Death of House Frey

The sack of King's Landing? The annihilation of the Reynes of Castamere? The Red Wedding? The melting down of Ice? The beheading of Ned? Any of those ring a bell?

You will see that I changed my answer about the same time as you posted for the very reasons that you mentioned, although I was unaware of your post at the time and I would presume that you were writing it when I made my edits.

Did the Starks butcher innocent Greystark children?

They wiped out the entire House so it sounds to me like they did.

read this on another thread so not oc: but Stannis once he marches should hang all the Freys in order of succession, the nobles and the small will rejoice when they found out Stannis has hanged 100 Lord Freys

That would be my pet theory, brings a smile to my face that someone else appreciates it. Can't find my original post though, haven't been able to look at my content since before episode 9 aired...

The Freys are wishing they were all dead -- they've become the moral lepers of Westeros (I'm rereading FFC, and I noticed when Lyn Corbray threatens Littlefinger, Bronze Yohn is like "what are you, a bleeping Frey?" And that's like a week after the Red Wedding).

That scene happened a long time after the Red Wedding... There was like 2 books worth of stuff between the Red Wedding and that scene, among that "stuff" the Purple Wedding, which lead to Sansa escaping with Littlefinger to the Vale and giving us the POV to see that scene...

Wouldn't at all be surprised if Martin deprives the readers of satisfying their lust for blood from House Frey. They will definitely do what they can to be on the winning side. Wouldn't be surprised to see them align with the Others if that's what it took. They certainly have enough children to sacrifice!

Could be one of those things where it's like "how can so many good people die at the end and the Freys be allowed to keep existing?" that can only be answered with "not everything's fair".

Wiping them all out due to the actions of a few is horrendous. However, even if you only killed the Freys that actively planned/took part in the Red Wedding, you're going to end up killing someone's father or brother. That could lead to feelings of vengeance.

The best thing to do would be to execute all the Freys guilty of the Red Wedding and then revoke all their lands, titles, and incomes. The surviving members of the family could be granted a plot of land and a small holdfast as a house of landed knights.

Essentially, you get ensure justice is served while stripping future Freys of having the power to do something horrible in the future, all while retaining the moral high ground.

I don't see such a thing happening in ASOIAF, though. If the Freys are served justice, it'll probably wind up with 98% of the family being wiped out.

I've never seen so many irrational people in one thread...

People seem to rather like hating their Freys.

My opinion is, as long as we are driving Houses to extinction, we should cause the complete extinction of the parasitic nobility caste, they are all essentially rotten at the core, and deeply nocive to the smallfolk of Westeros.

Starks, Lannisters, Greyjoys, Baratheons, Tyrells, Freys, they should all be dispossessed and forced to endure the plights of the common people. Should they resist, you wipe out every single one of them.

I want to see heads roll.

:commie: :commie: :commie:

Be it peasant or High Lord, all men are equal in the sights of the Seven, it is time those fancy nobles answer to that equality and pay for their indecent, unjust, lavish lifestyle.

Now if only we had a Westerosi equivalent to Doctor Guilletin...

They should start with roslin, then the children and work their way up till only lord walder is left and seal him at the twins with the corpse of his children so he can feast on them like the rat he is and finally burn the place and salt the ground then ill be happy.

Just the ones who participated and agreed with the Red Wedding. However, I think the others should be stripped of their titles.

I don't care how harsh it is! The innocent Freys don't deserve to die but it would be better for them if they no longer held the Frey name.

Archived