[NO SPOILERS] "Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode (READ THE OP)

shiola

STAVOS <3

Davos reading his book. My hearttttt.

Daario's blades.

Missandei and Dany's conversation about Dothraki was cute, just them talking like friends to further show that Missandei is in no way a slave or a servant.

Jorah Sass Master-- "Have seen worse odds and run" omg.

Huge shout out to Lena, I think her acting was the best this episode.

snip

Titus Pullo, place all that you said about Sandor and Arya's destination behind a tag or delete it ASAP. This thread is spoiler and speculation free.

snip.

The Mondrian Oak, please delete or put behind tags your mentioning of Dany's future storyline. This thread is spoiler and speculation free.

First off, I love that there was NO THEON this episode. His torturing does not need to be chronicled in every episode. It's too much, and no one likes it.

And no Jon. Jon is really boring me this season, and I can't stand Ygritte. But since this is a board about POSITIVE nitpicking, I'll get on with it:

snip

mafalda, since you recognize what this thread is, why include the complaining in the first place? As the OP, I request that you remove that part.

HANDS DOWN BEST: Sam the Slayer! Loved his unquestioning courage, loved the ravens even his conversation with Gilly was so endearing :)

Also Stannis/Davos was such a great scene! I have to admit Stephen Dillaine makes me look at Stannis in a ...umm... whole different light.. that man's a dish ;)

oh yeah And finally Cersei being more Cersei... it's important to show her vulnerabilities, and they did that to an extent, but I like how in this episodes they remind us, bitch is STILL Cersei ;) I like my villainess villainy! I mean her conversation with Marg; seriously, I got the creepy chills!! Cold, murderous, chills!

More things I loved....

Cersei's fucking face when Marg linked their arms, as was mentioned up thread. I was legit laughing-out-loud at it.

People shutting up when Tywin looks at them.

Joffrey being super creepy. I actually didn't find it amusing like I'm seeing some posters did; I found it terrifying and I felt so anxious for Sansa. In fact, most of the wedding had this air of being very tense and uncomfortable and Tyrion's "jokes" did not come off as funny to me either. Everything made me nervous and felt unpleasant in a way that I really, really liked and thought was super well done. Props to the actors and writers, man. That scene was perfect.

But the funny moment of the wedding was definitely Olenna contemplating the family tree. HAH! That was perfect.

The Hound being shown in a more positive light. Arya sulking on the horse.

The shots of the weirwood tree

A big shout out to the readers. It made me excited.

More things I loved....

Joffrey being super creepy. I actually didn't find it amusing like I'm seeing some posters did; I found it terrifying and I felt so anxious for Sansa. In fact, most of the wedding had this air of being very tense and uncomfortable and Tyrion's "jokes" did not come off as funny to me either. Everything made me nervous and felt unpleasant in a way that I really, really liked and thought was super well done. Props to the actors and writers, man. That scene was perfect.

This really sums up my feelings perfectly. The whole thing was just so amazingly tense, awkward and uncomfortable and it made you feel so terrible for both parties involved. Painful awkwardness that concentrated is nearly as affecting and hard to watch for me as explicit violence and the like, if that makes any sense.

I laughed out loud at the absurdity of some of his lines but I loved that even Tyrion's jokes didn't dispel the tension and got one or two uneasy laughs from the other characters at most.

More things I loved....

Cersei's fucking face when Marg linked their arms, as was mentioned up thread. I was legit laughing-out-loud at it.

People shutting up when Tywin looks at them.

But the funny moment of the wedding was definitely Olenna contemplating the family tree. HAH! That was perfect.

The Hound being shown in a more positive light. Arya sulking on the horse.

The shots of the weirwood tree

A big shout out to the readers. It made me excited.

I would like a disclaimer for myself, which is that I ONLY thought Joffrey taking the steps was funny. That's it. Partially because I wondered how they'd do it with there being no fools/jesters in the show

Sam the Slayer!

The Rains of Castamere mention.

The wooden cock and Joffrey's screams at that.

No horrible Theon torture scene this episode.

Drunk!Tyrion is more likeable than normal Tyrion.

Arya and the Hound...Wanted more of them.

Davos learning to read.

When people started to laugh at the wedding, Tywin gave a glance and everyone shut up. Perfect nod to the books.

Davos learning to read.

Cersei recoiling when Margaery took her arm and snapping at Loras.

Joffrey stealing the stool. I still laugh thinking about it.

The directing and cinematography in general. Some really neat shots going on.

Sam! (Although I can't believe he left the White Walker-killing dagger behind. YOU HAD ONE JOB.)

Everything about the wedding. So awful, but it was amazing in its awfulness.

I literally cheered when Sam stabbed the white walker/other. I knew it was coming but I was so proud of him.

I had all kinds of Davos, Sansa, Tyrion, Shae, Gendry feels this week. I like Davos more and more each time - Liam totally blows away that character. I love that he was so proud of himself for reading. I also loved the fact that he called Stannis out for letting him out when he did to be Stannis' conscience.Someone needs to be with his psycho wife and his 'red woman'. In my mind, Melisandre is a morally ambigious character in the books. In the show, she's just crazy and evil. I literally wanted to smack her for what she did to Gendry. That poor boy did nothing wrong and has been shit on for 2 seasons only to get promised the good life for a few minutes before she decides to torment him. If he and Arya turned out to mass murdering fanatics in a few years because of all the people that betray them as soon as they trust them - I wouldn't be surprised! Arya is totally befuddled by the Hound now.

Sansa/Tyrion - both of them were sympathetic. Tywin should have put a stop to Joffrey's mockery of Tyrion because it mocked the whole family. Cersei threatening Margaery was a shock since she was sugary sweet to her face in the books.I don't see Tyrion/Shae's storyline following the book plotline honestly.

I really think they'll change it because they've made Shae a good person who isn't selfish, greedy, or the type to betray him. She genuinely cares for him and Sansa I think.

Olenna's family relations commentary was killing me. After Loras stomped off I felt like Margaery gave her a 'who's side are you on!?' look. lol

Tyrion had some excellent one-liners. "I'm the god of tits and wine" "Now my watch begins" etc. I also liked Gendry's explanation of a bowl of brown where he said they pretended it was chicken. His face when he says 'we knew it wasn't chicken' was precious lol Sam/Gilly's baby name discussion was cute too.

The jury is still out on Daario and Dany's storyline. I did like her telling Barristan to kill Titan's Bastard first. I didn't understand why she would stand up completely nude in front of Daario after he threatened to kill her handmaid then said he wanted to fight for Dany cuz she was hot. But I guess they had to remind people what Emilia looks like naked or something?

Archived