Drawk's Back To Crisis Mode

drawkcabi

Chef speaks the truth, Drawk.  You have to consider yourself in all this mess.  If you aren't in a reasonable space then you can't help others.  Do what you need to do for your parents but if you destroy yourself in the process then you will not help things at all.  

Nothing but but good thoughts are coming your way.

2 hours ago, Ixodes said:

Chef speaks the truth, Drawk.  You have to consider yourself in all this mess.  If you aren't in a reasonable space then you can't help others.  Do what you need to do for your parents but if you destroy yourself in the process then you will not help things at all.  

Nothing but but good thoughts are coming your way.

Thank you Ix. If I could intrude on you for just one more piece of advice though? How serious is it that my dog barked himself hoarse and is there anything I can do for him by picking something up at the grocery store? It's not like I can exactly give him tea with honey.

He's got a host of other problems and is due for his annual vet visit but I got to take care of priorities first. If there's advice you can offer I appreciate it, and in any case I appreciate you taking the time to read this.

26 minutes ago, Andorion said:

I don't really know you, but I know what it feels like to be drowning in the middle of medical emergencies. I hope everything turns out for the better. 

Thank you friend and best to you in your situation.

I don't even know what to say. I've been through tiring times like these, so all I can say is it will pass alright ? All these problems, all these difficulties, they might seem to be endless but they are not. I hope for the best for you brother, just fight some more. 

8 hours ago, drawkcabi said:

Thank you Ix. If I could intrude on you for just one more piece of advice though? How serious is it that my dog barked himself hoarse and is there anything I can do for him by picking something up at the grocery store? It's not like I can exactly give him tea with honey.

He's got a host of other problems and is due for his annual vet visit but I got to take care of priorities first. If there's advice you can offer I appreciate it, and in any case I appreciate you taking the time to read this.

It's not a serious issue.  I see this quite a bit with dogs staying in kennels who won't stop barking at other dogs.  Time and resting the vocal cords will usually fix it.  The only time I intervene is if I know a dog is going to bark itself silly in a situation I will sometimes put it on an oral tranquilizer to calm them down a bit.  

14 minutes ago, Ixodes said:

It's not a serious issue.  I see this quite a bit with dogs staying in kennels who won't stop barking at other dogs.  Time and resting the vocal cords will usually fix it.  The only time I intervene is if I know a dog is going to bark itself silly in a situation I will sometimes put it on an oral tranquilizer to calm them down a bit.  

Thanks Ix.

7 hours ago, 3CityApache said:

Jesus, I'm sorry. I hope it'll all work out fine for you and your loved ones. Fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, The King In Black said:

I don't even know what to say. I've been through tiring times like these, so all I can say is it will pass alright ? All these problems, all these difficulties, they might seem to be endless but they are not. I hope for the best for you brother, just fight some more. 

Thank you all very much.

Thanks Sci.

I visited her today. She said she was very sorry and she didn't mean for what happened to happen. She said it was an accidental overdose, she doesn't even remember how it happened.

While I was there they had her sign papers admitting herself into the psychiatric ward. I just called her and she is miserable. She says it is really bad there. Like prison bad. I'm feeling guilty as hell, my stomach is all tied in knots, my dad is pissed that she's there. I just want to do the right thing for her. It's so upsetting.

10 minutes ago, sologdin said:

drawk, if she's there voluntarily, can she check herself out?  

No, she signed herself in voluntarily but she can't check herself out without writing a letter requesting to be let out and still they can keep her there at least 3 days to decide and even then the hospital can ask the court to make her an involuntary patient if they want to.

Drawn...I am glad to hear she is OK. My sister tried a bottle of pills once; after she was medically cleared, she was done with the psych eval in less than 2 days. The for my family was to dole out daily meds. If you need to talk, feel free to PM me. ;hugs;

At least her physical health is okay, so there's that. As to whether the psychiatric commitment is doing her any good I cannot judge. But do keep in mind that in many cases the patients who need and can benefit from it aren't always in a position to see those benefits.

*hugs*

Archived