Who will win the Iron Throne

JuicyM

Who will end up being King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm?

A prediction after “A Dance With Dragons”.

In the books, Aegon's the Conquerers conquest has been mentioned often. Therefore I think the conquering of Westeros will be repeated. I even think one of the many meanings of the phrase "A Song of Ice and Fire" is the conquering of Westeros. This is why, in my opinion, only houses that plan on having a conquest, get to be considered. So the Starks, Tullys and Arryns don’t get considered because they don’t even want to get the Iron Throne. This leaves the Lannisters, Tyrells, Martells, Targaryens, Baratheons and the Greyjoys. For the Lannisters, Martells and Tyrells, their only way of taking/having taken the throne, is by marriage and this doesn’t count. This only leaves the Houses Targaryen, Baratheon and Greyjoy.

House Targaryen

-Dany is the biggest contender for the crown for a few reasons. The biggest one is the fact that she has her 3 dragons, which we all know have been used before to conquer Westeros. She has also gathered quite a big army (even though it is far from Westeros). Another reason is more of a technicality. This is that I wouldn’t find it likely for an author to make a character win that has only been introduced in ADWD (Aegon). Danaerys on the other hand has been a POV from book one and would be way more logical. Of course the Dany-Aegon marriage is also possible.

-The pros for Aegon are the fact that his invasion has already started. He also has a tighter bond with Dorne, so the chance the Martells will join him is big. (F)Aegon has the support of Varys and Illirio, who both have a lot of power and influence. He is lacking dragons though. Also, If he is fake, and the westerosi find this out, the Dornish support might end too soon.

-If the theory about Jon being the child of Rhaegar and Lyanna is correct, Jon would be the oldest child of Rhaegar and thus would be in line for the throne. I have seen theories of him winning the iron throne, however, I do not see how he would get the support or manpower to win it.

So of the Targaryens, Danaerys has the biggest chance of getting the throne.

House Baratheon

If you look at the line of succession from the moment Robert died, Stannis would be the next in line. His only goal is to win the throne because it is his duty. “The Iron Throne is mine by rights.” Stannis is known as a proven battle commander and, when he was not up against a sly genius imp, he has won every battle he fought. Stannis also has the powers of the Red God, and don’t forget the Iron Bank. However Stannis lost many men on the Battle of the Blackwater. He also has been described as Iron. So he will sooner break than bend. This means he won’t make diplomatic pacts and will most likely burn a lot of bridges out of principle. In my opinion the cons outweigh the pros, so I don’t think he will win.

House Greyjoy

As you by now know, Euron has won the kingsmoot of the Iron Islands and has received all the power. He has promised to take the Iron Throne and at the moment this is his only drive. His biggest selling point is having the biggest fleet in whole Westeros. Another pro for him is the fact that a devastating civil war has been happening in Westeros and he has chosen the perfect time to start the invasion. He also possesses a lot of foreign knowledge with which he may be able to get an advantage over the other families (Dragon Horn). The north however, which they had annexed, has already been taken back by Stannis. He has also sent away the Iron Fleet to get him a wife (Danaerys). This plan isn’t bad in theory, because along with his wife, he would get an army of unsullied and dragons. But I highly doubt she would immediately agree to marry someone she has never met. Partly out of principal and partly because of the little fact that she is already married. Another little problem is that the man he sent to get her (Victarion) is planning on double-crossing his brother. Lastly, the Iron Born have a very tiny army. Their power is purely in their fleet, and that won’t be enough for a song of ice and fire.

So in conlusion, Danaerys would be the most logical pick for future winner of the Iron Throne. The main reasons being that she has dragons and that she has been a POV character from the beginning. She isn’t my favourite, but she is still my pick. Of course there is also the option of the Others killing everything. Who knows?

ETA: me saying GRRM used the phrase a song of ice and fire to describe the conquering of Westeros, that was remembered wrong by me.

The readers have should know that by “a Song of Ice and Fire” George means a conquering of Westeros. He used the phrase to describe Aegon the Conquerer’s conquering of Westeros. This is why, in my opinion, only houses that plan on having a song of ice and fire, get to be considered. So the Starks, Tullys and Arryns don’t even get considered because they don’t even want to get the Iron Throne. This leaves the Lannisters, Tyrells and the Martells. Their only way of taking/having taken the throne, is by marriage and this doesn’t count. This only leaves the Houses Targaryen, Baratheon and Greyjoy.

The title 'A Song of Ice & Fire' does not precisely mean a takeover of Westeros. It means so much more than that. Light vs Dark(which one is which is not exactly certain), the Red God vs the Old Gods, the Starks vs the Targaryens and also Jon Snow(half Stark, half Targaryen).

And just because the Starks, Tullys and Arryns do not lay claim to Westeros does not mean they are not destined to have a glorious 'Song of Ice & Fire' in their story. In fact it is most often the most righteous that prevail ahead of their more greedy and conniving counterparts.

And how is the only way for either the Lannisters, Tyrells and Martells to take the throne Marriage? You've just claimed the story is about the conquering of Westeros so why couldn't one of them do it?

Also if you think the Greyjoys are going to be the final occupants of the Iron Throne you are sadly mistaken.

Personally I think there is a good chance that nobody will occupy the Iron Throne come the end.

Welcome to the Forum :cheers:

I think that before the end of the series both Stannis and (F)Aegon will sit the throne but Dany will be the one to sit it at the end as she'll kill (F)Aegon in the second Dance of Dragons and maybe Stannis will be killed by her as well.

Stannis will end up King but Dany will "take" the IT, litterally. It was prophetised when a woman in Meereen who fleed her house to hide at his brother's when the city was taken, came asking Dany for her house back (it was taken by other and changed into a brothel). Dany said she cant have her house back because she lost it the moment she abandonned it but she can have her jewels back.

When she will land in Westeros, they will give her the throne and tell her to gtfo :D

im hoping stannis to win the iron throne or Aegon. after dance of dragons 2.0 obviously dany with stannis or tyrion as her hand if tyrion as hand then stannis on the small council with jon snow as king in the north. the best scene however im waiting for which im hoping for happens is that petyr baelish survives and is brought to lord varys where varys kills him and tells him that he was always smarter.

Stannis will end up King but Dany will "take" the IT, litterally. It was prophetised when a woman in Meereen who fleed her house to hide at his brother's when the city was taken, came asking Dany for her house back (it was taken by other and changed into a brothel). Dany said she cant have her house back because she lost it the moment she abandonned it but she can have her jewels back.

When she will land in Westeros, they will give her the throne and tell her to gtfo :D

... and then she will complain about her bruised und cut ass cheeks, like she did in Dance :cheers:

A stag will sit the Iron Throne be it Stannis (because he will never give up), Shireen (because she will courageously take up her father's cause) or Gendry (because he'll eventually learn who he really is and know that he must do his duty). :cheers:

Archived