[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick without repercussion?

teemo

Another nitpick I have, and perhaps the biggest issue for me: I didn't like the sword fight with Jorah, Daario and Grey Worm. It felt far too choreographic, and the worse bit was Grey Worm spinning his spear around on for no purpose other than to look 'cool'. Wasn't keen on how the guards just swarmed in either as if it was a Bruce Lee film about Ninja's...

Wearing the same things as always kinda qualifies to being underdressed for a wedding, right? :cool4:

Totally agree about her looks. I don't find her attractive but I think she is supposed to be beautiful, thus my comment about Robb not wanting to insult Walder Frey buy ostentatiously displaying what a hot piece of exotic ass he got instead of settling for one of his plain daughters. I think that Talisa's unattractiveness in my eyes has more to do with the completely bland and charmless personality due to poor acting rather than the actual looks of the actress.

I respectfully disagree, I believe Oona is an exceptionally beautiful woman, especially in an exotic way.

What did I get started? People are really going to argue now about whether Oona is pretty, average, ugly, or not? People here will really argue about anything.. Sigh.

Eta; I never said she was ugly, for those who are saying she's 'oh so beautilfu'. IMO there's just actresses on the show that are much more attractive than her. There's a difference.

First time poster here, I usually lurk about and enjoy everyone's opinions and comments. I'm a big fan of this site and forum.

The only thing that irked me about this episode, and it's already been brought up several times, is that the mystery of Arya's fate after the RW is not really a mystery.

Thinking back to the when I first read this, I remember being more ticked off about whether or not Arya was dead than the actual RW events, and then the eventual great feeling of realizing she was only knocked out and not killed. I almost feel bad for the non-book readers that they never get to experience that.

That's my only nitpick, that there is no question about Arya's fate, its is made clear that she was just knocked out.

Other than that I loved this espisode and thought they did a great job portraying the RW.

Even debating her looks is borderline against board rules. Everyone has different tastes, and Talisa was written as a pretty person regardless of who was cast for the role. So, yeah. Let's try not to do that or the mods will step in :)

Thanks to here, the more I rewatch the Jorah/Grey Worm/Barristan fight the more I notice that damn twirling spear. How goofy.

Even debating her looks is borderline against board rules. Everyone has different tastes, and Talisa was written as a pretty person regardless of who was cast for the role. So, yeah. Let's try not to do that or the mods will step in :)

Well I don't think how she's written matters if she isn't actually that. In my prospective anyway. But yes I'd rather this topic just be dead. Talisa is gone and her horrible story line, so for that I'm glad.

I think I'll stick mostly to reading and not posting to much on these forums. You say one thing that's your opinion and people jump down your throat over stuff that's really not important lol. I think I'll pass on that headache from now on.

(-)

I really would have liked to see Grey Wind unleashed -- a few more moments of Stark badassery were sorely needed.

I wish they made it seemed like Arya was killed (the Hound swinging an axe at the back of her head) -- because that aspect really complimented the events of the RW well.

I really wish we could have had a few more Stark bannermen there defending Robb. Even if they were unnamed, no one coming to his aid seemed weak.

(+)

Dislike Talisa, but I thought her stabbing added a level of gruesomeness that wouldn't have been there without Manderly, Smalljon & Daisy getting killed. It also was the first "oh shit! moment" at least where my roomates had realized that the shit had hit the fan.

Liked the use of Frey's wife instead of the fool, it works with his attitude towards women/his wives and made more sense as a fair trade off for Caetlyn. Also it required no explaining.

Didn't mind the not clawing of the face, that blank look of it all going to hell and Cat giving up got the point across perfectly

Thanks to here, the more I rewatch the Jorah/Grey Worm/Barristan fight the more I notice that damn twirling spear. How goofy.

totally goes against everything the unsullied stand for, when you think about it.

The throat-slitting CGI was just pretty bad to me. I usually have to turn away from wrist/throat-slitting scenes and I watched this one over a dozen times without any issue at all. And unfortunately, I have seen videos of people's throats being slit.

Not having Greywind do his thing and taking out a few Freys as it was in the book, is perhaps my biggest issue with the episode.

I know people keep mentioning this but Grey Wind doesn't take out any Freys at the Red Wedding. He's said to have killed four Frey wolfhounds and bitten off the arm of a Frey guard before being felled by crossbow bolt.

Grey Wind kills loads of people at the Battle of the Whispering Woods and at Oxcross, I think a lot of people are getting the events mixed up with his death at the Twins.

Like the other poster mentioned its about perception. I don't think she's pretty but I will agree Cersei is much prettier. (That's why I tried to end it in my last post. Since obviously perception isn't something that can be argued lol.) but yeah she'd just average to me. Nothing worth looking at when you compare Dany, Cersei, Roslin, Sansa, Margery etc.

Oh, I didn't know talking about the looks is against the rules

I apologize. Ignore this

Another nitpick I have, and perhaps the biggest issue for me: I didn't like the sword fight with Jorah, Daario and Grey Worm. It felt far too choreographic, and the worse bit was Grey Worm spinning his spear around on for no purpose other than to look 'cool'. Wasn't keen on how the guards just swarmed in either as if it was a Bruce Lee film about Ninja's...

I agree

That fight didn't look natural at all

Especially Grey Worm

The editing was weird

When Robb says "mother" he is looking at her sideways, and when they cut to him again a second later he is facing her completely. We don't even hear the sound of turning with the dead silence

Also some really late reactions from those random Robb followers when the killing was taking place

She's pretty, not gorgeous like Cersei is supposed to be

And that's how it is in the books with Jeyne Westerling

I know I'm in the minority, but I like Lena's portrayal of Cersei. I think she plays the part right. However, it is obvious that she does not LOOK the part. She certainly is far from ugly, but she isn't the Great Beauty of Westeros for all to behold.

If I can get terribly superficial here for a moment, Emilia Clarke is beautiful as Daenerys should be, and Sophie Turner is beautiful as Sansa should be. I vaguely remember anyone else in the books being described as a great beauty.

... Very random, I know, but am I the only one who does not find Natalie Dormer oh so very gorgeous? I've read several posts about how hot she is, and again, she is not UNattractive, I just don't find her as attractive as other people do. There is something very off about her mouth.. it's hard to describe, she has this very smarmy, strange smile that she pushes way to the side of her face. I don't know.

Beauty is totally in the eye of the beholder.

Why the hell would I want to watch that

Lmao

Archived