Who will win the Iron Throne

JuicyM

I think we've had a lot of foreshadowing that Jon will be king. Not saying that means anything, but that's my guess for the moment until something changes.

I think we've had a lot of foreshadowing that Jon will be king. Not saying that means anything, but that's my guess for the moment until something changes.

Jon has much more important work. Kings are fungible. Ask the Iron Bank. My take.

Well if Jon wins the throne I will have a mental breakdown. That would be the worst ending possible. Littlefinger or Stannis FTW

Ha ha ha I think GRRM could sell it if he really wants it but he'll have to do some fancy tap dancing

Jon has much more important work. Kings are fungible. Ask the Iron Bank. My take.

I'm not saying right now, I mean in the end. In the end, the most important work will be getting the kingdom back together and rebuilding from the war.

But like I said, I don't necessarily believe he will end up on the IT, I just think we have a lot of foreshadowing in the text pointing to that outcome. It could easily be wrong, or I've misread it, or something completely different.

I think the Others will take the IT

After the invasion there will be no IT anymore.

1.The ones who survive will be more like the free folk with no need for a king.

The wildlings have better surviving skills than the common knee-benders against the long winter and the White Walkers so the majority of the survivors will be from the free folk.

or

2. the seven Kingdoms will be 7 Kingdoms again with 7 different Kings or maybe just 4 with Jon, Danny, Tyrion and Aegon being the Kings of the North, the East, the West and the South after playing a big part in destroying the White Walkers

• 5 months later...

Maybe Jon since there's quite a lot of background set up for it and foreshadowing. Not to mention it would be ironic for the only person with a claim to not actually want it and end up having to sit on it for the good of the kingdom. After all he's the only person who could unify the south (through his Targ blood) and North (stark blood). Really quite a convenient set up for GRMM. . .

Naturally you'd think it's too cliche or too obvious but then again we're not the casual reader who hasn't figured out the R + L = J theory either.

• 5 months later...

Dany's infant kid, with someone ruling as regent (either Sansa, Stannis or Bronze Yohn.)

Instead of one regent, a council of Seven, as was done for Aegon III until he came of age.  Wouldn't be surprised to see Sansa, Stannis or Bronze Yohn on the council.

Archived