[Book & Episode 9 Spoilers] Episode 9 Trailer Content

mykelsss

I get the feeling KL won't be in next episode. There's nothing from KL in the preview nor in the recap. It might be the first episode in the entire show we KL and Tyrion are not seen. So it looks like the episode will include only:

-The Red Wedding, obviously, with some scenes of Robb planning his campaign to give false hope

-Arya and the Hound arriving at the Twins, with some tension building between them in the scenes before the RW

-Dany planning and taking Yunkai, with a battle scene where we see Jorah, Grey Worm and Daario fighting (Barristan will be left behind with Dany, apparently, hopefully telling her stuff about Rhaegar like in the book)

-Jon and the wildlings near Queenscrown, with a fight scene, apparently

-Bran & his gang in Queenscrown, with Bran warging Hodor

-Sam and Gilly meet Coldhands. They are not shown in the preview, but they appear in the recap, so they will probably be in the episode.

Bran will be warging Summer no?

From the trailer it looks like Meereen could be left out of the tv show all together. Interesting. :eek:

There is no evidence Meereen will be cut from the show, what the hell would they do with Dany for the next 2-3 seasons? They are likely just altering the battle of Yunkai to be able to show a smaller scale engagement, because they don't have the budget to shoot a huge CGI battle every time the books call for one.

He wargs both I think.

Summer while helping Jon and Hodor to shut him up.

Yes, both. In the synopsis it says "Bran discovers a new gift", so it's probably him learning how to warg humans.

I put this in the discussion in the episode 9 thread too, but

I think they will show Balon dying and show Yara at the funeral or whatever. It could be a really short scene. Bannen's funeral was short, it would only need to be a little bit longer to show her saying she thinks her brother is dead and now her father is too. I think they will do this because it serves many purposes.

It reveals to the less attentive viewers that it's definitely not Balon holding Theon for messing up at Winterfell.

It starts the iron islands succession storyline a bit

It gets people worried that maybe Melisandre's curse was real.

But then they will show a short king's landing scene (remember, some scenes are not always previewed in the "last time" clips, especially if they're short) where Joffrey is alive and well. That will get the viewers fears to go away and say that "okay, it was just a freak accident/assassination."

So they will not know if Robb is safe or not. They also don't know if Melisandre really did curse them all or if it was just a magic trick. Which is totally in line with her character.

I don't think we'll actually see Balon dying. Rather someone will mention that he "fell" off a bridge and then later we'll see the funeral.

Among many other reasons I can't see the benefit of casting him again and bringing him out to film a CG scene of being flung off a bridge when he dies off screen in the book anyways.

I don't think we'll actually see Balon dying. Rather someone will mention that he "fell" off a bridge and then later we'll see the funeral.

Yeah or that. I forgot to mention that maybe they will show her receiving a lil piece of skin from a certain Bastard and finally name him...I don't remember if that ever happens in the books or what, but it would work imo, to have him send a finger to Yara and skin to Robb. They could also just ignore it and move it to the season finale, so that people think Joffrey will die that episode. So many ways to do kick off the iron islands story.

Among many other reasons I can't see the benefit of casting him again and bringing him out to film a CG scene of being flung off a bridge when he dies off screen in the book anyways.

Yeah, I also doubt it, but I think it's a missed opportunity. It'd be awesome to have a scene of Balon falling off the bridge, shot from an ambiguous angle so we can't see if he tripped or if he was pushed, then some servants run to the bridge and look down, and one of them looks like Jaqen H'ghar with his second face. That would be great.

Dany and daario hand spooning, the shirtless men if theyre at the twins why would they take of their shirts? Do drunk ppl remove their shirts for no reason? Why is it only 32 second previews? How are we to dissect every second for the next week with so little to go on? Oh the humanity

I take it you've never awakened the morning after a serious bender thinking all is well, you're completely dressed. Until looking in the mirror and realizing your shirt is on INSIDE-OUT.

Next TWO weeks :( :(

I saw that n thought it was a horrible joke, but it's an American bank holiday or something? I was like fuck you America (I'm kidding plz don't ban me)

I take it you've never awakened the morning after a serious bender thinking all is well, you're completely dressed. Until looking in the mirror and realizing your shirt is on INSIDE-OUT.

No but I woke with my bottoms missing I still don't know what happened to them.

I don't drink like I used to(wife usually won't let me, God bless her!), but from my experience any drunken occasion where only my shirt came off was considered a dull affair.

I had a great-uncle who liked to take off all of his clothes whenever he was drunk for not given reason. My grandma said that you never know what kind of person alcohol might turned you into. That's why I'm a teetotaler.

I saw that n thought it was a horrible joke, but it's an American bank holiday or something? I was like fuck you America (I'm kidding plz don't ban me)

Memorial Day. I don't know why it's such a big deal.

No but I woke with my bottoms missing I still don't know what happened to them.

So *that* where those pants came from!

:leaving:

I believe it's because of the ratings. They may be afraid of having low ratings due to holiday for such an important episode.

Indeed. Last seasons, the ratings were down at that holiday. As this is THE episode of episodes, they cannot permit themselves such low ratings.

Archived