Who will be the 3rd Husband of Daenerys Targaryen

Noble Brutus

Her silver was trotting through the grass, to a darkling stream beneath a sea of stars. A corpse stood at the prow of a ship, eyes bright on his dead face, gray lips smiling sadly. A blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice, and filled the air with sweetness...mother of dragons...bride of death...

1st husband: Drogo

2nd husband: Hizdahr, but Victarion kills him

3rd husband: Jon, but he'll die before Dany, I think

Why in tiny letters?

And what does any of that have to do with Dany's husbands?

It's a prophecy given to her, reffering to the husbands. The first one of the trio is her silver, when reffering to her marriage to Khal Drogo, IMO (One to bed) . The second, which we don't know yet, is a dead man on the ship (One to dread). The third one is the blue flower on the wall (One to love).

That's how I see it.

Bran Stark.

Why does no one besides me see this as a possibility?

If we consider House Stark and House Targaryen the "protagonist" houses, it just makes a certain sense for them to pair up in the end. Jon is probably her nephew, so I am never going to speculate on that one. Plus, he's a member of the Night's Watch doing much more important work than building dynastic alliances or ruling, and not a real Stark anyways.

Rickon is flat out to young, but Bran is just 5 years her junior, which is close enough of a window. Sure, he's crippled, but has that powerful blood magic going for him, and given time to bond with the right horse would be a better rider than any Dothraki. And for those who take the "blue rose filling the air with sweetness" seriously, he is a Stark of Winterfell (where blue roses grow during winter), was described by his mother as "her sweetest child," and is right now North of the Wall "blooming." Considering the vagueness of prophecy, I think he fits it as well as anyone.

Drogo was the 1st husband.

Hizdahr was the 2nd but was either not represented in the HotU (if the husband thesis holds) or will be disqualified in some way. Thus, Victarion will be either replace Hizdahr as the second husband or will be the 3rd.

If the HoTU husband thesis is true then Jon Snow does seem scheduled to end up as either 3rd or 4th depending on whether Hizdahr counts. Will be interesting to see whether or not this happens.

Even without considering the HoTU vision, Victarion has a decent chance of marrying Dany. The plot seems to be headed towards that outcome. Most of Westeros is not going to be happy to find Queen Dany coming with King Victarion and advisor Tyrion.

Bran Stark.

Why does no one besides me see this as a possibility?

If we consider House Stark and House Targaryen the "protagonist" houses, it just makes a certain sense for them to pair up in the end. Jon is probably her nephew, so I am never going to speculate on that one. Plus, he's a member of the Night's Watch doing much more important work than building dynastic alliances or ruling, and not a real Stark anyways.

Rickon is flat out to young, but Bran is just 5 years her junior, which is close enough of a window. Sure, he's crippled, but has that powerful blood magic going for him, and given time to bond with the right horse would be a better rider than any Dothraki. And for those who take the "blue rose filling the air with sweetness" seriously, he is a Stark of Winterfell (where blue roses grow during winter), was described by his mother as "her sweetest child," and is right now North of the Wall "blooming." Considering the vagueness of prophecy, I think he fits it as well as anyone.

Id like that union, because both these characters are the magical side of the series

But I think they will have a conflict and maybe some sort of resolution after, fire and ice fusing to create a dream of spring.

Oh, sure, it seems pretty clear that Dany's going to die, but that doesn't mean she won't marry again. It just means that her third marriage won't last very long. If it is a love match, as I think it will be, it will be doomed and of short duration.

4. Of the HOTU prophecies, the groups of threes rounded out with "for love," so it makes sense that her final husband would be a love match. This also makes sense if you consider that her marriage with Hizdahr may have soured her on purely political alliances. So we can rule out anyone she's unlikely to fall madly in love with. (Victarion and Euron are out.)

Why is it unlikely she would fall in love with Euron? Her's her type; attractive bad boy. Besides, Euron is so badass already; a pirate wizard king. How could he tune that up to eleven? Be a dragon riding pirate wizard king.

I would actually enjoy reading that.

Apple, you're my forum hero.

Maybe she will refrain from marriage for a little while - perhaps she won't wed again until much later in life. She hadn't had much success in her previous marriages, with one dying tragically that included the death of her offspring and loss of everything else and the other ending up being a possible assasinator that ended up being a useless union all along. Maybe she will realize that she can't depend on needing a marriage to forward herself, but to assert herself on her own. Then eventually, when she will marry again in due time, it will be one without all the extra baggage and politics behind it. Finally, be able to enjoy the relationship as a peaceful, trusting and geniunely committed one, with her own feet on the ground as well as his. Maybe the prophecy isn't so much about the description of the husband itself, but more that it will be simply a content and calm matrimony, that she will finally be in peace. Even if it wouldn't last very long because of death. But, at least there was some happiness at home prior to that death.

Oooorr maybe that is just me

:P

I actually don't think Vic would be a good match, and I would guess she would see it. He is very brutish, a big bully and not very bright. And, he is muuuuuuuch older than she is. Additionally, who would want Euron as a brother-in-law? Especially a brother-in-law who would react furiously to Vic's deception and wage some sort of warlike vendetta against the pair for marrying behind his back, leaving the whole thing of a useful and productive union of ships and armies be completely mute. Dany would have a new enemy to worry about at a whole new level, and that is the last thing she needs. She doesn't need the extra crap if she can help it. Euron might cause problems eventually anyway, but might as well prevent it from happening faster/sooner or heavily increase it.

Tyrion? Nah. He is already wed, and that is known back in Westeros, even if his wife is M.I.A and he is a wanted criminal. And other then some dry wit, there isn't much he could offer. He can't offer any more official fancy Lannister bloodline (Not that she would be inrerested anyway), he can't offer union with other houses, he can't really offer any proper resourcess, other then a bunch of sketchy mercenaries that he doesn't have entire control over, so he would really need to be smart/clever about it And frankly, it would be kind of annoying if he managed to get one pretty wife, only to be able to get another pretty wife, despite his transgrressions, issues and lookism. It be nice if for once he learned to value, loved and marry a woman for her intregrity and personality, looking beyond only the looks, versus always pining for beautiful women and complaining how they don't pay him enough heed and ignoring potential other women because of not meeting up to physical standards. Imagine if he let that part go, accept things, how happier he could actually be. But I'm gettingway off track...

Aegon is possible, and really not a bad choice. Help with the dynasty, blend some smart behind the scenes minds and resources. Aegon has his mercenaries but at least they were mainly under his belt. But he is up in his own wahoo and ego. A clash between them would probably prevent a marriage, even if there was a reconciliation.

Otherwise, who knows? It could be someone we have yet to expect as a possibility. The Bran idea isn't a bad one at all. If he were to make it to 18, Dany would be 24, so age wouldn't be that unusual for the future. It might be hard to believe at this point in time, but it's an interesting thought for the future.

I'm weary about the whole "bride of fire" thing.

she sees three visions, Viserys, Rhaegar and Rhaego as a grown man and then she is called "daughter of death". none of these men are her father but they did play important roles in Dany's growth as a character so in a way you could see them as fatherly figures to Dany and their deaths are important milestones in Dany's life, taking her from weak willed princess to a bloodthirsty dragon queen.

the slayer of lies seems much more straight forward, Dany will reveal the cloth dragon, blue eyed king and the stone beast as false ideas. the cloth dragon(Aegon) being a false Targaryen, the blue eyed king(Stannis?) being the false heir to the throne or false azor ahai(which ever you choose) and the stone beast being...I don't know yet. These three could also be Dany's ultimate enemies when she reaches Westeros.

seeing as the first two can be pretty vague, I don't think that the bride of fire visions are actually about her future husbands. Her silver near a stream could be connected to Drogo because of her wedding night but a vision of Drogo's horse would have been much more straight forward. the corpse on the ship and the blue flower will be men of future importance, they might be love interests or maybe not. hell they might be men Dany will eventually kill. She already killed Drogo and burned his body. The corpse on the ship is Victarion who has fallen in love with the idea of Dany, plus he has a volcano hand. As for the blue flower...I can't think of anyone but Jon at this point. I'm hoping it's someone else. I think the third "husband" will also be the betrayal for love.

Archived