Numbers/Books Wanted List ASOIAF Limited Editions

becca69

I don't really think this is required for a set. It's not even really the same series. It's just based in the same world.

It's nice they even offered us first chance at them.

My only complaint is that it doesn't feature any extra work that is not already in the trade edition. Why such a high price when they don't even have to higher an artist?

Anyways, if you don't want it I'm sure someone else will

Here is a summary of the limited:

• All of the art from the trade hardcover;
  • Printed on 80# Finch;
  • The full color endsheets as a wraparound dust jacket;
  • A completely new set of endsheets;
  • 8-10 of the full-page interior illustrations (b&w in the trade) rendered in color in our edition;

Plus its signed, numbered and in a slipcase.

I am yet to make up my mind on this one.

To be fair, it does say there's new art: "Featuring more than 160 all-new illustrations by Gary Gianni, A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms is a must-have collection that proves chivalry isn’t dead—yet."

Right, they're just saying that these illustrations are also included in the regular Bantam edition, which is available for preorder for a whopping $21.78.

I consider it a part of the overall ASoIaF series, yes, but then I also consider Rogues one too since it has a ASoIaF story/history lesson in it. (Even if it's an abridged story that will be published in full eventually in the GRRMarillion or whatever, which will undoubtedly have a $1k+ Sub Press lettered edition...)

But then I'm also trying to get all GRRM books of my matching letter I can.

Glodowski125: The history of westeros or art books don't come in lettered/numbered editions which exactly match the editions of the main series. It's obvious they are setting it up as part of a "complete set" precisely to try to make people with unbroken sets feel compelled to pick up an expensive volume they otherwise would not buy.

Knight of the Seven Kingdoms won't exactly match the main series, since it will be "slightly oversize" and there are 750 numbered editions instead of 500 or 448. Funny how it keeps increasing. Who wants to bet on 750 numbereds of Winds of Winter now?

Knight of the Seven Kingdoms won't exactly match the main series, since it will be "slightly oversize" and there are 750 numbered editions instead of 500 or 448. Funny how it keeps increasing. Who wants to bet on 750 numbereds of Winds of Winter now?

I guess someone at SubPress noticed the resale values and are trying to capture more of it - lettereds on the front end with the price increase, numbereds on the back end with the supply increase. I suppose there's nothing in the contract limiting the number they can produce - hey, why not 1,000+?