that she might be. However if she is a spy whats the point of telling Robb that she's pregnant? Also previously she counselled him against going to the Twinns and against killing Lord Karstark. Things that we as book readers know are in Robb's best interests. These are not the actions of a spy. Therefore I'm not convinced, and I'm really just hoping they don't ruin hers and Robb's characters by making her a spy.

Tywin's letters have all been in English. Talisa's, apparently, are not.

I've said this a few times now, it really doesn't make sense for the letters Tywin are reading to be in English, while the ones Talisa are writing are in Valyrian. It would require a "middle man" to translate between the two, which would honestly just be a stupid idea if you are trying to keep a spy hidden. I think he's reading letters from Freys and Boltons, and Talisa's letters are just to troll people who are invested in that theory. Such a literal dismissal of a popular theory seems like trolling from GRRM to me.

Well, it was Mother's Day.

rofl

Archived