Danys Queensguard

I just did a thread on Aegons Kingsguard so why not do the same thing on Danys Queensguard.

Lord Commander-Barristan Selmy

2nd- Jaime Lannister i know im gonna get some flak for this but its my opinion.

3rd- Grey Worm or Strong Belwas

4th-Brienne

5th- Edric Dayne

5th-Garlan or Loras because i think the Tyrells will just switch back to the Targs when the dragons show up.

6th- Daario possibly or Jorah

7th- Same as the last thread im not sure who will take this spot you guys help me out :)

Barristan would never be ok with accepting Kingslayer, woman and married man into Queensguard.

As for Edric Dayne, he is the last of Daynes(the main line), so I would assume they wouldn`t pick him too

Might get one of the Redwyne twins, I do not think that they are married and above all they come from one of the most prominent Houses in the Reach. The Redwynes were also loyal to Aerys to the last. I suppose they might not be famed fighters but at least Dany would bind a strong House to her cause.

I don't think Paxter Redwyne cares much for Targaryens, though. At some point when they are talking of killing Dany ''Mathis Rowan looked fit to gag'' but Redwyne didn't seem to care.

We cant be sure, that's true. Redwyne has adapted to the new dynasty, as have most. But we cant judge his actions by that scene alone, might be he returns to his old loyalties when a Targ shows up. In any case he seems a cautious man, he probably wont come cheap especially considering the vast navy he controls.

Barristan would never be ok with accepting Kingslayer, woman and married man into Queensguard.

As for Edric Dayne, he is the last of Daynes(the main line), so I would assume they wouldn`t pick him too

In this theory im assuming Barristan wont make it to ados and a new Lord Commander will arise but idk who that will be. I meant to put Edric Dayne or Darkstar and just because he is the last of the line doesnt mean he wont choose it for himself.

• 2 years later...

I'm thinking the Queensguard would be more traditional, only males and only knights. While Hero, Grey Worm, and the Bloodriders might make good guards, they wouldn't be Queensguards. Barristan is training six knights, with himself that makes seven, so he probably intends them to be the Queensguard. Barristan probably won't survive, however. Ser Jorah is coming back and at one point Dany named him as the first of her Queensguard, so he will be the new Lord Commander.

I hope no one would never allow Jaime to be in their kingsguard. So long as the kingslayer is there, all the cloaks are soiled, and the KG lessens in name. I like the character, but no way should he be a member of any King/Queens guard.
Also, garlan wouldn't join her QG. Cause he already has a wife, and a pretty big lordship

Jorah is going to either end up not surviving the final battle OR has a destiny in the Night's Watch.

I think Jorah will be the 1000 LC of the Night's Watch, with Long Claw at his side (via Jon and Daenerys promising him a sword). By then the Wall will have fallen and the Night's Watch's new task is to patrol and protect the Free Folk in the True North (now the 8th Kingdom) for the new King and Queen.

Other than that...   I think Daario and Selmy are goners so I'll discount them.  

Her best bet would be to get a representative from each of the 7k for the symbolic unity aspect.  She can also have her BR on the side, but they aren't knights or even Westerosi so best to leave them off the KG.  

North - Jorah

Westerlands - I guess The Hound...?

Stormlands - Brienne!
Reach - Selmy if he lives, otherwise dunno...  Some Tyrell or Gardener for the political points, depending on who she puts in charge.  

Dorne - I dunno, Dorkstar I guess?  Edric if he gets big and bad later?

Riverlands - Blackfish (??)

Iron Islands - um...  they all suck.  Victarion I guess, he is at least a good fighter, and he's too dumb to pull off anything.   Nevermind I'll go with Vale, burn the II!

Vale - Anyone who can fight, maybe Lyn Corbray from the named characters

If she gets the Iron Islands and/or the Vale on her side, I could see Harras Harlaw or Lyn Corbray in there (Valyrian steel represent!)

I could also see Archibald Yronwood and/or Drink

Drink called her a bitch, and blamed her for Quentyn's death. Can't see him in there.

Would never? Not even in the 15 odd years of King Roberts reign? What gives you the idea that Selmy shared Ned's view of Jaime More so than Roberts? Jaime killing the Mad King was the right thing to do, I would think Barristan could easily feel the same, being close to the situation. And I whole heartedly disagree with your assumption that Barristan would only allow men in his Queensguard considering he's training a Woman in Mereen. Maybe I am wrong, but I saw nothing in the text that would lead me to make a statement as bold as yours....why do you think Barristan feels this way?

Archived