Will Bran leave Bloodraven?

Bloodraven is going to die. It's unhealthy to be a Stark child's guardian figure. GRRM wants them to grow into their destinies, but struggle to do so, so any teacher Bran is going to have is going to be taken out of the picture before the shit gets real.

I like this idea, im still thinking he will warg a dragon for his protection in Winterfell and to confront the Others.

Person number million bajillion that thinks Bran will warg a dragon.

I think it's far more likely that he'll warg a DRAGONRIDER. He's practicing warging humans. That's going to be a much more dangerous skill.

Just something about the BloodRaven that creeps me out. I hope they leave, however, I don't think it will be without duress.

Read the Mystery Knight, Boodraven is not creepy. There is absolutely no creepiness in his character.

I've been wondering about the big sad face on the heart tree in WF. What if it's a much older version of Bran himself? Weirwoods don't have a sense of time so it could be that Bran eventually sets himself up at Winterfell and stays to eventually become part of the giant heart tree.

But why would he have to leave the cave for that? He can already see through the tree in Winterfell from the cave. And even though the Others exist north of the wall, I would think being there would be safer than being somewhere where the Seven or the Red God followers could find him. Mel would chop him into fire wood if she had half a chance.

That boy just spent like 3 books traveling to GET to Bloodraven. Why is the idea of him turning right around and leaving Bloodraven SO exciting to people? This is Bran's job. It's what he's suited for and what he wanted. You want him to go back home and go on worker's comp?

*Like*

We have to remember that WoW is going to be at least 1500 pages.... Not to mention ADoS which will be the 'shit hits the fan' book'. Also the only other person who knows what went down in the tower of the hand is Holwland Reed and I don't see any of our POV characters making their way to Greywater anytime soon and GRRM said there will be no more POV characters. Brand is most likely our insight to what happened in the tower of the hand since bloodraven said he'd see beyond the weirwoods. The long and short is he's here for at least another book.

That boy just spent like 3 books traveling to GET to Bloodraven. Why is the idea of him turning right around and leaving Bloodraven SO exciting to people? This is Bran's job. It's what he's suited for and what he wanted. You want him to go back home and go on worker's comp?

LoL

Well, if Hodor carried him so far, he can also bring him back to the "civilized world" (North), especially now as Bran has people-warging abilities.

Calling Westeros civil is a bit of a stretch don't you think.

I could be wrong, but I've got this mental image of Bran eventually returning to Winterfell and going down into the crypts (carried by Hodor). I see him following a long-forgotten passage that leads directly under the Godswood, to the roots of the Hearttree. There he finds the dessicated skeleton of the last greenseer of Winterfell before him. He reaches out to touch it, and it crumbles to dust. Hodor gently places him in his weirwood throne, where he remains, while aboveground the features of the tree's face reshape to be an image of Bran's. After all, there must always be a Stark in Winterfell.

The King IN the North.

Odin sacrificed his eye to gain knowledge of the past, present and future, including his own death. BR draws inspiration from Odin with his one eye. I think one of the reasons BR had sent for Bran now, other than the Long Night is that he knows his death is coming soon, Mel will kill him.

I don't think Bran will leave BR and the CotF.

Yeah. By that logic, Arya spent 3 books traveling to GET to the Faceless Men. Why is the idea of her turning right around and leaving the Kindly Old Man SO exciting to people?

Bran and Arya are where they need to be to be trained in the skills they will need in future.This is their training montage. Heck, in Bran's case, we even got part of the montage in a series of visions flashing before his eyes. Once they have finished their training, it's off again back to the big reunion at Winterfell.

Bran is almost certainly the great other aka, the Nights king from my reading. It has been seen in the fires, the evil boy with the wolfs face. Bran has been told to become.at peace in the darkness, the darkness is his friend. He is the enemy of the lord of light. He wargs hodor and ate his friends balls crushed into pulp god dammit. He is the evil spawn of an evil family. Ned, Jon and Robb are the exception to the rule rather than the rule imo. Winterfell isnt the home of gentlemen. Its the home of bloodthirsty wolves who will do anything and everything to remain dominant. Bran will be the ultimate Stark.

Bran is almost certainly the great other aka, the Nights king from my reading. It has been seen in the fires, the evil boy with the wolfs face. Bran has been told to become.at peace in the darkness, the darkness is his friend. He is the enemy of the lord of light. He wargs hodor and ate his friends balls crushed into pulp god dammit. He is the evil spawn of an evil family. Ned, Jon and Robb are the exception to the rule rather than the rule imo. Winterfell isnt the home of gentlemen. Its the home of bloodthirsty wolves who will do anything and everything to remain dominant. Bran will be the ultimate Stark.

Sarcasm, ain't it great. :cool4:

It doesnt state anywhere in the books that he has to be on the weirwood throne of the CotF to access the weirwood memory network, thas why it irritates me to hear he has no "game" strength unless hes there, in pretty sure as long as hes near a weirwood he can access the network. This is why i think Bran is more like to set up camp in Winterfell in the Godswood or possibly in the crypts.

It doesnt state anywhere in the books that he has to be on the weirwood throne of the CotF to access the weirwood memory network, thas why it irritates me to hear he has no "game" strength unless hes there, in pretty sure as long as hes near a weirwood he can access the network. This is why i think Bran is more like to set up camp in Winterfell in the Godswood or possibly in the crypts.

That's what I was thinking too. He ate the weirwood paste and was still able to access the weirnet without being attached to a tree. I think the weirwood tree is keeping Bloodraven alive, being 125 years old and all, and that's why he is sitting on it / connected to it.

Archived