Why do some people think Jon would make a good King?

The Wolves

I'm a Jon fan and he's my favorite character but why does people think Jon would make a good King or that he should be THE King? I don't think Jon should be King of anything

You are completely right!!! Me neither.

But if I am to guess, it would be because he has shown greater maturity than all kings combined, that he was trained and raise in one of Great House of Westeros, that he is of appropriate bloodline, that understands that Others are far greater threat than political games. Nothing too important.

To be fair he was elected as a leader by his peers at a very young age when he went up against other candidates who were much more familiar with politics and outranked him in terms of experience and seniority. Then as a leader he showed himself to be one of the most pragmatic characters in ASOIAF, and wasn't willing to just make decisions to do with the wildlings based on the received wisdom that they are inherently barbaric and subhuman. Add to this his negotiation skills (Iron Bank) and I think it is clear why people think he will become leader of more than the NW. Personally think ASOIAF will ultimately dissappoint me and that Westeros will turn into some sort of pseudodemocracy with Jon Snow as the leader.

It's hard being king to seven kingdoms of simpletons, Jon is too progressive of a thinker for these types. The whole idea of not fighting each other and fighting the real enemy that can erase humankind from existence is too big of a concept to grasp. Frankly I don't think the kingdoms deserve a king like Jon.

You are cliche and boring :leaving:

Probably.

It was in the first Jon chapters than GRRM told us that Jaime Lannister is how a king should look like. Jon looks nothing like Jaime Lannister. I believe that this is forshadowing that Jon would make a terrible king.

I think this is probably the number one reason why Jon would make a terrible king.

LOL, Dr. Pepper was joking.

I never joke. Ever.

It was in the first Jon chapters than GRRM told us that Jaime Lannister is how a king should look like. Jon looks nothing like Jaime Lannister. I believe that this is forshadowing that Jon would make a terrible king.

Actually I don't think Jon would make a terrible King. I think Jon's ability to see people as equals and give everybody a fair chance is a big quality that Kings should have and I see Jon as one of the few people who have this quality.

I think Jon is for the people and would sacrifice him and his for the people and not many people is capable of that. He's flexible too and a idealist, I like that he cares for others more than himself.

I just don't think being King would do him any favors.

In keeping with the scorched earth policy other posters have adopted;

Clearly Jon would be an excellent choice. Just as things looked to be going wrong in the realm he would receive a massive awesome plot gift and everything would be set to rights.

Foreign invasion; randomly given a really cool sword, rebellious nobles; they would trust him for no real reason and do dumb stuff, falls for noble lady he shouldn't; dead with a stray arrow, assassination attempt; some wolves might just leap out of nowhere to save him (maybe) ...

He's got all the positive Stark attributes going for him, but he's learned better than any of them that the world is not honorable and duty sometimes means dishonor. He's intelligent, fair, noble, has shown vision and aptitude for leadership. He has the skills - literacy, combat and command skill, diplomatic and deal-making talents - for the job; and we've seen that his style of command has won him the respect of the Wildlings, who are a hard group of people to get deference from.

I expect that if he grows to embrace his identity as a warg and a bastard, he'll be everything Robb and Eddard were, without as much vulnerability.

I'm a Jon fan and he's my favorite character but why does people think Jon would make a good King or that he should be THE King? I don't think Jon should be King of anything

He's forward-thinking, certainly moreso than Stannis, if perhaps less than Dany. He's willing to flout tradition to Get Shit Done: Instead of keeping the wildlings out, he decided to deny the Others manpower by granting refuge to the wildling horde, strengthening his own manpower immensely in the process. He's certainly been an excellent if unorthodox Lord Commander.

He might not make the best King (Dany would be better for the Iron Throne, and the Ironborn would be better off under Asha), but he'd probably make a good one.

LOL, I've tried to find logic in this argument, but it's just impossible. On one hand we have the sister fucker and attempt child killer Jaime Lannister who looks exactly like a king should look like. On the other hand we have Jon, who looks nothing like a king is supposed to look like (factoring in that the person resembling a king is in fact a guy who messes around with his sister and has attempted to murder a child)

So the conclusion is that because Jon looks nothing like, again, the sister fucker and attempt child killer, he will be a bad king :shocked: How do this even work?

Anyway, if you're so keen in foreshadowing I'll throw this:

Ser Jaime Lannister was twin to Queen Cersei... He wore crimson silk, high black boots, a black satin cloak.

Jaime is not only wearing Targ colors but also a black cloak!

Does this mean that if Jon had been wearing pastels we would be a bad king?

Archived