Characters from the book to the show

Queen of the Andals

I’m sure that most of you read the story and imagine what characters look like based on their description. I have had an image of Daario in my mind since reading ASOS and was really picturing a man with long blue hair, wild facial hair, of course those golden teeth and saw a sexy pirate looking man, maybe like a Jack Sparrow and after book crushing on him I was really let down when Darrio made his first appearance in the new episode. Has anyone else gone through this? What was the biggest disappointment you experienced with the casting?

TV Daario > Book Daario

TV Ygritte > Book Ygritte

Book Yara/Asha > TV Yara Asha

TV Shae > Book Shae

Book Littlefinger > TV Littlefinger

That's about it . . . . everything else is solid . . I already mentioned whose acting I thought was bad and there are two that stand out to everyone. SK and KH.

Stephen dillane is awesome, and makes the perfect Stannis, even with his slurred speach(says "terror" like GW Bush). But a heavier set man would have been more true. Built like Robert.

I like show Meera. Always pictured an odd looking girl, and to me she looks like the woman from flight of the concords and the voice of the youngest on bobs burgers, so a good fit.

My problem is with Jorah. He doesnt look like a bear!

And i dont know who that fool is they cast for Drogan, but it looks nothing like him :P

• 5 weeks later...

Yara gets a lot of hate on the show, but I like her and think she's acted well. She's not how I pictured her while reading, and even though some of the actors replaced my visions of what they looked like before reading, I still have my old vision of Yara/Asha in my head. Kind of like a red haired (not sure why) sexy swashbuckling princess. But, the show is allowed to be different. It's taken on a life of its own.

Ramsay, I had a vivid picture of him in my minds eye, Iwan Rheon just doesn't fulfil it. The kid plays a good crazy, but dissapointed nonetheless. IIRC Ramsay is 'fleshy', fat lips, long dark hair, with the pale eyes of Roose.

Edit: And in the books, It always seemed he was rather scary looking, Iwan looks too young imo.

Exactly. Iwan Rheo might be a brilliant actor and his Ramsay is great, but he is very different like the Ramsay Snow from the books. Not only his physical appearance (too handsome, too thin, too young). He is also too charismatic and too smart. Book Ramsay used to be more like an animal: Violent, brutal and rude. He had nothing sympathic, but Iwan Rheo plays Ramsay in a way, I like to watch him. This guy has (though very dark) humor! He reminds me a bit of the "Joker" from the Batman Movies.. Really different from Book-Ramsay. But TV is TV and the actor is good...sho why not.

TV Daario > Book Daario

TV Ygritte > Book Ygritte

Book Yara/Asha > TV Yara Asha

TV Shae > Book Shae

Book Littlefinger > TV Littlefinger

This, also

Book Jon > TV Jon

Book Robb > TV Robb

TV Tormund > Book Tormund (aka Yukon Kornelius)

TV Roose > Book Roose

TV Mance > Book Mance

This, also

Book Jon > TV Jon

TV Roose > Book Roose

TV Mance > Book Mance

TV Daario is quite good so far!

TV Ygritte does not have that much of a character. She is pretty tough....if that´s what sell´s these days, I cant say I mind having to look at her :)

TV Yara is a nice character even if she does not look the part. She does walk the part if you get the idea and because of how she does that I think she is actually a more real character compared to book Asha.

TV Shae is a pretty moronic character which by the way book Shae was also lol Just TV Shae is out of her mind in different ways. Book Shae was clearly not as clever as she thought she was and by all means she was a mess but that actually is what whores are usually expected to be. Now as to TV Shae....someone needs to tell these people that if you are into loving and caring for others, whoring is not the best chareer option for you. Also, the "whore" world will not likely let you keep those ideals for long. This is true still today. Unrealistic / cartoonish character here.

TV Littlefinger is another cartoon character....enough said.

TV Jon had no character for 3 seasons....it does look like he will get one....sure took him time to get one!!! We will have to see if it´s really the actor or he simply had no material to work with,

TV Roose is very very very well conceived!!!!! Great casting! There are some small differences to book Roose but the TV one is amazing!!!!!

TV Mance does not have a character also.....so far.....we know the actor is great so lets hope they give him stuff to work with.

I agree that TV Daario and book Daario do not match they way I thought they would but the actor did capture the smug sluttyness that I picture Daario having. They both annoy and disgust me so I think casting hit the mark.

Stannis however... I hate him in the book a lot but TV stannis I like... Which is kind of annoying because I really want to hate Stannis lol

Jon is Opposite of Stannis for me. Book LOVE, tv HATE!

I read the books first, so I always imagined Jon and Robb as, you know, actual 15/16-year-old boys. Crazy, I know! Jon, in particular, I've recently realized looks something a bit like Asa Butterfield (Merlin, Hugo) in my head. And his personality is also completely different on the show. TV Jon probably wouldn't even make my Top 10 list of favorite characters, whereas Book Jon is #1 with a bullet.

Archived