Warg abominations! (Gasp!)

JackinAcar

The wildlings have three rules about warging: You don't eat people. You don't warg people. And you don't do the nasty with animals while warging. Is it my mistake, or have our favorite wargs broken two of these three rules already? It seems like they have done this repeatedly. Are there penalties for breaking the wildling code of warging? (I thought there were no laws north of the wall....)

Well, the only people that seem to know anything in detail about warging are the wargs themselves.

So for instance, Varamyr seemed to know a fair bit of detail about Jon's abilities, as a fellow warg.

Everyone else seems oblivious though, so I can't see how anyone other than other wargs would be able to know.

Unless someone see's Ghost humping the shit out of something and also knows about Jon's warging.

I presume you are speaking about Jon and Bran ...while I am doubtful Jon fully knows he is a Warg let alone the rules . And knows about Skinchanging only from what Jojen told him so obviously he doesnt know the rules but he knows and feels guilty about possessing Hodor .

These are just self imposed rules by the teacher of Varimyr so hence no penalty as such for violating it ...just a general moral code of conduct for Skinchangers

Arya too.

from The Blind Girl in ADwD:

She opened her eyes and stared up blind at the black that shrouded her, her dream already fading. So beautiful. She licked her lips, remembering. The bleating of the sheep, the terror in the shepherd’s eyes, the sound the dogs had made as she killed them one by one, the snarling of her pack. Game had become scarcer since the snows began to fall, but last night they had feasted. Lamb and dog and mutton and the flesh of man. Some of her little grey cousins were afraid of men, even dead men, but not her. Meat was meat, and men were prey. She was the night wolf. But only when she dreamed.

She feels no guilt. She relishes the kill.

No mistake, Bran and Arya are abominations by the warg code, both having eaten human flesh in wolf form. Bran has also warged Hodor, the second abominable act. I just hope we're not subjected to the third in Bran's POV. It was bad enough in Varamyr Six-skins prologue POV.

Well, they were just the teachings of Haggon and not the divine rulebook officially sanctioned by gods, cosmic spirits of nature and the internal revenue service.

Nevertheless, these rules probably constitute very good advice how to deal with regularly slipping into the skin of an animal and still retain one's humanity.

Im not sure those are actual rules or even that all wargs feel the same. I think thats just how Haggon felt and told Varamyr.

They are good rules....

Don't become a Cannibal.

Don't practice Bestiality. and

Don't become a body snatcher.

My idea is that the three are to help keep wargs from loosing themselves to their animals, to keep themselves human.

They could have originated from experience. It could have been observed that wargs that posses people, eats human flesh and fornicates in their animal skin er more likely to lose humanity.

The wildlings have three rules about warging: You don't eat people. You don't warg people. And you don't do the nasty with animals while warging. Is it my mistake, or have our favorite wargs broken two of these three rules already? It seems like they have done this repeatedly. Are there penalties for breaking the wildling code of warging? (I thought there were no laws north of the wall....)

They're not laws. They're moral rules, pretty much the bare minimum of ethics a warg should observe.

If people find out there's some warg breaking these rules it can reflect badly on all wargs, who are already not the most popular people around. I imagine if it gets out that there's a warg hunting and eating people, every warg's ass will be on the line, so that's another reason to have these rules. And if you believe the old gods, they probably don't look too kindly on that shit either.

I don't even think anyone needs to tell wargs not to do this shit (though it is clearly articulated to wargs beyond the wall). I mean, Bran is very aware that Hodor hates it when he is warged, that is afraid and feels pain. Bran just doesn't care. And Arya knows it's wrong to eat people.

I'm not sure that Arya is in control enough to be held responsible for what happens when she's dreaming Nymeria, I always got the impression that she was just along for the ride so to speak

Arya too.

from The Blind Girl in ADwD:

She feels no guilt. She relishes the kill.

LOL. Euron said something similar once.

"One presumed to threaten me, so I killed him and fed him to the other three. They refused to eat of their friend’s flesh at first, but when they grew hungry enough they had a change of heart. Men are meat.”

Either Jon or Bran are more likely to commit the second one if it's to happen. Summer did meet a female wolf and Ghost could find himself a wolf when he likes to go off by himself. Nymeria refuses to mate so I see Arya's POV as the least likely.

& yes it's more so Nymeria who likes to eat people. The wolf can influences the warg as well so Arya gets influenced by Nymeria during the connection and likes it.

They are good rules....

Don't become a Cannibal.

Don't practice Bestiality. and

Don't become a body snatcher.

Ok, they may be good rules but we arent told if every warg knows or follows them.

Well, the only people that seem to know anything in detail about warging are the wargs themselves.

So for instance, Varamyr seemed to know a fair bit of detail about Jon's abilities, as a fellow warg.

Everyone else seems oblivious though, so I can't see how anyone other than other wargs would be able to know.

Unless someone see's Ghost humping the shit out of something and also knows about Jon's warging.

Talking of Varamyr, why on earth would he want to be the bitch while the alpha male is pumping her?

Ok, they may be good rules but we arent told if every warg knows or follows them.

I think apart from the last one the other two are simple human rules aren't they,They don't just apply to wargs and skinchangers even 11 year olds should know the first two.

No mistake, Bran and Arya are abominations by the warg code, both having eaten human flesh in wolf form. Bran has also warged Hodor, the second abominable act. I just hope we're not subjected to the third in Bran's POV. It was bad enough in Varamyr Six-skins prologue POV.

I remember thinking the same and these laws especially waring into another human seem naturally wrong. You can feel the fear in the other human's mind and even without any training you know it is wrong. I have always wondered about the Starks. Ned seems more to me like the exception rather than the rule among them. He passed on his beliefs to his eldest sons, but the younger children were not with him long enough.

But our favourite wargs are no wildlings and nobody explained them the rules.

Archived