How would you rate episode 308?

Ran

How would you rate episode 308?  

748 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

If they didn't want Sansa to receive hate for it, why not just make Tyrion unsympathetic during the episode? It's a really simple solution. But the problem is that D&D want to continue whitewashing him.

That would make his characterization inconsistent. You can't just make a character do something illogical and inconsistent with their portrayal up to that point for the sake of manipulating the audience reaction. That would be heavyhanded and poor writing.

After all those scenes with Tyrion and Margaery trying to reassure her, having Sansa refuse to kneel would have made her look petty.

Gave it a one. Some of the changes these two idiots make are so incredibly bad. There is no reason whatsoever to not have Barriston kill the Titans Bastard.........NONE! They're still too busy adding ridiculous sex scenes to every f**king episode to care at ALL about the actual story. Just another in a long line of memorable scenes we get screwed out of.

I gave it a 9. Even thought there are a few changes from the book I quite enjoy them. If everything was spot on to the books it would make for some too predictable, boring watching.

My fav parts were Tyrion punking out king bitch, and the conversation between the Tyrell's about the marriage to

Cersei and Loras had me LMAO. Tywin's conversation with Tyrion was funny as hell. There were so many great moments to count in this episode. Oh, and I'm liking Daario Naharis!

9/10. I thought the Tyrion-Sansa wedding was fantastic television. Sure, there were book differences which may cause problems down the line, but in the moment I really enjoyed it.

"And now my watch begins". Perfect.

gave it a nine if for nothing else this line. I totally agree it was perfect and dare I say better than the book's treatment of this moment...quite frankly my dears the book sounded like a Rhett Butler moment from Gone With The Wind...according to my number one niece who has read said book multiple times... he was giving a commitment that i didn't expect but appreciated nonetheless... :smoking:

I quite enjoyed the episode, so a good solid 7 from me. The Hound getting Arya Stark to smile? Who'd have thought! Davos Seaworth at last having a mature conversation with Stannis Baratheon was also nice to see, and his point about the timing of Stannis' act of mercy was quite good. The general awkwardness of the Tyrion Lannister and Sansa Stark wedding was pretty well captured, with nice touches like Tywin 'always critical of his son' Lannister not tolerating any snickers about Tyrion's lacking height and Cersei Lannister threathening to have Margaery Tyrell killed in no uncertain terms. Joffrey Baratheon's threats and schemes are so juvenile that he doesn't become personally threathening in a way people like his grandfather are; it's just annoying now.

I wasn't as fond of the drunken Tyrion scenes, or of Melisandre's antics (What's that about keeping the lamb calm, again? Gendry was screaming like a madman!), but what disappointed me most about this episode was the extremely convenient way the Second Sons confrontation played out for Daenerys Targaryen. I'm curious to see how this story goes on in future episodes, surely the mercenaries will have a few questions about this sudden shift in their organisation?

The focus on a smaller number of characters was quite welcome. I wouldn't mind if they carried this forward into the next season.

:stillsick:

LOL agree!! triple :stillsick: :stillsick: :stillsick: for me!! and also from 1 to 10 is quite a jump!!

I give a 8/10.

- Dany's scenes were great.

- The weeding was awesome (except for Sansa kneeling).

- Any scene with Arya and the Hound is great.

- Joffrey and Tywin were awesome, as always, just as awesome as in the books.

- Finally Sam the Slayer and Puddles!! or well, Shards!!

- Davos reading was so cute, and some history is always welcome!!

On the other hand:

- The rest of the Dragonstone scenes were terrible IMO.

- Many inconsistencies with languages and accents.

- Olenna is rather annoying.

For reference:

ep1: 7

ep2: 7

ep3: 8

ep4: 8

ep5: 9

ep6: 6

ep7: 7

ep8: 8

Things are getting good again! Hope next episode gets a 9 or even a 10!!

Edited by Darth Zyroth

I quite enjoyed the episode, so a good solid 7 from me. The Hound getting Arya Stark to smile? Who'd have thought! Davos Seaworth at last having a mature conversation with Stannis Baratheon was also nice to see, and his point about the timing of Stannis' act of mercy was quite good. The general awkwardness of the Tyrion Lannister and Sansa Stark wedding was pretty well captured, with nice touches like Tywin 'always critical of his son' Lannister not tolerating any snickers about Tyrion's lacking height and Cersei Lannister threathening to have Margaery Tyrell killed in no uncertain terms. Joffrey Baratheon's threats and schemes are so juvenile that he doesn't become personally threathening in a way people like his grandfather are; it's just annoying now.

I wasn't as fond of the drunken Tyrion scenes, or of Melisandre's antics (What's that about keeping the lamb calm, again? Gendry was screaming like a madman!), but what disappointed me most about this episode was the extremely convenient way the Second Sons confrontation played out for Daenerys Targaryen. I'm curious to see how this story goes on in future episodes, surely the mercenaries will have a few questions about this sudden shift in their organisation?

The focus on a smaller number of characters was quite welcome. I wouldn't mind if they carried this forward into the next season.

The thing about keeping the lamb calm was to convince Stannis that she had no interest in torturing Gendry when she killed him. She was persuaded not to kill him. Now, I'm not sure if her analogy with blood was supposed to cross over to Gendry and leeched blood. Anyway, I think it is a stretch to try to force the sacrifice analogies at all much less with the leeching except she didnt want to terrorize the lad. I cant figure why he was so freaked by the leeches. Perhaps she let him be freaked out so blaming Davos would be more convincing. But leeches are often used medicinally. As a denizen of Flea Bottom I cant imagine he hadnt been leeched - as an apprentice who had received double the pay for him unless he had never been sick. Anyway, he had probably experienced worse. Maybe he was freaked because he was nervous and not exactly sick. Maybe Mel thought the wine and her charm would chill him out. Who knows?

I gave it a solid 8.

Really enjoyed the scene with Davos and Stanis, thought that was excellent.

Very few faults I could pick with it, disappointed Sansa knelt, but could see why she did. I think my unsullied friends were expecting it to be the end of Samwell so were pleased when he became Sam the Slayer, but we were all shouting after it that he left the knife behind - which was ridiculous! Also I had to remind them of the knife and what it was afterwards, would have been better if it was fresher in their minds I think. Quite a usual gripe that Melisandre didn't need to be naked for her scene, it was almost like filling in the boob quota again.

I have to say I really didn't understand Daario's character in the books, but he has been really well cast and I can now see it.

Maybe I should have given the episode a 9, there was so little wrong with it and a lot was done really well.

Gave it a one. Some of the changes these two idiots make are so incredibly bad. There is no reason whatsoever to not have Barriston kill the Titans Bastard.........NONE! They're still too busy adding ridiculous sex scenes to every f**king episode to care at ALL about the actual story. Just another in a long line of memorable scenes we get screwed out of.

Did you just have a bad day?

9. Out of 10.

Bloody brilliant, every scene felt important to the story, every actor (even Clarke) was on top form. Sandor/Arya was a bit weak but then, I have very high expectations for this pairing and they've still got time.

The wedding was amazing, I absolutely loved it. In the way, the whitewashing of Tyrion mostly paid off here because in the books he was very protective of his new wife. His display of anger towards Joff and his subsequent reaction was also fantastic. Castermere story was wrong but that is a minor complaint. Lack of Ser Dontos was weird in my opinion; it would have made the guests, as well as Joffrey of course, laugh even more and make it even more embarassing for Sansa and Tyrion. They've introduced him, why not utilise him?

Sam the Slayer was great, despite the fact Edd and Grenn weren't there. Strange there wasn't any more wights so to give way to introducing Coldhands but all in all, a very strong finale, same as last weeks.

The Dany storyline is again great. It seems to be going from strength to strength. I find it a fascinating watch. And Daario. WOW, what a phenomenaly good casting! Seriously think D&D can ACTUALLY write a better relationship between Dany and him on TV than George ever could in the books.

As others have said, would've liked a Robb/Cat/Tullys/Talisa scene arriving at the Twins, to set us up for you know what.

Overall, much much better than the Climb, Bear and the Maiden Fair and pretty much every other episode this season. With less filler and more action, as well as being pretty faithful to the books even in the Gendry/Mel scenes, 'Second Sons' was brilliant. Here's hoping 'The Rains...' is even better.

This was in no way a histrionic overreaction with basically no rationale and based, apparently, around the omission of a single quite nice but not necessary and frankly not even that memorable scene from the books, was it?

The notion of voting something like this show as a 1 is utterly ridiculous. You can say you don't enjoy all the changes but a 1 means, I think on any scale of 1 to 10, that it was literally as bad as it could possibly be with no redeeming features. I can't believe that a real person could actually feel that, especially one that seems to think of themselves as a fan of the book...

I liked they put in some of Mero's banter but I note they put in very little of the backtalk Dany answered with. Interesting to have her just answer with a patient smile. Interesting to bring in such a character with a lot of seeming potential only to kill him off right away.

In the book Coldhands rescues Sam and Gilly from wights. In the book they did think they were in the clear once the Other was dead. So there's room.

People were lamenting the absence of the Death by Dragonglass of the Other prematurely - just because it was a little out of sequence relative to the book.