How I Met Your Mother - 4

Jaxom 1974

Jack Bauer.

Barney Stinson.

Team up to take down the bad guys.

Legend-<waitforit>-ary

:)

To to be realistic, it'd be Robin who teams up with Jack. :ninja:

Barney could easily be the one he's trying to get - he's been laundering money for North Korea or something.

True, he did say Ted's pay for the design would be from a company in Pyongyang...might be on to something here!

• 2 months later...

Anyone else think "the Mother" will have died as Ted is telling the story?

Its crossed my mind. What if he's telling them the story from the hospital? What if they are waiting for her funeral?

That would seem like an awfully big downer to end the show with, but they have done grief very well on HIMYM in the past. :dunno:

CN,

The end of the "Time-Travelers" when Ted tells the Mother that he'd give anything formthe extra 45 days and that he will love her so much in this life and beyond. Plus the episode where Ted, Lily, and Marshall are eating "sandwiches" in the future and Ted blurts out, with a case of the giggles "Where's my wife?".

They do grief very well. That would be a truely bittersweet ending. But that's life and himym has never shyed away from that.

Uhhh, haven't the kids interacted with the mother off-screen? I'm 99% sure that they have, either through responding to a question/dinner call or looking over at her as she stands off to the side of Bob Saget's Ted - if not both.

Sorry, Scot, I have zero desire in trying to pinpoint those after 27 seasons of the show. I do think there was an interaction in one of the episodes when he talked about his house he had repaired, and they showed how the room Bob Saget Ted and the kids are sitting in evolved from it's decrepit state.

Sorry, Scot, I have zero desire in trying to pinpoint those after 27 seasons of the show. I do think there was an interaction in one of the episodes when he talked about his house he had repaired, and they showed how the room Bob Saget Ted and the kids are sitting in evolved from it's decrepit state.

Nope, no mother there. As far as I can recall, the kids have had no on-screen interaction with the mother.

The mother-dead angle could easily work. Whether or not they'd let it play out that is a different matter. Yeah, the show has dealt with grief pretty well and it would be certainly an interesting and novel way to end the show, but if that were the case, why has Ted spent ten years discussing his romantic and sexual escapades before he met the mother of his children as opposed to their meeting and courtship (the latter of which will not even be part of the show)?

If you do a search on the internet it appears quite a number of people wrote about the possibility of the mother being dead back in April. This seems to be the one most cited:

http://www.tv.com/news/investigating-how-i-met-your-mothers-latest-conspiracy-theories-is-the-mother-dead-is-ted-dead-are-we-all-reading-too-much-into-this-thing-136518957744/

The title of the episode that prompted the discussion - "The Time Travelers" - is fairly close to the book title "The Time Traveler's Wife" which is a rather bittersweet story.

Archived