What would make you stop reading this series

Nothing.

Back in the days when I actually had time on my hands to read for leisure, I used to take it upon myself to try and find the absolute worst fantasy novels - just to see if they could be 'that bad'. Friends would ask 'what are you reading?' 'Oh I think it's Dragonlance 856, Dragons of Tedium' or 'oh my god, how bad is it?' (with a beaming smile) 'Oh it's shit, utter shit - I'm just turning pages thinking it can't get any worse, and yet every page brings new delights and surprises!'

So in short - even if the entire series went to crap overnight, I'd still find enjoyment in the reading - just like the first law of thermodynamics, my enjoyment would not be created or destroyed, it would simply change forms.

For the record, the worst fantasy novel of all time is 'Elminster - a 1000 page character sheet fap, by Ed Greenwood'

Nothing. But some things that may make me ragequit for a while are:

-Any of the Lannister siblings being Targ bastards

-Tyrion become a dragon rider

-Tyrion becoming king

-Tyrion becoming Lord of Casterly Rock

I think Tyrion's character is a mini self insert for GRRM sometimes.

GRRM passes on and his estate decides to trust Stephenie Meyer with finishing the series.

By the Gods... THAT would be a case for R'hllor. :bowdown:

Nothing, I think. I love reading the books, but the wait is unbearable. I thought I was mercifully free from the wait sickness last year, but Season three of GoT made me grab the books again. Words are Wind, Martin. Let them flow like that.

Nothing. Even if I hated it, I would have to know how the story ends now. There are things that could happen to make me read the story slower or more difficult to get through like book five which I found boring so I didn't read it pretty much non-stop like I did book three, but I will finish the series regardless....and possibly scream to the Heavens depending on how things turn out.

Archived