[SPOILERS] Shae

The Mighty Conch

Then again, book Shae only cared about jewels, there was no need for her to be more than his whore because Tysha filled TV Shae's role on the books.

On the show, Tysha was the whore and Shae the one who actually cares about Tyrion: the fact we are expecting something completely different based on the books, I believe, is what's building up to the shocking moment.

Tysha was a "whore" in the books until Jaime tells us otherwise, which may or may not happen, but my guess is it will....

Judging by the scene from season 1 where Bronn and Shae clearly established Tysha was inded a whore, I doubt that would be the case.

The show wouldn't go against its own continuity so, in this case, Shae is filling the role of Tysha and Jaime never lied to his baby brother on the show.

What continuity? That Shae says a girl who was almost raped wouldn't want to have sex with someone? That's actually just truth, I don't need Shae to tell me that. Yet in book reality it actually did happen that way. Either way this has nothing to do with nor prove how Shae and Tyrion are as strong as ever (which they absolutely are not).

Judging by the scene from season 1 where Bronn and Shae clearly established Tysha was inded a whore, I doubt that would be the case.

They did not establish that Tysha was a whore. They established their belief that Tysha was a whore, which is necessarily based on what Tyrion told them. That's the whole point, and why the reveal from Jaime that she was not a whore is still completely possible.

I really hope they don't omit that, because it helps explain whey Tyrion could snap the way he did. Simply being released by Jaime, and then going upstairs and killing Tywin and Shae) would not make sense to me.

But Jamie telling Tyrion? I envision that scene as Jaime saying "She wasn't a whore, Tyrion, she really was a crofter's daughter, and she really did love you.", and that Tyrion recoiling in horror and self-loathing with "Don't you understand? He made me do it too! I raped my own wife and tossed her a fucking gold coin!", and then, *snap*.

They did not establish that Tysha was a whore. They established their belief that Tysha was a whore, which is necessarily based on what Tyrion told them. That's the whole point, and why the reveal from Jaime that she was not a whore is still completely possible.

Not after season 3 Brienne: she was almost raped just like on Jaime & Tyrion's story, but she was clearly uncomfortable in the bath tub with Jaime more than a few days after the event (and he didn't even touch her).

Two seasons later, the show actually back up Shae & Bronn's interpretation, for Tysha would've never slept with Tyrion a few hours after she went through what Brienne went through this season.

The best proof of it is that Brienne is still platonic with Jaime despite he, basically, did the same thing as Tyrion.

Season 1, Baelor episode.

Its how Bronn and Shae figured out Tysha was a whore; no woman who actually went through what Brienne of Tarth went through this season would've had sex with a Lannister brother two hours later (Brienne didn't, Tysha did).

And they weren't Tywin's soldiers, they were men Jaime hired to pretend Tysha was almost raped.

Not after season 3 Brienne: she was almost raped just like on Jaime & Tyrion's story, but she was clearly uncomfortable in the bath tub with Jaime more than a few days after the event (and he didn't even touch her).

Two seasons later, the show actually back up Shae & Bronn's interpretation, for Tysha would've never slept with Tyrion a few hours after she went through what Brienne went through this season.

The best proof of it is that Brienne is still platonic with Jaime despite he, basically, did the same thing as Tyrion.

I think we need no book examples to establish how a young girl may feel after having nearl beeen raped, there is just common sense.

And common sense as woman tells me that the kind and funny boy Tyrion was right the contrary of the potential rapists. He was a person the commoner girl Tysha had never before met: witty, kind, caring, interesting and first of all: not threatening. Vanilla kind of sexy. He was so different from the violent guys on the road that he may have been hugely interesting to the inexperienced girl Tysha who may have seen broad shouldered tall guys as nothing but threatening. I guess little Tyrion was charming, cute , curious and imaginative. The right mixture for first sex at thirteen when sex should always be a little " vanilla".

Its how Bronn and Shae figured out Tysha was a whore; no woman who actually went through what Brienne of Tarth went through this season would've had sex with a Lannister brother two hours later (Brienne didn't, Tysha did).

And they weren't Tywin's soldiers, they were men Jaime hired to pretend Tysha was almost raped.

Wait a minute. Are you talking about when Tysha was saved by Tyrion, or when she was being punished by Tywin? In terms of the initial saving, I never got the sense that the rape was actually consummated. I thought that it was interrupted by Tyrion, and in that sense, in that much more brutal world, I don't see it as completely implausible that she did sleep with him afterwards.

Wait a minute. Are you talking about when Tysha was saved by Tyrion, or when she was being punished by Tywin?

I'm talking about what happened in Game of Thrones the show. Not the A Song of Ice and Fire books.

I'm talking about what happened in Game of Thrones the show. Not the A Song of Ice and Fire books.

So am I, but no matter.

The disagreement is on whether a woman in Westeros whose assault was interrupted by another man might conceivably sleep with the rescuer a few hours later. Actually, I suppose the actual disagreement is whether GRRM/D&D believe that is conceivable, since what we're really debating is whether or not they believe that precludes her from not being a whore.

As the saying goes, Tyrion is 'trying to turn a ho into a housewife...' Shae is just a greedy bitch. When it looks like Tyrion is sinking she jumps ship without thinking twice about it BECAUSE GRRM IS FEARLESS WHEN IT COMES TO PEOPLE MAKING BOLD OUTRAGEOUS MOVES in 'the game'

• 7 months later...

It is really hard to imagine Tywin and Shae in bed together. I can imagine this Shae betraying Tyrion at the trial and making a mockery of him, but sleeping with Tywin? And Tywin sleeping with her?

I'm having the same problem, the very idea of it makes me shudder. Shae...I almost kind of like her in the show, I keep hoping she won't betray him on the show but something tells me she will.

I think this is a fairly easy puzzle to fill in the missing pieces too.

Shae is very very angry at the fact Tyrion is choosing his life in King's Landing over her and she's feeling all of the social constraints of being just a whore when he's saying she's his mistress. Either it's a romance or its a business transaction and Tyrion is giving her mixed signals. In the end, though, the series is about people making bad choices for good reasons. When Tyrion is condemned, Shae will probably choose between being executed or being freed.

Even without any bad feelings to him, she'd probably choose being freed. Then Tywin will use her like a whore and Tyrion, not in the best state of mind, will kill her.

How very human.

• 2 months later...

Archived