Numbers/Books Wanted List ASOIAF Limited Editions

becca69

German seller sellling MM GoT and CoK #196, and potentially breaking them up:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/George-R-R-Martin-A-GAME-OF-THRONES-Meisha-Merlin-signed-ltd-ed-196-500-/291405835364?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43d9242c64

http://www.ebay.com/itm/George-R-R-Martin-A-CLASH-OF-KINGS-Meisha-Merlin-signed-ltd-ed-196-500-/291405850247?hash=item43d9246687

MM GoT has consistently sold for higher than that, but it's been a while...

Edited by coreywt

Wow, finally another one for sale.

If this was listed as just the GoT, I would probably buy it to complete my set (MM CoK + All SP), even though it doesn't match.

But knowing that buying it alone will also break the 196 pairing seems really rude. And there's no way I'm ponying up that much for the MM CoK 196 that is listed. Has any user here ever claimed 196 ownership of any other title?

Yeah, the book collector in me just couldn't be the person who buys one and breaks the set. And no MM Clash of Kings has ever sold for near that price. Maybe $500-800.

This guy posted about 196, I wonder if that means he's the seller or would be an interested buyer?

This guy is definitely an interested buyer, and that went too low. If whoever got that is on this board & interested in trading, please let me know. I have another numbered copy for trade. Unfortunately, that price is not cool for Clash. Mostly still just looking for Storm 196 (I have 196 Feast onwards) but fun to see your number finally come up.

This guy is definitely an interested buyer, and that went too low. If whoever got that is on this board & interested in trading, please let me know. I have another numbered copy for trade. Unfortunately, that price is not cool for Clash. Mostly still just looking for Storm 196 (I have 196 Feast onwards) but fun to see your number finally come up.

You could contact the seller and negotiate for Clash and maybe ask if he can send your contact info to the AGOT buyer?

Just a reminder that my complete Letter 'F' set of the MM and SubPress books (with SubPress AGoT on order) is still up for sale.

I don't know what can be said about the lettered set that hasn't already been said - let's try this: "Letter 'F' - why that's just one letter away from the Letter 'G' set that GRRM himself reportedly owns!" =)

Anyway, please msg me if you have any interest or any questions.

You could contact the seller and negotiate for Clash and maybe ask if he can send your contact info to the AGOT buyer?

Thanks becca. Though truthfully I'm now rather attached to my non-matching copy.

Could you update the OP - the Storm copy I actually have (still for trade only) is #294.

While I'm here - anyone seen any action on this version recently? I have an unopened set I may be willing to part with.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0307292134/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Me too. And the drawings by Ted Nasmith look amazing, I think it has taken 3 (or 4?) years for him to get them done. Acquiring GoT from SP has emptied out my book-spending-account for some months to come. But thats all right I will be busy drooling :drool: (not on the book though).

Well.. I hope it didn't take him 4 years to get the cover painted. I mean - a dragon breathing fire on a naked girl - can you get any more generic? It looks like a run of-the-mill fantasy novel, and a cheap one to boot, which A Game of Thrones is decidedly not. From all the MM/SP covers so far this is certainly the worst and almost deterred me from buying.

I really don't like it, it looks like a cheap fantasy trope. In addition, it's not even a scene from the book. If you have to have Dany, fire and dragons on the cover, at least show her nursing the three hatchlings in the embers of the bonfire with her hair burnt off.

The rest of the art, including the book cover of part 2, looks perfectly fine and is in tune with the wonderful story. It just bugs me that they (or Ted) made such a poor choice with the most important picture of them all, the cover.

• 2 weeks later...