Most Emotional Moments.

jongtu

Sooo many..

Ned's death. Jon's ending chapter of ADWD. Arya chasing Nymeria away. Lady's death. ETC. but most of all:

I thought Arya was dead when the Hound clocked her over the head after the Red Wedding. I threw the book down and balled my eyes out.

Most may not agree, but when the Hound asked Sansa to sing for him. It was the first moment I saw Sandor's humanity. From that moment he started to become a favorite.

I agree with this! That just reminded me of the scene with Cersei and Tommen, too. I hardly ever feel bad for Cersei, but that really got to me.

Harrenhal tourney story by Meera Reed

Dany's first days with khalasar. (also there are the best Dany and Jorah moments)

Beric Dondarrion's speech about his deaths. Are you my mother, Thoros?

Maester Aemon's speech about death and what comes after.

Maester Luwin's death. It was emotional for me twice. The second time was when I realised Osha sacrificed him to the weirwood tree, when she gave him the Gift.

Dany discovers Vaes Tolorro.

Story of why The Hound's face is burnt. Very strong scene, I did not like in the show Littlefinger delivered the story instead.

Do you know, where the heart is?

Davos' chapter in the battle of Blackwater, just before the green fire started. When he realised what is going on, and could not do anything with it.

From the show only: Jorah's story about his knighting ceremony...Poor Jorah, he couldnt enjoy even this. I had to laugh and feel sorry for him in the same moment.

arya meeting harwin at the in made me shed a man tear. it was such a happy moment when he said "arya underfoot?" ugh

ned's death.

the rw

daggers in the dark was definitely the worst for me. that one just hit me so incredibly hard. much worse than ned or robb/cat, even though those were terrible.

the happiest i was was when lf told elayne about marrying harry. when he talked about her walking down the isle wearing a direwolf cloak, i was literally yelling and fistpumping. it made me so happy.

I knew about all the major plot twists before I started reading the books. So ned stark's beheading, the red wedding etc did not hit me as hard as they would have if I didn't know. But there is one scene where Theon and the wildling women come to smuggle out Jeyne and she says something about doing anything Ramsay wants "even with the dog". I was sick to my stomach the rest of the day after reading that part

First: Lady's Death - to this day I skip over that in the book and in the show I just close my eyes and hold my hands over my ears at that part. I wait for my husband to poke me its over.

Second: Ned's Death

Third: Theon's betrayal of all of Winterfell, I am not sure what made me more angry his ignorance or his stupidity that he didn't understand why he wasn't respected. I'm sorry Theon can never be redeemed in my eyes.

Fourth: Joffery shooting up cats with is new Crossbow

Fifth: Robb's last words: Mother... Grey Wind (knowing in that moment his bond his wolf was truly dead, killed me -- but yes I too love animals more than most people)

Sixth: in Dragons nothing haunted me more than learning the faith of innocent Jeyne who thanks to Cersei and Littlefinger was trained to be whore and what Ramsey did to his "bride".

Seventh: Jon laying stabbed in the snow and calling Ghost's name.

Too many... I can't think of them all

• "Not my hair..."
  • Arya warging into Nymeria and trying to wake Cat's dead body. One of the saddest IMO
  • When Joffrey and Sansa met Arya and Mycah playing.
  • Sansa's beating. I now hate every single knight of the King's Guard who ever touched her
  • Every time Bran thinks about how he wanted to be a knight.
  • Arya thinking about her family, and especially how "she used to know a girl who loved lemoncakes".
  • The first Reek POV.
  • Jeyne.

Happy

• Arya finding Harwin. Her first glimpse of home in so long
  • Joffrey dying- loved it in the books because he was such a little shit but I must admit his death in the show was a little bittersweet because Jack Gleeson was such a delight to watch

Sad

• Everytime Bran mentions how he wanted to be a knight
  • Everytime Tysha is mentioned. Poor girl

Heartbreaking

• Jory's death then Ned waking with his dead men all around him
  • Jeyne- I'll do anything :crying:
  • Jaime- I dreamed of you
  • Loras- Once the sun has set no candle can replace it

I almost never have strong feelings toward books or TV but GRRM has turned me.

- Ned. My heart hurt when he was killed.

- The Red Wedding. When I started reading about people getting killed I had to go back and read it carefully because I thought I misread something, but nope, it actually happened. When I got to the part with Cat and Robb . . . wow. I had to keep reminding myself that it was just a book, it wasn't real. But it sure felt like my family was massacred. I couldn't go near the book for a couple of weeks after that. Talk about heart-wrenching . . .

Archived