Numbers/Books Wanted List ASOIAF Limited Editions

becca69

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Meisha Merlin numbered edition Game of Thrones #249 that I'm looking to sell (depending on market value). I've never seen that specific # series mentioned, so don't know what happened to its siblings. The book is in like new condition; only opened occasionally to ogle the artwork & signatures.

Edit: By request, I've uploaded a couple of pictures for verification.

http://i.imgur.com/T2BN3ti.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0XZpNgw.jpg

Edited by Dramatic Exit

If anyone knows ghostcrawler, can you let him know that number 421 MM aCoK is on eBay right now, I have sent him a message but i'm not sure a lot of people have changed there settings to receive an email when you get a message:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A-Clash-of-Kings-Book-2-George-Martins-Game-of-Thrones-Meisha-Merlin-S-N-Ltd-Ed-/321491009235?pt=Antiquarian_Collectible&hash=item4ada5b7ed3

What's the reason for the sale if you don't mind me asking? I am probably going to sell my incomplete set of AGot (when it gets released), ACoK and ADwD all #79 at the start of next year.

As for your question as it would be the only one up on ebay and heaps of people need one you could put it up for anything really. I'd probably go with something like a $1200 Buy it Now with a Best Offer option.

Well to be honest I feel sad that it sits all alone in a box without any of its mates. I can't afford to complete the set so I figured I would sell it to someone who can. I'll probably be putting it up in the next couple of days, I still have my set of first editions so I think I can stand to let it go. Thanks very much for your feedback :)

havent seen any full MM + Subpress numbered sets for sale in a while that were open...most seem to be private transaxtions. anyone with a view on what a fine or VG set goes for these days?

I haven't either. I can try and extrapolate for you a bit from other sets.

The full Subpress sets (including one I sold several months back) were at about $6,000, but are set to increase with the next season of HBO's version and the release of the SubPress GoT. I'd expect them to increase to between $7,000 to $8,000 once GoT is out, even higher if demand peaks for other reasons that we can't foresee.

That said, if a full set of MM and SubPress books were out there, I'd expect it to fetch another $1,500 at least on top of the going price now. So Anywhere between $7,500 and $9,500. This is about in line with half of what the lettered editions are or will be going for (the last two sets have fetched about $15,000, unless I'm mistaken).

I'm no valuation expert, though, and at the end of the day, books are worth what others will pay for them. If someone's motivated, they may be willing to pay more. If the demand isn't there or slacks for some reason, it may go for less.