[Book Spoilers] Daario Naharis

Katydid

Despite or because of? Could you really take a live action guy with blue hair seriously as an object of lust?

I don't think it matters if WE can. If they'd made a bigger deal of the Tyroshi flamboyance, we would accept it as part of their culture by now. All that matters is that the character can, and that we believe the character can by showing us he's not out of the ordinary for his people. IMO.

I don't think it matters if WE can. If they'd made a bigger deal of the Tyroshi flamboyance, we would accept it as part of their culture by now. All that matters is that the character can, and that we believe the character can by showing us he's not out of the ordinary for his people. IMO.

I dont know, I think even Tom Hiddleson would have a rough time selling bright blue hair, the beard and golden tooth.

I'm pro Daario. Book Daario has always been described as good looking, albeit with an outlandish look. I pictured him as having a roguish, piratical appearance, but with rippling lean muscles like this actor has. I agree with others that the blue beard would not have translated well to the screen although I, for one, have no trouble imagining how the book character could have one and still be attractive to Dany.

I thought he was great, honestly! The only problem I have is that this show keeps making me like characters I swore to hate in the books, like Daario.

....Is it bad that I don't hate him? XD I mean, Daario is one of the most hated character in the books, after all.

Despite or because of? Could you really take a live action guy with blue hair seriously as an object of lust?

They might have gotten Johnny Depp , then he could have worn a dead crow on his head.

They might have gotten Johnny Depp , then he could have worn a dead crow on his head.

This is why I am straight, I just don't see the appeal of Johnny Depp. Well, that and a complete lack of interest in the D.

I haven't noticed anyone mention this yet... did anyone get a look at Daario's weapons? They're every bit as cool and ridiculous as described in the books... his arakh and stilleto blade, with wanton gilded women for hilts.

He showed them in front of the camera before the Titan's bastard would send the girl with the coins.

I only saw one blade but I'm sure he has the other one too.

I loved the show Daario! I am very happy with this guy and I think his attitude is perfect. I miss the blue hair a bit, but not the golden tooth. Still, even without the hair, he seems like a good fit and I am pleased with the hotness :D

• 3 weeks later...

lack of beard and colors

but ok to me

well, with this we can be pretty sure there won't be Storm Crows

Definitely. The problem is, I don't see how they're going to keep the story going as in the books. The implications of the Second Sons are important to the plot, later on converging with Tyrion's and Jorah's. Now that the showmakers have made Daario their captain, how are they going to make that happen? Will they make him betray Danaerys to Yunkai to keep the story going, even if he is very loyal to her in the books? It would certainly provide all the future drama they need, considering the cheesy way they're starting to draw Daario/Daenarys romance in..

TV Daario should have a gold tooth. It would enhance his gangster credentials. Otherwise he simply looks like an underwear model. I also wonder if his look is specific enough to pass for a Targ if they pull an elimination/substitution ala Edric Storm/Gendry with Young Griff/Daario...

Definitely. The problem is, I don't see how they're going to keep the story going as in the books. The implications of the Second Sons are important to the plot, later on converging with Tyrion's and Jorah's. Now that the showmakers have made Daario their captain, how are they going to make that happen? Will they make him betray Danaerys to Yunkai to keep the story going, even if he is very loyal to her in the books? It would certainly provide all the future drama they need, considering the cheesy way they're starting to draw Daario/Daenarys romance in..

Congratulations on your first post, Danken!

If necessary, they could have part of the Second Sons betray while Daario stays loyal, but I suppose we're not even 100% sure Daario stays loyal in the books.

I think Tyrion & Jorah's ship could be captured by Victarion & the Iron Fleet on their way to Meereen instead of dealing with the sellswords. Woudn't a Victarion/Tyrion conversation would be priceless?

Congratulations on your first post, Danken!

If necessary, they could have part of the Second Sons betray while Daario stays loyal, but I suppose we're not even 100% sure Daario stays loyal in the books.

I think Tyrion & Jorah's ship could be captured by Victarion & the Iron Fleet on their way to Meereen instead of dealing with the sellswords. Woudn't a Victarion/Tyrion conversation would be priceless?

Cheers, man!

Indeed it would be thrilling and really plausible since both are clearly joining the dragon. They could also introduce Brown Ben as an underofficer of Daario that would betray Denaerys with the greater part of the Second Sons, although it seems quite unlikely..

The other thing that annoys me with show Daario is how they have completely changed his character. Despite the aesthetic modifications, good decision by the way, they have harshly inversed his nature. Though they have kept the bloodthirsty part, they have transformed him into a virtue defending philosopher, when the real Daario has a sellsword's unflinching morality. Seriously, making Daario lecture Jorah about dishonor? Daario is also known to boast of having lain with hundreds of women, not really the guy to refuse a whore..

Archived