[book spoilers] so we won't see BLANK until s4

Logodnica

Already suggested in another thread that they won't show Sam and CH meeting on-screen, but we will hear about it in the Nightfort, which certainly will be in E10 this season. Coldhands on-screen-debut would be E1 or E2 of next season while meeting up with Bran north of the wall.

Already suggested in another thread that they won't show Sam and CH meeting on-screen, but we will hear about it in the Nightfort, which certainly will be in E10 this season. Coldhands on-screen-debut would be E1 or E2 of next season while meeting up with Bran north of the wall.

I would be kinda sad if we don't see CH save sam with his pack of ravens, that would make for an amazing cinematic scene! :)

im quite convinced we will see Sam and Gilly meet up with Bran and co before we meet ColdHands, Sam and Gilly will most likely make mention of him, saying that a strange man with coldhands saved them and helped them get through the wall, kinda like in the book, but im not sure we will have Sam and Gilly seeing him for the first time, we probably wont have Sam next ep at all. So I think CH will make his appearance next season.

As Sam will probably only appear again in the season finale, I see three possibilities:

1. Sam meeting Coldhands in ep 10 and that's it. Improbable, as it's not big enough an event for the finale.

2. Sam meeting Coldhands in the beginning of ep 10 and in the end, his scene with Bran. Maybe, but unlikely, as it would feel too rushed.

3. No Coldhands this season, Sam finds the Black Gate himself (either by accident or being "guided" by ravens) and we end with his scene with Bran. Probably what's going to happen, given what we know about the end of the season.

If Coldhands is not introduced this season, he could either be skipped entirely, or be the end of Bran's storyline next season. Given that s4 will be the rest of Storm of Swords and maybe a little bit of the other two books, technically Bran would disappear now and not reappear until s5. But the producers don't seem too fond of keeping big cast members away from the screen for entire seasons, so I'd wager that Bran will have part of his journey in s4. They could just make Jojen take him all the way and reach the Children's cave by s4's finale, but then what would they do with him the next two seasons? My bet is that in s4 Jojen will lead him north, but not really sure where to, or maybe to the wrong place (Hardhome?), and meet Coldhands by the end of it, and then resume Bran's journey in s5 more by-the-book.

it could even be the pack of crows that plays the part of coldhands.

I was thinking this too, but that'd probably be more expensive than hiring an actor. Wouldn't be surprised at all however if the crows get Sam to the gate - but Coldhands will appear eventually.

It's not as if the show hasn't already set a pattern of waiting a season before Bran's guides show up.

This would be great. But still we can have it as in the books. in episode 9 Sam can be saved from wights (they can easily use the people at the mutiny). Coldhands save them. We only see a hooded man no face with strange hands that saves them.

Where the heck is Tommen the future king? He wasn't even at his uncle's wedding! I guess they wanted to save the expense of paying the actor but its kinda weird he'll be a big deal next season and he is absent this season. Even Rickon has been seen (although he barely speaks)

If Coldhands is cut then that's probably proof that he is not Benjen.

Where the heck is Tommen the future king? He wasn't even at his uncle's wedding! I guess they wanted to save the expense of paying the actor but its kinda weird he'll be a big deal next season and he is absent this season. Even Rickon has been seen (although he barely speaks)

They probably want to replace Tommen's actor and decided against showing him this season so viewers would forget what he looks like.

When the synopsis said, "Sam meets an old man", we all jumped to thinking Coldhands since he's described as having died long ago.

What if the person proof reading the synopsis saw the words "cold man" and thought, gee, that's weird, they must have meant "old man". Stranger things have happened.

With "old man" it implies coldhands. With "cold man" it's more ambiguous. It could be coldhands, or just as easily a WW or an Other.

I think it was just a typo, but I believe in the tooth fairy too.

I would agree with this except Sam and Gilly are in the

which will be shown before episode 9, which means Sam and Gilly are in episode 9

what are they going to do get a little bit closer to the wall? They been getting closer and closer to it for half a season now. I expect that the opening of episode 9 will lead off with them running through the woods from white walkers and wights and getting saved by Coldhands.

Coldhands is not a very satisfying character in the books. I was intrigued by him for a while only for him to turn out to be some random Night's Watchman from hundred years ago or w/e. Plausible - yes. Interesting - no.

So not bothered if they leave him out, but I expect the poster above me is right - he'll turn up in episode 9.

Coldhands is not a very satisfying character in the books. I was intrigued by him for a while only for him to turn out to be some random Night's Watchman from hundred years ago or w/e. Plausible - yes. Interesting - no.

So not bothered if they leave him out, but I expect the poster above me is right - he'll turn up in episode 9.

Well we don't really know who he is for sure. But ultimately I don't know how much it matters since Bran got to Bloodraven and that was basically the whole point of Coldhands.

I think that Jojen knowing where they are going is quite a stretch. No one knows that Children of the Forest are even alive, let alone where they are. Its an even bigger stretch to have them survive beyond the Wall without Coldhands.

Or am I forgetting something?

And Coldhands should be kept if for nothing else, for his Cool Factor.

I think that Jojen knowing where they are going is quite a stretch. No one knows that Children of the Forest are even alive, let alone where they are. Its an even bigger stretch to have them survive beyond the Wall without Coldhands.

Or am I forgetting something?

And Coldhands should be kept if for nothing else, for his Cool Factor.

Exactly, the producers know how much the fans loved Jaqen and Syrio, so I doubt they would miss this opportunity. I really hope we get to see him this season saving Sam and Gilly. Sometimes I feel the show spends too much time in King's Landing when so much shit is about to go down beyond the wall.

Archived