[Spoilers] Strong Belwas

Strong Belwas has been cut once again! But we all know what happens after someone cuts him......

Now on a serious tone, I won't be very sad, but I will miss Belwas. He wasn't very interesting or complex, but he was hilarious and a comedy relief in the Meeren storyline. I'll be sad because we won't see him killing Oznak, and then shiting in front of Meereen. I guess Barristan can kill him and that way he will show everybody how badass he still is. But I doubt he will shit..... :(

Fear not, I have it on good authority that Strong Belwas will be discovered eating at a spicy locust bistro on the road to Meereen, foreshadowing future deeds. He will fight a hero of Meereen outside its walls instead of outside Yunkai, no harm done, lots of actor standing around doing little for a whole season avoided.

Uhm, he always fought the "hero" outside Meeren, it was never Yunkai.

I forget where I saw it, but the show runners confirmed there will be no Strong Belwas at any point in the show. :frown5:

I don't know they said >any point< , thought it was this season.

He might appear next season.

I thought the Reeds were gone for good, yet showed up.

If Belwas does not show up next season then we will know the character has been eliminated.

I am surprised at the number of readers who don't catch GRRM pulling their leg with the Arstan/Barristan - Belwas thing.

A former slave pit fighter , who is not even a knight, with a smarter-than-him over age squire!?

GRRM has demonstrated his playful sense of humor many times.

I'll be sad because we won't see him killing Oznak, and then shiting in front of Meereen. I guess Barristan can kill him and that way he will show everybody how badass he still is. But I doubt he will shit..... :(

Considering Ser Barristan is the one who narrates the single combat - about Oznak's lance being too long, etc. it would be fitting to have Ser Barristan defeat him. Especially if he does it mounted and says something pithy when Ser Jorah volunteers - "you aren't much with the lance, from what I recall, except for that one tournament, but that didn't work out so well in the end, did it? It would be my honor to defeat this creature, Your Grace"

It looks like they might be rushing the sewer scene into this season if the promo (and my understanding of it) can be trusted. Darrio looks like he is going to show Jorah and Barristan somewhere - I am presuming into the sewers to take the city. If they do this, than Strong Belwas is coming in next episode or the finale.

And the real Tormund is starting to show. We just need to hear some of his tall talking, how he sired those bears!

The heads of the other captains, just as book Daario did, because they wanted to go against Dany. The sewer scene won't be for awhile.

If done correctly, Belwas could be one of the shows best among the supporting cast. Here's to hoping we get to see Belwas on the screen. He's one of my favorite characters in the books and adds some much-needed comic relief.

Yep, but I think D&D don't want much comic relief.

I forget where I saw it, but the show runners confirmed there will be no Strong Belwas at any point in the show. :frown5:

I am disappoint, but not suprised. I suppose it was difficulty casting him?

What a shame. He was one of the coolest sidekicks.

I second that. It would be nice to see him on screen, but I don't think he is needed, as the cast of characters is already big enough for the 10 episodes we get each season.

So, kill off Osha. She's a stupid character anyway. Imagine putting a robber and attempted murderer in charge of the Stark heirs. Idiotic.

Why do you think so? Many viewers were shocked at Ned's execution, but that didn't cause the ratings to plummet, and he was a far more prominent and likable character..If anything I think it reinforces the notion that no one is safe, and that is something viewers expect with the series.

SOME people are safe, and I think the viewers know it. They are not going to kill off Tyrion or Arya.

It looks like Dany finishes this season with Yunkai.

Maybe Belwas can be one of the former slaves she freed or even a member of the second sons.

They could have Selmy, Mormont or Dario take his fight for Mehreen.

the only other notable thing he does is eat the poisoned locusts.

Oh they'll definitely have the pit fighting and I quite like Strong Belwas too, but to be hones his character really isn't interesting and is basically quite jarring if we were to watch a great big man on screen like ''ME SPEAK LIKE THIS'' you know what I mean.

Plus, they already will have Victarion Greyjoy to fill the big man on screen talking like a caveman quota:

"Thinking bad. Thinking make head hurt! Sailing good. Me like sailing. Come here, dusky woman. Me like dusky woman."

Archived