A Piece of Prince (BOOK SPOILERS)

ugashep

No

I think Roose will turn up having lost 1/2 his army at the trident, with Theons finger skin and the news the boys are dead,

this will prompt Rob to name JS heir and send Mormont and Glover (extras) off to Seaguard / Greywater

We then get the build up to the wedding wrapped around the story line of JS and Bran crossing at Queenscrown, Danny faffing around outside the city and possibly Loros opting for the Kinsguard over a lifetime married to Cerci

We should also get Coldhands meeting Sam, leaving Sam and Gilly coming out of the Well as Brans closer for the season in 10

I guess telling that Bran and Rickon are alive would work as well, but the way it is done in the books seems to have a stronger emotional impact. At least, when I was reading it, it broke my heart to put myself in the position of Catelyn before she was killed: knowing that every single person of your family was either killed or harmed. It made me pity the Starks.

I guess telling that Bran and Rickon are alive would work as well, but the way it is done in the books seems to have a stronger emotional impact. At least, when I was reading it, it broke my heart to put myself in the position of Catelyn before she was killed: knowing that every single person of your family was either killed or harmed. It made me pity the Starks.

Exactly, it's part of Cat's tragedy, seeing her last son die.

They have to at least tell Cat and Robb that Bran and Rickon are dead. It should be in a pink wax sealed letter with a piece of prince in it, but if they let Robb and Cat die thinking the boys are still alive would kill the impact. Plus a huge part of the RW in the book was knowing as the reader that they were walking into a trap. You didn't know how big or what would happen, but you knew they were hosed walking in the door. The show has to let the audience know that something is terribly, terribly wrong before they walk in the door or D&D will have wasted a huge opportunity.

I completely missed that Roose gave Cat a piece of Theon's skin before the wedding. But I'm not sure why Roose would try to lull Cat and Robb into a false confidence, as Roose sat beside Cat during the wedding, saying barely a work and just picking at his food - not exactly trying to disarm her.

:ack: I do hope not. A piece of flayed skin would surely be enough. That and it would hardly be polite, to do so in the company of a female.

The Northmen have different traditions. They only gave up human sacrifice fairly recently.

Giving a lady the severed body part of an enemy is probably considered good manners.

Does anybody think that Roose will give Catelyn a piece of Theon's skin before the Red Wedding as he does in the book? It could be a way to lull she and Robb further into his trust, as if Robb is noticing anyone but Talisa at this point. Roose could also maybe along the same lines tell them his bastard has captured Theon and learned that two common boys were burned and posed as Bran and Rickon. This would give them false hope and also potentially increase their faith, trust, and gratitude towards Bolton. Since they are going to die anyway it does not matter what he tells them as far as others knowing. I don't necessarily believe this, I just thought about it earlier. Considering how screwy the whole Bran and Rickon news has been to Robb and Catelyn on the show who knows, I wanted to see what everybody else thought.

I hope so, but I don't think Roose should tell them tthat Bran and Rickon are still alive, that would be awful. Cat needs to die thinking Bran and Rickon are dead like it was in the books.

I'm starting to doubt that Roose will even be there until "Jaime Lannister sends his regards."

He's such a troll in the show that I feel like he'd send a raven saying he got held up, just so he could have a LOL GOTCHA moment when he kills Robb hahaha

He's at teh ceremony right behind Robb in the trailers. He will probably use the " I don't drink " excuse to slip out of the celebrations or something like that.

I have a nasty feeling he'll present the Starks with his severed penis. His missing finger was not particularly well flayed.

You are a professional flayer yeah?

Wouldn't they actually have to give Catelyn a scene to do this? Thus, it seems unlikely unless they switch so that Roose offers it to Talisa for some reason.

They have to at least tell Cat and Robb that Bran and Rickon are dead. It should be in a pink wax sealed letter with a piece of prince in it, but if they let Robb and Cat die thinking the boys are still alive would kill the impact. Plus a huge part of the RW in the book was knowing as the reader that they were walking into a trap. You didn't know how big or what would happen, but you knew they were hosed walking in the door. The show has to let the audience know that something is terribly, terribly wrong before they walk in the door or D&D will have wasted a huge opportunity.

It won't be pink. In the show pink is not one of the Bolton colors.

Well, since she is "the Queen in the North", yeah why not?

Maybe, she can be naked and showing off her butt when it happens and squeal "skin skin" as that would be a rich and deep scene.

Maybe, she can be naked and showing off her butt when it happens and squeal "skin skin" as that would be a rich and deep scene.

I think you're getting the hang of this.

I love the way in the book Catelyn wanted to "press it (the flayed finger) to her heart." Imagine if she does that with Theon's member.

Archived