Syrio Forel Question

kenn_gonz

So i'm reading the first book and It seems Syrio Forel and Arya never had that moment about the thing you say to the god of death. Was that moment just added in the show? That moment being popular and all... I wanted to know. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There have been many things that have been added in the show. For eg in the books Renley was never gay. They have just added that in the show for reasons best known to them

I think that Renly was gay in the books too, (because of something Stannis told him in ACOK) though it isn't openly seen. However, you are right about it: that scene is exclusive of the show.

There have been many things that have been added in the show. For eg in the books Renley was never gay. They have just added that in the show for reasons best known to them

I think that Renly was gay in the books too, (because of something Stannis told him in ACOK) though it isn't openly seen. However, you are right about it: that scene is exclusive of the show.

Actually, there are several *hints* in the books that indicate Renly was homosexual. Wish I could quote the texts, but IIRC they should be 4-6 hints.

Yeah, I always find it puzzling (trolling?) when comments like these are made eight years after the first GRRM confirmation and three season into the show by a person that ostensibly has access to the internet (google wiki etc).

Archived