[Book Spoilers] Summerhall

Raging Throner

With the eminent battle for Yunkai most likely being in this episode, I was wondering if we'll hear more exposition of Rhaegar in the TV show. So far, there has been light discussion, but I doubt non-book readers even remember the handful of sentences when others talked about him.

I have forever believed GRRM would never release his ending to D&D and that most of the great mysteries are still locked in Martin's mind. I agree that following the onscreen characters is difficult, let alone ones that will never be seen and are deceased.

This leads me to my question about whether Dany will ask Barristan in this episode about her brother Rhaegar? Maybe even a little Dunk and Egg nod. The story of Summerhall has a great explanation as to why Rhaegar is who he is. I cannot believe they would completely omit the Queen of Love and Beauty/Tower of Joy storyline. I mean D&D haven’t missed on over exploiting love stories. How could they skip Hollywoodizing the R+L match?

• 2 weeks later...

We will likely start to get the Rhaegar info next season I'd feel--they need something going on with Dany now that she will have conquered besides constantly trying to deal with murders, plus gives something else for the Bran and co scenes while their walking (the Harrenhall Tourney story), and with Jon truly coming into his own as a leader of the Men during next season, would all fit in nicely together

I cannot believe they would completely omit the Queen of Love and Beauty/Tower of Joy storyline. I mean D&D haven’t missed on over exploiting love stories. How could they skip Hollywoodizing the R+L match?

they won't. Be patient. It will just be mentioned later on to keep it more in the mind of the average viewer.

R+L will no doubt be brought into the equation somewhere along the lines, even the book readers are left in the dark about so much of it and we are much further along than the show, maybe they are just holding it back so as it doesnt confuse or go un-noticed, but dear god, when the time comes it shall be awesome!

D&D don't seem too interested in spending time on the prophetic elements of the story and the mysteries that all the book readers adore. Just not practical for the show until those elements become a part of the main storyline. I mean they barely have time to do justice to the storyline at the wall, no room for subtle shit.

With the eminent battle for Yunkai most likely being in this episode, I was wondering if we'll hear more exposition of Rhaegar in the TV show. So far, there has been light discussion, but I doubt non-book readers even remember the handful of sentences when others talked about him.

I have forever believed GRRM would never release his ending to D&D and that most of the great mysteries are still locked in Martin's mind. I agree that following the onscreen characters is difficult, let alone ones that will never be seen and are deceased.

This leads me to my question about whether Dany will ask Barristan in this episode about her brother Rhaegar? Maybe even a little Dunk and Egg nod. The story of Summerhall has a great explanation as to why Rhaegar is who he is. I cannot believe they would completely omit the Queen of Love and Beauty/Tower of Joy storyline. I mean D&D haven’t missed on over exploiting love stories. How could they skip Hollywoodizing the R+L match?

Personally I think they'll do a lot of this next season, because they've got a lot of space to fill.

Archived