Tyrion's Arms

LORD RONALD

Well I realize he is a dwarf but does he have normal arms ? It would make more sence if he did it might not be so rediculous him fighting and killing so effortlessly. Any opinions ?

He survives because GRRM wants him to be alive. He has the strongest plot armor ever seen in literature...

There are different types of dwarves, some are proportionate some not so much. I always imagine a Warrick Davis type dwarf, so big hands and feet, long arms (for his size). Rather than the primordial dwarf, which is what the current smallest person alive is I believe.

He survives because GRRM wants him to be alive. He has the strongest plot armor ever seen in literature...

Guess what??!

This is the case with ANY other character too. They live as long as the author allows them to live, not one second longer - and not the least little bit shorter.

:D Plot armor is what characters have I don't like. My favorites are alive because they deserve it, obviously. :D

I think his arms are proportionate, otherwise it would have been commented on already by someone. The battle scenes are really quite unrealistic in regards to Tyrion, but at least he's not swinging Ice with one hand while twirling ser Gregor with the other...

EDIT: If someone with artistic abilities would like to draw that picture, you have my permission :cool4:

Guess what??!

This is the case with ANY other character too. They live as long as the author allows them to live, not one second longer - and not the least little bit shorter.

:D Plot armor is what characters have I don't like. My favorites are alive because they deserve it, obviously. :D

What??!

It isn`t. Tyrion survived some really dangerous, and for man of his capabilities, lethal situations. As for others, at least their survival isn`t going against all odds.

Surely not ever...but the plot armor is strong with this one.

Guess what??!

He just means that characters which are in situations in which they should not logically or realistically live, typically do not. So when the opposite happens and your suspension of disbelief is stretched beyond reason (Tyrion living through multiple events), it is plot armor. Which I agree with.

A dwarf without any experience in battle survived 3 battles? He and Harry Potter are top ranking champions for thickest plot armor :)

He just means that characters which are in situations in which they should not logically or realistically live, typically do not. So when the opposite happens and your suspension of disbelief is stretched beyond reason (Tyrion living through multiple events), it is plot armor. Which I agree with.

She knows what I talk about, just likes to use condescending tone in conversations.

http://www.cracked.com/article_17019_5-real-life-soldiers-who-make-rambo-look-like-pussy.html

But it's not impossible to defy lethal odds. Especially #4 on the list. I get that tyrion is a dwarf. But what he survived is not impossible even in real life, no author scripting anything.

And I'm sure, in real life there are some stories from battles (both historic and modern) that we will never hear, or no one will ever know, that are way crazier than a midget surviving a few battles.

Edit spelling

Book Tyrion initially was shown to be quite agile and surprisingly strong despite his size.

Eventually (probably after meeting Peter Dinklage, who has more or less come to personify Tyrion globally) GRRM realized dwarfism is actually quite debilitating, painful to the joints, and severely hinders strength/mobility, and Tyrion starts to lose much of his old agility by ADWD. He even comments he wouldn't be able to sit on Penny's dog/pig during jousting IIRC.

Really the oddest thing is how he managed to kill Shae. Yeah, she's a woman and yes there was a chain, but Shae is still had a huge size advantage over him (and show-shae at least is in pretty good shape...) and I don't see how a neck chain like that could strangle someone without breaking.

Archived