[book spoilers]What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions.

espec22

My lady friend at work thought the episode sucked because Jaime wasn't in it... she must not remember that a few episodes ago she vowed that there was no redemption for Jaime and she wouldn't forgive him.

No one knows how much time has passed between seasons

Actually, we have pretty good measures for the passage of time between both seasons. In season 2, Arya and Tyrion's plots both pick up at most a few days after season 1 ended; in season 3, Sam and to a lesser extent Davos both follow pretty hard on where season 2 ended.

If you try to figure out how years could have passed in this world by looking closely at the timing of events, you'll go mad pretty quickly.

My housemate posted this on my Facebook wall after watching the episode,'This is the most fucked up, dysfunctional wedding I've ever seen. Eastenders couldnt make this shit up!'.

Oh sweet summer child...

I beg to differ. I think Eastenders might have done worse :laugh:

If you try to figure out how years could have passed in this world by looking closely at the timing of events, you'll go mad pretty quickly.

That was actually my point, from a TV viewers standpoint, one season eaquals 1 year. In the books its even more complicated, but after 5 books it's only been three and half years, they kids are growing super fast, even now there is no way Arya could be mistaken for a boy.

Also, most bookreaders still think in terms of black/white as well. As in Jaime is a "good" guy.

Many people confuse liking a character with labeling said character as good (or bad perhaps) which eliminates the grey areas of ASOIAF.

This isn't a reaction, but i's a bit weird that some unsullied refuse to see Tyrion in a bad light in any way. I understand Joffrey is a little shit but he's also Tyrion's nephew. A threat (that was clearly sincere) to cut off his junk is pretty dark if you think about it. Yet because we hate Joffrey people kind of miss it. Not that Joffrey doesn't deserve it but the threat and the fact that he was serious and that Joffrey is still his family (viewers hate Stannis for what happened to Renly) should indicate Tyrion is not an angel and is at least capable of some dark shit. Not to mention that he directly caused several people to burn to death and drown.

Just an amusing observation.

I really, really love how the Unsullied watchers, not only at TWOP, but also at NeoGAF and WiC, and even professional Unsullied reviewers are all calling Tyrion and Sansa's wedding "the worst wedding ever". They have no idea :lmao:

I understand Joffrey is a little shit but he's also Tyrion's nephew. A threat (that was clearly sincere) to cut off his junk is pretty dark if you think about it. Yet because we hate Joffrey people kind of miss it. Not that Joffrey doesn't deserve it but the threat and the fact that he was serious and that Joffrey is still his family (viewers hate Stannis for what happened to Renly) should indicate Tyrion is not an angel and is at least capable of some dark shit. Not to mention that he directly caused several people to burn to death and drown.

Just an amusing observation.

Great point. Hey Tyrion "whitewashing" peeps, take notice.

So I watched the two latest episodes with my BF. He thinks that the one torturing Theon is the bastard of Lord Bolton. He also thinks that poor lord Bolton doesn't know this. He hopes Robb won't be as just as Stannis and punish lord Bolton for the torture of Theon...

He loves the hound and Davos :) He pitied Tyrion so much during the wedding and didn't care about Sansa until she reminds us that she's 14.

He also thinks that Ygritte's going to die for some reason. Said Sam was such an idiot for leaving the obsidian knife behind and he thought the ravens were evil.

He predicts that Cersei will kill Margaery, that Rickon will die because he's useless and for the sake of the quota of shit happening to the Starks.

He also thinks that Daario is going to be a turncloack for sure given how easy it was for him to give his alliegeance to Dany.

I'd like to see how most people would react after killing an undead Zombie thing in the middle of the night in a forest away from civilization surrounded by the sound of ten thousand creepy ravens quorking relentlessly with no idea what or who else could be out there. Far too many people commenting that Sam is some kind of moron where basically the average person would shit their pants and die, not necessarily in that order.

I'd like to see how most people would react after killing an undead Zombie thing in the middle of the night in a forest away from civilization surrounded by the sound of ten thousand creepy ravens quorking relentlessly with no idea what or who else could be out there. Far too many people commenting that Sam is some kind of moron where basically the average person would shit their pants and die, not necessarily in that order.

Well people think that since the WW died/ disapeared and only the blade was left, Sam could've picked it up.*shrug*

Does anyone think their unsullied pals will blame Stannis/Mel for Robb? Mel talks about not seeing the blade and Stannis burned the leech...IDK man

Probably, but that's ok because a lot of book readers think that too.

Probably, but that's ok because a lot of book readers think that too.

Really? But the plans for the RW were in motion before they burned the leeches. Or so I thought. So it seems weird to me to blame them for that. Ah well. We must make sure that this is one of the FIRST threads opened for next episode hahaha. RECORD YOUR FRIENDS REACTIONS if you can

Archived