I think Dany will be dead by the end of the story

Here's why I think so

Near the end of ADWD she is hallucinating and showing signs of the inbred insanity that is prevalent in her family. I remember reading about the PTWP theory that their was a false one. In my mind the three headed princes are Griff, Jon, and Tyrion. I think the whole point of her story was to bring dragons back into the world. I believe she will be killed in the battles of slavers bay and the dragons will fly away into the wild

She was starving and dehydrated, I don't really think that qualifies as signs of the Targaryen Madness. Joffrey had inbred madness waaaaaay earlier than she did growing up. Daenerys definitely doesn't have it.

Her visions she follows heavily indicate that she herself with have some sort of destiny with the Others. She could still die, but not any time soon in her current storyline.

Dany is well on her way to being the Mad Queen, I very much see her being an antagonist to most of the more popular characters, I do see her dying though.

I think she lasts longer though and makes it to westeros, my pet belief is that Ser Barristan is going to be her killer in a way that mirrors Jaime killing the mad king. Barristan will throw away his honor to kill Dany before she kills a large number of people and ends up just like jaime the kinslayer, who he hates.

I think the whole point of her story was to bring dragons back into the world.

Nah. Her point seems to be more like the deconstructed Messiah Archetype. Feeling like a deliverer of such in Essos and then comes to Westeros thinking shes in the right and will liberate the Westerosi of the current "evils", only to be seen as an outright evil by the characters there.

Just like Jon is a deconstructed Hero's Journey in its way.

Here's why I think so

Near the end of ADWD she is hallucinating and showing signs of the inbred insanity that is prevalent in her family. I remember reading about the PTWP theory that their was a false one. In my mind the three headed princes are Griff, Jon, and Tyrion. I think the whole point of her story was to bring dragons back into the world. I believe she will be killed in the battles of slavers bay and the dragons will fly away into the wild

LOL. If any of those hallucinations in ADWD happened to anyone else, from any other family, no one would call them mad, but just because she's a Targaryen, she's been labelled as crazy.

Anyway, this isn't going to happen at all the way you've described it. If we've actually been reading the same books, then you would have noticed the shitload of foreshadowing and hints of Daenerys and her role in Westeros. She's going to be an important part of this story, whether you like it or not.

LOL. If any of those hallucinations in ADWD happened to anyone else, from any other family, no one would call them mad, but just because she's a Targaryen, she's been labelled as crazy.

Anyway, this isn't going to happen at all the way you've described it. If we've actually been reading the same books, then you would have noticed the shitload of foreshadowing and hints of Daenerys and her role in Westeros. She's going to be an important part of this story, whether you like it or not.

shes going to be important no doubt, but I highly doubt shes going to be a messiah, or even on the right side. THe dragons are important, DAn is just a long for the ride

She can be antagonistic and still be important. It's not like it's a hard and fast choice between "actual hero" and "not important."

She can be antagonistic and still be important. It's not like it's a hard and fast choice between "actual hero" and "not important."

As much as i find Danys character annoying and boring, i think Martin has set up her role as a "reverse Messiah" perfectly.

This is true. Jon has had wolf dreams and he's not crazy (counting and discounting R=J=L+A/Q^3-%)

Jaime had a dream/dreams and he gets male and female fans wet, but no accusations of crazy. He even has incest-y parents and was in a decent mental state.

Aeron Damphair is actually insane and but hardly anything is talked about him (though that's best, death to every Greyjoy)

And finally, Davos has as vision in the Blackwater of the Mother from the Seven but (for some reason I don't get) he's still very popular and regarded as sane by fans.

Daenerys isn't crazy. Period.

Dany will be important in the final outcome of the series, I have no doubt, but GRRM has hammered away at how special and important she is so hard since the end of Book 1 that its hard not to think he's playing with our expectations somehow.

This is true. Jon has had wolf dreams and he's not crazy (counting and discounting R=J=L+A/Q^3-%)

Jaime had a dream/dreams and he gets male and female fans wet, but no accusations of crazy. He even has incest-y parents and was in a decent mental state.

Daenerys isn't crazy. Period.

thats not a certainty, GRRM has harped on targ madness every single book, with her being likely the only real targ left I dont think its a coincidence

Here's why I think so

If her whole point in the story was to bring dragons back into the world, it would make more sense if she'd burned up in the pyre. Instead, she's spent the next several books doing things that have ended up having a pretty significant impact on the story as a whole. Doesn't matter if you think she's cray cray or angelic, she's still been pretty important.

Her last chapter in Dance, she was alone, starving, dehydrated, miscarrying and self-poisoned. These visions she had aren't examples of her 'inbred insanity'. It's possible to find real examples if you are so inclined.

Here's why I think so

The fact that there is going to be a second dance of dragons, pretty much confirms she will arrive in Westeros.

Archived