Death of House Frey

Many people on the forum have been hoping for the complete annihilation of House Frey like the Reynes and Tarbecks because of their betrayal of Robb and their part in the Red Wedding. It seems that people think of house Frey as those few members who were involved like Lord Walder, Rymen, Black Walder and Edwyn but what of all the other Freys? Their are loyal ones like Robbs Squire Olyvar and Stevron who died for him as well as Edmures new wife Rosilin as well as many others who did not participate because of loyalty or simply because they are still children. Do the people of this forum realy want the entire death of every member of house frey down to the loyal, the women and children?

Many people on the forum have been hoping for the complete annihilation of House Frey like the Reynes and Tarbecks because of their betrayal of Robb and their part in the Red Wedding. It seems that people think of house Frey as those few members who were involved like Lord Walder, Rymen, Black Walder and Edwyn but what of all the other Freys? Their are loyal ones like Robbs Squire Olyvar and Stevron who died for him as well as Edmures new wife Rosilin as well as many others who did not participate because of loyalty or simply because they are still children. Do the people of this forum realy want the entire death of every member of house frey down to the loyal, the women and children?

We sometimes get emotional, and the Red Wedding was such an evil thing that we want all of Lord Walder's vision turned to ash before his eyes, to better savor the revenge. There are definitely ways to do this without killing everyone, though - and the thought of Walder being gelded, his name abandoned, and his castles torn down and the bridge opened without toll is honestly more satisfying.

I don't think it's so much what everyone on here thinks, but what the other families in the books will think. While most of the Freys probably had no knowledge of what was going to happen, no one in the series will trust a Frey again for decades if not longer. Walder is banking on the Lannisters or else he has doomed his house. They may not get wiped out but they will definitely be less prosperous by the end of it all.

I don't think it's so much what everyone on here thinks, but what the other families in the books will think. While most of the Freys probably had no knowledge of what was going to happen, no one in the series will trust a Frey again for decades if not longer. Walder is banking on the Lannisters or else he has doomed his house. They may not get wiped out but they will definitely be less prosperous by the end of it all.

My thinking as well.

They've already struggled with making excellent marriage contracts and have made themselves less appealing. Lord Manderly risked the life of his son when he pretended to side with the Iron Throne, then exacted "delicious" revenge.

Jaime Lannister is proof of how hard it is to be trusted once perception is tainted. He was quite hurt when he advised his uncle Kevan to ensure he had knights protecting him and Kevan replied, "Is that a threat?" in AFFC. Similarly, he is always annoyed that Brienne never trusts him to help her properly or that he has ulterior motives other than just trying to do something right (for a change, admittedly).

It's hard to see how the Freys can survive without the protection of the Lannisters, especially with Lady Stoneheart now killing every one that she finds. Despite the outlaw status of the Bannerhood without Banners, it doesn't seem as though anyone actually cares that they're hunting down Walder's kin.

I hope they all die, everyone who has the name Fray and I don't think anyone should be exempt. I don't care if they all die, I mean yeah the innocent women, men, and children doesn't deserve to suffer cause of a few evil SOBs but when has Westerosi ever really have anyone what they deserved? I don't care about House Fray as long as everybody dies and Walder Fray is sitting in his chair as he sees EVERY Kin of his dying and the Twins burning around him.

I dont think it is needed. The House of Frey can no longer rule the Crossing, but that does not mean they all need to be killed. The men can be sent to the Wall, become Maesters or Sepons and the women can become silent sisters or septas. If they refuse, then they may be killed, they refused the Kings mercy.

As for the Twins Lordship can be handed either to a second son of Edmure and Roslin, if they have more than one son. Or when Edwyns daughter Walda comes of age she can marry a loyal servant of the King and their children can rule the Twins like Lancel should have. Or they can ignore blood rights and just give the Twins to one of the Kings loyal servants.

Morals go out the window in fantasy genre sometimes. Entire nations have suffered for their leaders poor decisions. Is Walder's heinous act any different? It wouldn't surprise me if the Frey's were wiped off the map and to be honest I think it would be a life lesson for the entire realm. Don't kill your guests or else!

I will be disappointed if the Freys are wiped out. As a working class brit I actually admire them far more than the Starks and their supporters who believe in their divine right to rule based on their ancestors. The Starks and Tullys were shit rulers(last 300 years at least) who had the Targs to back them up, they betrayed the food chain and got the consequences.

Yes in the game of thrones you either win or you die. I don't want every single member dead, just about 98%. So the other Freys can learn from said mistake. The north remembers!

I will be disappointed if the Freys are wiped out. As a working class brit I actually admire them far more than the Starks and their supporters who believe in their divine right to rule based on their ancestors. The Starks and Tullys were shit rulers(last 300 years at least) who had the Targs to back them up, they betrayed the food chain and got the consequences.

i hope this guy is kidding

How were the Starks shit rulers? Their bannermen are marching in their name when they have no Stark to follow. Also Ned is highly praised as a good Lord of the North. And nothing that the Starks or Tullys did deserved thousands to sit at a table thinking to celebrate a wedding when they were slaughtered so unjustly and their bodies vandalized and their homes and titles stolen.

I don't want all the Frey's to die, just the ones that participated in the Red Wedding.

That accounts for almost all the Frey's you know...

"You wouldn't dare hang a Frey of the Crossing!"

They don't give one S*** about the lower classes let alone two. If anything they cling to their pride as nobles even stronger than the old blood.

Archived