Tyrion's Arms

LORD RONALD

How could they kill Balrogs by the hundreds when there was only around 5-7 of them? I don't think an Elf is ever recorded as taking down a dragon either.

"There came wolves and serpents and there came Balrogs one thousand, and there came the Father of Dragons." The Lost Road, chapter 16.

I'm not sure he ever changed this.

Also during the fall of Gondolin,A few Dragons were supposed to be slain.

"There came wolves and serpents and there came Balrogs one thousand, and there came the Father of Dragons." The Lost Road, chapter 16.

I'm not sure he ever changed this.

Also during the fall of Gondolin,A few Dragons were supposed to be slain.

Yes and those were the early versions before Balrogs became demons. Balrogs as in the creature that Gandalf faced were very few and Tolkien puts the number between 3-7.

In an one on one fight, Tyrion is fucked... But in a thick melee, odds are most people wouldn't really see him (and even if they saw him wouldn't focus on'im), their minds focused on taller opponents. Tyrion only gotta get medieval on people's knees and then their necks with his axe.

Yeah but in The Blackwater he fought a good bit of the battle on horseback so with his short relatively weak arms compared to a normal man he wouldn't be able to deal so much damage. To me the first battle Tyrion fought in was acceptible but The Blackwater was probably the most rediculous bit of the books besides a few other bits.

Yes and those were the early versions before Balrogs became demons. Balrogs as in the creature that Gandalf faced were very few and Tolkien puts the number between 3-7.

Didn't know that good to know,I won't make a fool of myself again.

Yeah but in The Blackwater he fought a good bit of the battle on horseback so with his short relatively weak arms compared to a normal man he wouldn't be able to deal so much damage. To me the first battle Tyrion fought in was acceptible but The Blackwater was probably the most rediculous bit of the books besides a few other bits.

I dont think it was that far fetched, as someone has already said its not really his arms that give him issue, its more his legs he has problems with. I cant really remember him fighting against another mounted knight in the battle for Blackwater, if someone mounted in full armor is charging you down while you're on foot I dont think you have much chance, he wouldnt even really need the axe, just ride you over. IIRC the majority of people he is fighting against are just normal soliders, probably more used to plowing fields than fighting in battles.

I have not read the battle of the Blackwater recently, but if I remember correctly, the importance of Tyrion's participation in this battle is more as an inspirational figure than as a fighter. His contribution was to show courage and willingness to fight, I don't remember him incredible fighting skills, taking down dangerous foes etc. Generally, in the battles he participated he was never a main target. I don't know much about battles, but I think survival in a battle is mainly a matter of luck, not skill, for everyone.

Archived