Howland Reed + Ashara Dayne = Meera & Jojen?

maidenandwarrior

It'll take awhile, i'm gonna be involved in an upcoming reread, so you might be waiting awhile...

Involved in rereading to find a clue HotPie is AA... Walrus, you know you`ll be entering serious waters in couple of days, I hope your rereads won`t be that imaginative on the thread we open... :)

Involved in rereading to find a clue HotPie is AA... Walrus, you know you`ll be entering serious waters in couple of days, I hope your rereads won`t be that imaginative on the thread we open... :)

You know i was joking about Hot Pie, and the reread i mentioned IS the one we're doing...

Thanks for reviewing! Seriously, I have been sitting on this for a couple months now because at first I thought it was so out there. But, in the course of re-reading for other purposes, specifically character arc by character arc, I became slowly convinced that this was a real possibility.

I'm definitely glad you took the leap and posted this theory. I still feel like there might be some issues, but right now it's just making too much sense. I can tell you really did your homework. I think this might be the best thing I've read on the forum in quite a while. I'm keeping it in mind as I reread certain sections just to see how it sits.

Regarding the other Northmen looking down on the crannogmen, yeah I probably should have phrased that better. I sort of think that the rest of the North looks at them like the bayou. Sure they're apart of the country, but you still make jokes at their expense. I absolutely could be wrong about this, and I would think that people who actually fought with them and met them would disagree, but they do keep to themselves. The small folk might not have much interaction with them.

There is actually a part in ASOS when Meera mentions a Wull who was friends with her father during the war. I think on a personal level, maybe man to man, crannogs would be respected, certainly, but maybe not as a group.

With regards to Meera and Jojen's education, yep, they could just have a very well-educated father. You are totally right about that. I just think it is curious.

Honestly, I think as your theory evolves and you refine it, a lot of these bits can be removed. Some of it isn't quite right and it has the problem of weakening your thesis.

A few posts mentioned despising Ashara is alive theories. Just wondering why??

Because they are usually beyond stupid. Very few actually operate within canon. My eyes once got stuck in the back of my head from all the eyerolls I did in an "Ashara is alive" thread.

Considering that Robb’s will is currently in the Neck, along with Maege Mormont, and Galbart Glover, and the crannogmen are in the perfect position to attack the Dreadfort men at Moat Cailin and then meet any army that might march up the Kingsroad, like from the Vale or Riverlands—the Lord of Greywater Watch will have an important part to play in the future story, even if he remains off screen.

Iirc, Ned Dayne was also last seen in the Neck, part of the non Stoneheart part of BWB.

I gotta think about this a while, like DP said, there are holes, but I'm officially a little in love and might have just read myself into being a Howland and Ashara shipper!

You know i was joking about Hot Pie, and the reread i mentioned IS the one we're doing...

I know you well, my friend. Although there is a theory that when Melisandre saw Stannis in her flames and went to Dragonstone was just a beginning to find true AAR. Stannis is the uncle of Gendry, and Gendry is HotPie`s friend...Maybe that`s why Melisandre has seen Stannis in her flames. He will take her to AAR - HotPie...

I think we all understood it was a joke, right? Maybe not. Tone is hard to convey on the internet.

Well i tend to be a very non-serious kind of poster, and rereads here are very serious business, so i'm going to have to start posting less.

Thank you for your time and effort.

THIS is the reason I came to this forum. After having read The R+L+J theory I wanted to read more well though out and substantiated theories and this is one of them.

Well written interesting and enjoyable to read.

Archived