Daenerys Going West

Theralion

One of the reasons Daenerys is stuck in Meereen is because she has no way of getting her army safely west. She can't take the demon road ( 500 leagues of desert, mountain, swamp and ruins, with hostile Mantarys in the way) without losing her army and she can't take the sea route because she doesn't have the ships. How is she going to leave? Thoughts?

Well Victarion has the ships, so she has them (at least until the battle of Mereen heats up) or she can take ships from the slavers.

Though I'm not entirely convinced she'll cross the narrow sea in the Winds of Winter or through much of Dream of Spring. Judging by her last chapter Daenerys might just lead Drogon to leave a trail of blood and fire every which way for a good while(with a possible new Khalasar to trail behind).

Danaerys hasn't done anything worth writing about since A Storm of Swords, and you want her to spend two more books doing nothing?

:laugh:

My only hope is that Victarion's Cab Service is the reason why he became a POV character, and Martin has finally figured out what direction the story is supposed to be going.

Danaerys hasn't done anything worth writing about since A Storm of Swords, and you want her to spend two more books doing nothing?

:laugh:

My only hope is that Victarion's Cab Service is the reason why he became a POV character, and Martin has finally figured out what direction the story is supposed to be going.

When Dany recoups from her fatigue, the direction she needs to go is to the nearest smith to outfit her in armor before swooping in and reclaiming her other 2 dragons.

Apart from that, it'll go whereever Martin wants it to go.

I wouldn't forget the reason why she's in Mereen in the first place!

And i believe the Qartheen have some ships left, perhaps Victarion would go their instead of staying at port.

The iron born aren't made for land battles, but on the sea, i wouldn't like to meet them...

When Dany recoups from her fatigue, the direction she needs to go is to the nearest smith to outfit her in armor before swooping in and reclaiming her other 2 dragons.

Apart from that, it'll go whereever Martin wants it to go.

If it takes two more books of Dany doing nothing, I'm going to field "his grave" as the answer, sadly.

Volantis is bringing most of the ships. Victarion will steal and command them. Dany may fly much of the way, but her people will take the sea route.

I do wonder how Volantis will be handled. ISTM that most of the Volantene military has been committed to Meereen. I think there were noises about the triarchs wanting to confront the adherents of R'hllor, but with their soldiers gone they may have only the city guard to use, and they may not be enough to risk it. The priests would see a move against them in their fires, and be well prepared to either fight or flee.

If We're to believe to Quaithe Victarion and Dany will sail to Asshai thats the easternmost place they can go and best one to visit before resealing west. And South? Could they get stranded on Sorthoros?

Makes sense because sailing there might bring enough merchandise and goods that could be used for financing a war and Sorthoros might unveil some things that hadn't been known till that moment.

Lets give some props first to Quaithe, she seems to be all knowing atm.

If We're to believe to Quaithe Victarion and Dany will sail to Asshai thats the easternmost place they can go and best one to visit before resealing west. And South? Could they get stranded on Sorthoros?

Makes sense because sailing there might bring enough merchandise and goods that could be used for financing a war and Sorthoros might unveil some things that hadn't been known till that moment.

Lets give some props first to Quaithe, she seems to be all knowing atm.

I can't comment without being rude, so I'll leave it alone.

One of the reasons Daenerys is stuck in Meereen is because she has no way of getting her army safely west. She can't take the demon road ( 500 leagues of desert, mountain, swamp and ruins, with hostile Mantarys in the way) without losing her army and she can't take the sea route because she doesn't have the ships. How is she going to leave? Thoughts?

I believe Dany will gain the Khalassar she met at the end of Dance. Then she will either go to Vaes Dothrak and unite the Khalassars or head back to Mereen. Once there I believe she will be in possession of both the iron fleet, and more importantly the Volantene fleet. She will send her fleet loaded down with unsullied and other such infantry characters to Volantis and send her dothraki and other cavalry across the Dothraki sea to Pentos. Since she can fly on Drogon she can attend both events. I'd like to think we will get a Dany Ilyrio meeting, she could become the slayer of lies there.

I can't comment without being rude, so I'll leave it alone.

I think I can. Dani totally didn't listen (and won't) to Quaithe. If Dani had gone east to get to Westeros, the trip may have some how been easier, but she didn't and won't. She will go west, because of that I think her trip has been much harder than it otherwise might have been.

I believe Dany will gain the Khalassar she met at the end of Dance. Then she will either go to Vaes Dothrak and unite the Khalassars or head back to Mereen. Once there I believe she will be in possession of both the iron fleet, and more importantly the Volantene fleet. She will send her fleet loaded down with unsullied and other such infantry characters to Volantis and send her dothraki and other cavalry across the Dothraki sea to Pentos. Since she can fly on Drogon she can attend both events. I'd like to think we will get a Dany Ilyrio meeting, she could become the slayer of lies there.

This seems pretty close to me, I mean the Dothraki are horse riders. How would they see someone who is rider of a huge fire breathing Dragon? Especially since they already had some respect for her in the past as their Kahlesi. She is acting like a Kahl as well (she has a small Kahlasar), something they may see as slight, but after Dani's dragon roasts riders and horses they may change their minds.

She can fly on Drogon's back but she won't leave her people and army behind. Can't have them marching all the way from Meereen - it would take them three books to reach their final destination, or until winter is over. I agree she can use Victarion's ships and they will be in Westeros faster, but most of them will be used to the battle of Meereen, so I'm not sure if there will be enough left to carry them. If she can take all of Xaro's and the Thirteen's ships, she'll have plenty and all she needs to deal with is how to encourage her new khalasar to cross the poisoned water.

Sorts out Meereen already, either enlists or roasts Vic, uses Volanteen ships to transport army to Valantis, smashes slave trade, heads to Pentos to discuss Aegon Mopatis with Illyrio, roasts him, arrives in Vale of Westeros, leads a small splinter cell of troops to take Dragonstone, Tyrion rescues Sansa and sweetrobin, roasts Harry the Prick and Littlefinger, cue Dany kicking ass.

I think Victarion might attack her or try taking her dragons, but he'll die and she'll take his ships by the end of it.

It'll play out like

Friendliness for some time

Victarion asks for something

Dany is like i'm the mother too these people i must protect them and stay here longer

Victarion uses the flute

Someone destroys the flute and dies in the process

Vicky gets killed

Dany has an epiphony and back to the mainland on his ships

I think Victarion might attack her or try taking her dragons, but he'll die and she'll take his ships by the end of it.

It'll play out like

Friendliness for some time

Victarion asks for something

Dany is like i'm the mother too these people i must protect them and stay here longer

Victarion uses the flute

Someone destroys the flute and dies in the process

Vicky gets killed

Dany has an epiphony and back to the mainland on his ships

Isn't there a prophecy that Danny has to go East to get home? Maybe she'll go past Asshai or something like that, find some more dragons or something

Quaithe's motivations are unclear, so what exactly she means by what she tells Dany is impossible to get. She desperately wants Dany to go to Asshai for some reason, she warns her not to trust any of the people heading her way in Dance and in general gives a lot of cryptic but vague information. It seems prophetic, but unlike Mel or Jojen or Moqorro we have no idea of what Quaithe's game is in laying out her prophecies.

Archived