How I Met Your Mother - 4

Jaxom 1974

Because a 9th Season means we'll actually need another thread...

So we've seen, not "met" the Mother, and it is the Mother...what is she going to be like...? And are her ankles really that sexy? She was wearing boots that Lily would want to borrow...

Why did Barney and Robin still not get married? Lame. I thought she was cute, although the Ted character is super annoying, I didn't care. I just want to see Barney and Robin's dance number and then I'm good. If they do 24 episodes of the BarneyRobin Wedding Weekend I will :bang: .

We've not met the mother, that is clear. There's nothing to be gained from 'seeing' her, stop congratulating yourself, producers.

I really hope next season is more than the wedding weekend. I actually searched for the second part of the finale after having watched it. That may tell you all about how I felt about the episode. (It was okay, the jokes were funny again, giant plotholes like marshall's judgeship still exist, but it was okay).

Now, HIMYM does normally excell at having these very big romantic moments, from the blue horn to the 30 second date to now this ending montage coupled with the title of something new for everybody. But this time it was different. The moment was empty, because the punchline is missing. So, that girl's the mother. And...?

Well, I'm going to continue to watch the show, but it won't stop me from bitching about it :)

And...they ended up with a ninth season...

A lit of that stuff would have benefited from Ann ending, yes. But once the next session was announced, you can see that things were shifted.

While not perfect, this show has amazing internal consistency. I will give then the benefit of the doubt.

I've said before that I was pretty spotty in my watching up until the last couple of seasons, so somehow I missed

:rofl:

I've missed entirely too much.

Why did Barney and Robin still not get married? Lame. I thought she was cute, although the Ted character is super annoying, I didn't care. I just want to see Barney and Robin's dance number and then I'm good. If they do 24 episodes of the BarneyRobin Wedding Weekend I will :bang: .

It was confirmed in my last entertainment weekly that the final season will indeed be 24 episodes over the course of the 2 day wedding weekend. 3 of the episodes will be flash backs though.

I am intrigued by this and am looking for to it.

It was confirmed in my last entertainment weekly that the final season will indeed be 24 episodes over the course of the 2 day wedding weekend. 3 of the episodes will be flash backs though.

Isn't the whole series flashbacks to begin with ;).

Guess they'll save big on costumes and sets for the final season.

I guess it makes sense that since Ted remembers so much detail in the years leading up to meeting the mother, that he would remember every hour of the day when they actually met.

After giving up on watching this show week-to-week I watched the last ten episodes in an afternoon, and this news means I'll be watching the final season the same way. That sounds fucking terrible.

After giving up on watching this show week-to-week I watched the last ten episodes in an afternoon, and this news means I'll be watching the final season the same way. That sounds fucking terrible.

Wait... It all makes sense now... The news that Jack Bauer is coming back... HIMYM going "events happen in real time"... Next season will be the long awaited crossover event with 24!

What network is 24 on - same one? Maybe they're doing a cross-over special? Terrorists seize control of Barney's wedding, wacky hi-jinks and/or deaths ensue?

and ted winds up with a mother of all stockholme syndromes? (pun intended) :)

I would totally watch the 24 crossover. In a heartbeat. Wouldn't everyone?

Whatever happened to crossovers anyway? I swear that used to be a thing.

Of course it did! So much so that most of TV actually occurs in the mind of an autistic child.

NBC used to do it all the time with their shows. I'm embarassed to say that I even remember a Golden Girls/Empty Nest crossover with a hurricane.

Archived