[BOOK AND TV SPOILERS] Daario and Valar Morghulis?

Young Nan

Yeah, that's it, getting the Braavosi coin means you lose. Kind of a weird system for draw IMHO. The whore knew where all three were sitting at the time, heard their voices. And the Braavosi coin was FREAKING SQUARE. THE OTHERS WERE ROUND. Yeah sure, the whore didn't see the coins from the Titan's Bastard's purse, but she's a WHORE, she's received coins probably all her life!!! I doubt she doesn't know what those coins looked like. (Yeah I know the actual draw isn't so important, but still I had to rant, LOL)

Yeah but interestingly the way he actually said it "A coin from Braavos. The Braavosi does the deed" (which turns out to be Daario). Not saying that Daario is a Faceless man, it was just interesting the way the dialogue put it. Hints are made in such ways.

The shape of the coin bothered me, too. Way too obvious to give to whom she wanted. And you guys were right about Daario being Tyroshi, but the Faceless Men were from Braavos, so what is with that line about the Braavosi doing the deed. Hmmm... might not be true but is is an interesting thought!

I wonder if the Braavosi coin wasn't some form of clumsy TV foreshadowing. Dany will conquer Meereen and Volantis (Volantis is mentioned in almost every episode) but Braavos will prove real trouble, if she tries to take it, they will kill one of her dragons so she will let it be and moves to Westeros without conquering it.

VM, is common phrase used in Essos. IA, "lovely girl" is much more weird.

I don't remember in the show, but in the book common Braavosi coins are square, coin Jaqen gives to Arya is round, probably older than Braavos itself, it works like badge for FM so common folk knows what they are dealing with and help them.

The whore knew which coin she was giving to whom and the sellswords knew she knew.

There are some similarities between Jaqen and Daario even in the books, both have rather remarkable hair color, both are handsome and Jaqen's second face has golden tooth too. But there is no chance they are the same person, though I wouldn't be surprised if someone from Dany's close circle was a FM.

Did anyone notice if the three coins were the three places the three men were from? Titan's Bastard is from Braavos, Daario is from Tyrosh(or will they change it to keep the possibility of the stupid blue dyed hair alive?) and I don't know about the other guy is from...

The coins were from Mereen, Braavos and Volantis, so assuming Daarion is still Tyroshi, no. I would guess that the third guy was a Ghiscari as Daario's two colleagues was in the book.

I think we are trying to over-analyze this. It was just a quip on receiving the coin from Braavos.

+1

It was just a TV trick

Daario saying "Valar Morgulis" = The 2 captains get he accepts Danny must die and that he'll do the deed, when in fact

he just says Valar Morgulis = his captains must die. A threat spoken directly to his captains but almost ensuered they wouldn't get it as a threat to themselves.

I wonder if the Braavosi coin wasn't some form of clumsy TV foreshadowing. Dany will conquer Meereen and Volantis (Volantis is mentioned in almost every episode) but Braavos will prove real trouble, if she tries to take it, they will kill one of her dragons so she will let it be and moves to Westeros without conquering it.

Braavos is the biggest anti-slavery free city there is. The original settlers were the former slaves of the dragon lords of Old Valyria. There's quite a few theories that the FM will appose Dany because of her dragons. Even though Dany is using them to free slaves instead of enslave men.

Citizens from Braavos "do not jest of dragons"

I don't remember in the show, but in the book common Braavosi coins are square, coin Jaqen gives to Arya is round, probably older than

Braavos itself, it works like badge for FM so common folk knows what they are dealing with and help them.

It's round so old that it's has a face that is faded from being worn and it's iron, not silver or gold or bronze or copper. Iron is not a common metal to use for coins in Westeros or Essos or anywhere. Many people think that it might tie the Iron Bank to the Faceless Men.

The whore knew which coin she was giving to whom and the sellswords knew she knew.

So it's her fault that Dany is alive then. LOL

There are some similarities between Jaqen and Daario even in the books, both have rather remarkable hair color, both are handsome and Jaqen's second face has golden tooth too. But there is no chance they are the same person, though I wouldn't be surprised if someone from Dany's close circle was a FM.

In the books they cannot be the same person because Jaqen is an old town at the Citdael under a new identity of 'Pate' and Daario is next to Dany in Mareen.

There's no way he can be in two places at once.

The coins were from Mereen, Braavos and Volantis, so assuming Daarion is still Tyroshi, no. I would guess that the third guy was a Ghiscari as Daario's two colleagues was in the book.

Well we know what happens with Mereen and Dany and we know that the slaves/former slaves in Voltanis are "waiting for her" and we know that Braavos was founded by the escaped slaves from Voltanis. The headquarters of the Faceless Men is there as well as the Iron Bank and they worship all the gods there.

I think it's only a matter of time till someone posts a crazy theory about how the person getting the Braavosi coin was foreshadowing that Braavos will oppose Dany.

or it could be looked at the other way, the people that opposed her drew the Voltanis and Mereen coin and they got killed but the coin from Braavos joined her instead of opposing her.

+1

It was just a TV trick

Daario saying "Valar Morgulis" = The 2 captains get he accepts Danny must die and that he'll do the deed, when in fact

he just says Valar Morgulis = his captains must die. A threat spoken directly to his captains but almost ensuered they wouldn't get it as a threat to themselves.

This, almost certainly. I thought that was a clever use of the phrase.

I would assume "lovely girl" is a popular phrase, nothing more. I suppose it could be a bit of FM red herring, but I'm not sure what that really serves.

It would be feasible that the FM upon hearing about Dragons would try and put a spy in Daenery's circle to gather information at least to find out what they are dealing with. Would be wise in fact. But my guts tell me that Daario is not a FM.

I do admit Daario as a FM is quite interesting though.

1) Questionable switch of allegiance to Daenerys (for her beauty). He saw his chance to be near Daenerys to spy on her for FM, he couldn't do that without bringing the Stormcrows with him.

2) Killed two Captains of the Stormcrows, don't know how, in fact we never see him killing anyone, but he does kill ( his method more like an assassin than a warrior perhaps?).

3) He has a swagger, something Bravvosi's are known for.

It is a fun crackpot theory. Heh maybe he was mean to assassinate her, but fell in love with her instead. Cheesy romance.

I do admit Daario as a FM is quite interesting though.

1) Questionable switch of allegiance to Daenerys (for her beauty). He saw his chance to be near Daenerys to spy on her for FM, he couldn't do that without bringing the Stormcrows with him.

2) Killed two Captains of the Stormcrows, don't know how, in fact we never see him killing anyone, but he does kill ( his method more like an assassin than a warrior perhaps?).

3) He has a swagger, something Bravvosi's are known for.

It is a fun crackpot theory. Heh maybe he was mean to assassinate her, but fell in love with her instead. Cheesy romance.

I certainly need to rewatch but I thought he was a "Second Son". Seemed to me they just mashed all the mercenaries into one company and Daario was a Lieutenant for the Second Sons.

Daario is not a Bravosi, he is a Tyroshi.

That's true , and 99% of the Braavosi are not even associated with the House of Black and White and the FM.

(Tho the Iron Bank may have some connection to the FM.)

Wasn't the Braavosi coin square though? Can't the skank feel that even if she doesn't look at the coins?

I wondered that as well. She clearly could have known who she was giving the coin to. Was it a set up? Did Dario know it was a setup the whole time?

I certainly need to rewatch but I thought he was a "Second Son". Seemed to me they just mashed all the mercenaries into one company and Daario was a Lieutenant for the Second Sons.

In the show he is a second son, its the books he is a stormcrow.

I always took the coin that was given to Arya as a coin used by people who wanted to go to the temple to die.

The way I read it, the coin wasn't as important as the words Arya was supposed to say. On the show, this wasn't as clear (although Jaqen did make her repeat them twice).

Daario scene, however, made it look like the coin itself meant he was bound to kill someone.

His Captains just didn't know they were the ones who were going to die.

Archived