Is Tommen "The Valonqar"?

momo snow

Maybe this has been discussed, but I think its interesting that Maggy the Frog mentions Cersei's death and the valonqar right after discussing her children:

Cersei:"Will the king and I have children?"

Maggy:"Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you."

Maggy:"Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds," she said. "And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

I don't think that, "And when your tears have drowned you", means that all of her children will die before her.

Tommen couldn't hurt a fly, let alone his mother. The valonqar will be Jaime IMO. Tyrion is to obvious.

Tyrion has more hope to kill cersei then jaimie, Jaimie might be killed by stoneheart afterall. Tyrion should be the one to kill her in my opinion

Maybe this has been discussed, but I think its interesting that Maggy the Frog mentions Cersei's death and the valonqar right after discussing her children:

Cersei:"Will the king and I have children?"

Maggy:"Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you."

Maggy:"Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds," she said. "And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

I don't think that, "And when your tears have drowned you", means that all of her children will die before her.

You are not the only one. I think there is a chance that it's Tommen as well. When I read the prophecy the flow seems to suggest it will be Tommen.

I once read a theory that said, that during the time Tommen dies the Otthers are already far in the South and that he is coming back as a wight and kills Cersei. I think it isn´t that implausible.

Yes, Myrcella will somehow die from her deep face crease. In sorrow and fear for his life, Cersei will do the ultimate in helicopter parenting and make Tommen sleep in the same bed as her. At some point in the evening, the fat kid will roll over on her face and smother her in his sleep.

Valonqar!

I heard some theories about Sandor being the valonqar. He would fight Robert Strong on Cersei's trial.

As Robert Strong is probably UnGregor, the result would be a fight between brothers (and he's the youngest), which, in my opinion, would be awesome.

On the other hand, Sandor could be dead or "retired" from the warrior's life.

He could be the gravedigger at the Quiet Isle. If so, i guess he'll stay there

I can see him having to order her execution. Her list of crimes is vast.

He can do it without even knowing about it. This is from the wiki page:

"...Tommen acts as King, his primary (and favorite) activity being to place the royal stamp on any document put in front of him."

Ta da!

The prophecy mentions their golden shrouds first, then her tears. ie the kids are dead and she's weeping over them.

Except it is not that simple.

Cersei asks about when she will wed the prince. Maggy gives her a straight answer Never.

Cersei asks about will she be queen and Maggy says Yes.

Cersei wants to know how many children and Maggy says 3 and 16.

However, she expands on each answer. For the question on Cersei's marriage she tells Cersei she will marry the king, but it is still expanding on the first question, the state of Cersei's marriage.

For the second question she expands on Cersei being Queen. She gives her a timeframe and when she will lose her title.

Now the third question is about the children. She gives clues about their identity, Cersei losing everything and then this mysterious Valonqar killing her. However, this Valnoqar has to be connected to her children or it does not fit the mold. Unless the Valonqar is the killer of her children, then it seems Tommen or possibly Myrcella is the Valonqar. Actually now that I think about the Valonqar might be one of Robert's kids.

Grammatically it makes more sense than any other theory. After referring to her children she says "and THE little brother will kill you". It makes more sense that it is the little brother out of her children as opposed to HER little brother. That said, Tommen is harmless and I highly doubt it.

But how?, why?! Tommen is the gentlest soul in all of Westeros. Besides that's his mother! I would believe it to some extent if he was like Joffrey.

Doesn't necessarily mean that he has to do it with his own hands. Perhaps someone lays an official order for her death in front of him, and he signs it? He loves signing things.

Archived