[Book spoilers] Read me if you are a reader watching the show with nonreaders

TMWNN

Using a word from my language, ok. Being schadenfroh is not a good character trait. Filming a friend's reaction and putting it up online for others to laugh at, only a jerk who doesn't deserve friends would do that.

I just want to point out that while Schadenfreude is obviously a German word, it is a loan-word in the English language. The English language has a ton of words derived from German. Kindergarten is another obvious one.

This reaction compilation makes me laugh every time I watch it:

I mean, I cringed and shouted when Talisa got babystabbed, since I wasn't expecting that at all, but not nearly on the level of some of these people.

Maybe cause it is just a show? Get off your high horse.

The people's reactions, their emotions aren't 'just a show'.

If it's just a show, why watch? If you don't care about the characters, why watch?

I don't have an issue with taping the reactions. I find them more moving than the episode itself, as those are real people having strong emotions. I am not cool with mocking them, though.

Btw, anyone who has friends/family very upset just tell them that Game of Thrones is the story about a multisided conflict called War of the FIVE Kings.

Renly crept up north with a hundred thousend men and was killed. Most of his men then went to fight for Stannis and tens of thousands of them died on the Blackwater. Robbs army is the third major force to get consumed by the war. It won't be the last. If you thought this has a happy ending you haven't been paying attention ;-)

Archived